C101 EFM

Xoho

Absolutely fantastic job. Had a ton of fun throwing it around doing stalls, spins, inverted stalls and spins, tail slides, and knife flight. Didn't have an issue once. Takeoff had me worried, since I didn't think I had enough runway, but once airborne it just wanted to fly no matter what I threw at it. Airbrake behavior took a little bit of trial and error to get used to. (Hold for 1/4-1/2 second to deploy) Incredibly stable in the landing configuration where stalling was smooth and without issue, as the nose would gradually drop with full aft stick applied until airspeed increased.

Edited by Xoho

The "light" on light attack plane is very deserved .. I loaded it up for CAS and the weight went to 120% :) ... had to take out fuel until less than 20% remained.

qd6A3Eu.jpg

Other things of note:

- The trim readout now works.

- The rudders no longer control the nosewheel, have to use differential braking.

- The control bindings for CC and EB are separate, so will have to bind everything again .. but will try to see if I can export on EB and import on CC.

- Roll rate is much less than before.

- Take off runs are longer and it seems to me that now the aircraft requires more airspeed to rotate.

But overall, really happy with the new toy :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Yes. Still WIP. Our apologizes.

Excellent module and very enjoyable. It puts the L-39 in the shade in it`s versatility, 2x Mk84`s, rocket pods, cannon and A2A missiles in one loadout. The array of ordnance it can wield is impressive, and it`s a pleasure to fly as well as being a little pitbull. A great aircraft to pick and a very well executed piece of work. Count me very interested in your next project :thumbup:.

Have you any more recent news on what`s in progress, the Mirage F1.

Edited by Zoomer

Great module, great EFM. Finally a worthy western trainer to accommodate the L-39. Great job Aviodev!

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Is the very significant nose-dive when you deploy the airbrake, how the real aircraft behaves as well, or is this to be tweaked later on?

I remember other modules having such initial issues with their flight model.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Very nice FM indeed. Systems are very well made, the cockpit is gorgeous. I love the lighting, it' very unique.

But I was surprised by how slow the C-101 is, kind of a trivial question, but is that really the case? In terms of thrust at least, it's similar to the L-39.

Well done, Vibora and team! Looking forward to seeing more modules being developed by AvioDev.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

But I was surprised by how slow the C-101 is, kind of a trivial question, but is that really the case? In terms of thrust at least, it's similar to the L-39.

Yes, the power to weight seemed to be really lacking!

Curious to know how accurate this really is.

;3729828']Yes, the power to weight seemed to be really lacking!

Curious to know how accurate this really is.

Because I'm lazy I'm quoting Wikipedia:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_L-39_Albatros#Specifications_(L-39C)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/CASA_C-101#Specifications_(CASA_C-101EB)

L39C:

Empty weight 3,455 kg (7,617 lb)

Thrust 16.87 kN (3,792 lbf)

C101EB:

Empty weight 3,800 kg (8,380 lb)

Thrust 15.8 kN (3,550 lbf)

So, yeah, the L39C has lower weigth and more thrust...

I bought the C-101 yesterday, and I think it's great. Even more easy to fly and operate than the Albatros! :thumbup:

Edited by Zius

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

The C-101 was built more for range than for power which is probably why it has it has lower rated engines.

We have a difference of 1,07 kN of thrust from the L-39. The difference isn't that great. And the specific fuel consumption of the Garret and AI-25TL is the same! So nope! Even if that was true it wouldn't explain why the C-101 is so slow compared to the Albatros. Obviously, they are not the same airframe, the aerodynamic system is different, but I was surprised by how slow the C-101 is compared to the Albatros which has almost the same engine in terms of thrust.