Damaged Tooltipps

MAD-MM

It’s also broken in MP. When you shoot down enemy it gives a message that a plane of your own type was damaged.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

It’s also broken in MP. When you shoot down enemy it gives a message that a plane of your own type was damaged.

even if it wasnt broken, for now that feature is useless, as its just stating that a plane was damaged. but it doesnt tell what parts of the aircraft are damaged..also, it seems to put out that message everytime a single bullet hits, so that if you hit your oponent with a 1second burst, you see the same message like 10times covering half of your screen.

Looks that something is being done towards the damage model. Probably the devs need to sync the messages with what's being hit..?

Specs:

Asus Z97 PRO Gamer, i7 4790K@4.6GHz, 4x8GB Kingston @2400MHz 11-13-14-32, Titan X, Creative X-Fi, 128+2x250GB SSDs, VPC T50 Throttle + G940, MFG Crosswinds, TrackIR 5 w/ pro clip, JetSeat, Win10 Pro 64-bit, Oculus Rift, 27"@1920x1080

Settings:

2.1.x - Textures:High Terrain:High Civ.Traffic:Off Water:High VisRan:Low Heatblur:High Shadows:High Res:1920x1080 RoC:1024 MSAA:4x AF:16x HDR:OFF DefS: ON GCI: ON DoF:Off Lens: OFF C/G:390m Trees:1500m R:max Gamma: 1.5

Same thing, even I do not have that option in the Misc menu , Open Beta version...

:thumbup:

Strange, i have all the new options there.

Clean and Repair maybe?

Tried repair twice now and still don't have that option. I seem to have only one new option, undocumented of course, how do you know you have them all? I guess "Collect Statistics" might be new, I don't remember seeing it before but I might just have not been paying attention.

The mysterious new option I have is "Realtime Bomb Damage Assistance", which was on by default before the repair, turning it off or on made no difference and after the second repair it was off by default...

So you dont have this options on Misc?

For me unticked the boxes and all fine inside missions.

q4oxwmW.jpg

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

yes, that is precisely what I have, I have nothing called "Battle Damage Assesments" as mentioned earlier in a post above.

By default after running a second repair all options except "Controls Indicator" were unchecked this time. prior to the first repair, nothing I checked or unchecked would get rid of the damage reports for aircraft, this morning after running second repair, I do not have the reports of hitting aircraft and my P-51 cockpit textures are repaired as well.

Thanks for posting the screen shot, it confirms that I have the same new options as you do, I was concerned that I was missing some of them.

Edited by 71st_AH Rob

Thats very strange mate. Anyhow uncheck the bomb damage one and the messages will disappear.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I actually don't mind it for the moment tbh although I aim to get rid of it eventually for immersions sake. I'm just generally flying practice dogfights and sometimes its quite hard to be sure if you hit the enemy or not. In WW2 though, when you damage them their goose is pretty much cooked!

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,