Crash after new patch beta

sanc2775

Ok I will try it.

But I had no issue before this patch since I built up my new computer last summer. Maybe pagefile can help but something happened between 2.5.3 and 2.3.4.

I believe this will fix your problems, I have sat and talked with many clients in TS who have the same issues especially joining heavy Persian Gulf missions and this pagefile method has worked every time.

Sadly it does not fix it, at least in my F11 view test.

Maybe it fixes it if I play normally without stressing the game, but I will have to fly one or more full missions to know it.

How I set up my pagefile:

8diditopgun-20190115-214200.jpg

This is correct ?

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

Like alot of people I used to have crashes since the last update.

However, it seems completely resolved now.

The thing that really made the difference was dialing back my CPU overclock, I went from 44x multiplier to 43x.

Since doing this I am able to complete all missions without issue, even > 1hr does not seem a problem anymore. Before doing this I was not able to complete anything.

Before the update I did not have crashes of the sort, and my system benched stable with 3dmark. Go figure...

Your results may vary, but as for me I'm flying high again!

METEOP

i5-6600K OC@4.5Ghz, GTX 1070 OC, 32Gb RAM, M.2 NVMe SSD

Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Rudder Pro, Trackhat Clip, 1080p projector, Custom touchscreen rig, Ikarus touchscreen panel, Voice Attack, ReShade, Simshaker Aviator

Sadly it does not fix it, at least in my F11 view test.

Maybe it fixes it if I play normally without stressing the game, but I will have to fly one or more full missions to know it.

How I set up my pagefile:

8diditopgun-20190115-214200.jpg

This is correct ?

Yes that looks correct and it will certainly stabilize multiplayer to a huge degree, it's a pity though that the sudden back-to-desktop thing still happens for you when switching F11 views, maybe the patch we'll be getting to will solve the problem (fingers crossed)

DCS 2.5.4.26368 has not resolved the problem.

I was testing new HARM missile on PG with SA-15 and SA-11 sites.

I did several tests, quit and play again, using time acceleration several time during 50min; and then a last time accélération made me CTD...

Something strangle somewhere :dunno:

Edited by diditopgun

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel I7 8700K / RTX 3080 / 32Go DDR4 PC21300 G.Skill Ripjaws V / MSI Z370 Gaming Pro Carbon / Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold - 1000W / Noctua NH-D14 / Acer XB270HUDbmiprz 27" G-synch 144Hz / SSD Samsung 860EVO 250Go + 1To / Cooler Master HAF X / Warthog+VPC WarBRD / Thrustmaster TPR / Track-IR v5 + Track Clip Pro / Windows 11 64bits.

With the latest update the game started crashing on start up with no report.

It turned out the crash was caused by the recently installed module of the Mirage F1.

I erased the following mod folders from \\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft

MirageF1

MirageF1- AI

MirageF1CT

Now I am up and running again. Just FYI if someone trying to pinpoint cause of CTD.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Regards!

With the latest update the game started crashing on start up with no report.

It turned out the crash was caused by the recently installed module of the Mirage F1.

I erased the following mod folders from \\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Mods\aircraft

MirageF1

MirageF1- AI

MirageF1CT

Now I am up and running again. Just FYI if someone trying to pinpoint cause of CTD.

:thumbup:

Thanks a lot, mate. This yours saved my day, just a pity for those planes.

With best regards.

• 3 weeks later...
DCS 2.5.4.26368 has not resolved the problem.

I was testing new HARM missile on PG with SA-15 and SA-11 sites.

I did several tests, quit and play again, using time acceleration several time during 50min; and then a last time accélération made me CTD...

Something strangle somewhere :dunno:

I'm getting the same kind of crashes (while cycling through external views) very often since the last patch. never had them before. Also I'm not running any mods, using the stable version.