Blue Nosed Bastards of Bodney - P-51D Campaign info

It's only available in the Open Beta branch at the moment, which is at 2.5.4.

Stable will catch up to the same version probably mid to late January. So you'll have to wait or switch to the Beta version of DCS in order to play the campaign now.

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

Fuel Problem

Thanks for your campaign.

I have a problem in the first mission(not the testflight)

I got 2 droptanks attached but they seem to be emtpy and the rear tank is empty too.

The Fuel is set to 68%.

When i want to refuelll, nothing happens, it just stays at 68%.

Do i miss something here?

Would be nice if someone can give me advice.

Thanks in advance!

Hi Reflected,

Well done! I flew several missions and I love it.

One note..not sure if it's me. But in the 2nd mission I joined up with the other flight as mission states. My radio was tuned in to channel A as well.

Though nothing happened the other wings kept on circling. I've flew quite close to them. I had to continue the mission only with my own wing and nothing happened until landing.

I was expecting them to start flying to Cherbourg I guess.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Great campaigns, Reflected, this is EXACTLY what DCS: WWII needed! :D Any chance you're working on a campaign from the Axis side?

Thank you for the kind words! I'm most certainly encouraged by the warm reception, and I'm planning to do more, I'm just not sure what - and I think I couldn't disclose it either even if I did

Great campagne. Love the immersion flying with a big bomber-pulk. Well done. However Im not sure, if this is campagne-related or DCS in general: My wingman ignore me as a leader. They will not join the formation when told so. They just fly happily a view miles behind me an the other flights. They will not catch up with the bombers and wave with me, nor will they do anything when the action starts. They will even ignore a FW190 wich is chasing me and flies right in there middle. Back on the homefield, they will not RTB and eventually ramming me on final. Any tipps on how to handle the own wing? Wrong channels maybe?. The coms are greyed out, but the voiceovers work.

Hello Reflected,

I am reaching two thirds of the campaign now and thought I would leave a few words.

I am greatly enjoying this journey into the past. It's the first time I really take the Mustang back in its own time and it's definitely a pleasure.

At first I was a little surprised by the progression system, making the campaign advance as long as you stay alive, not depending on which objective was effectively achieved. But on second thought I find it quite accurate (historically) since WWII would obviously keep going on, whatever the result of a single flight in the day !

The ambiance is very nice, even if crossing the Chanel takes a while at cruise speed ! Perhaps it would be nice to have more radio chatter but I know it means lots of recording as well ! The Easter Eggs are a very nice additions.

I'm looking forward to flying the last missions,

Best wishes for your next piece of work, if any !

Screen_190228_214439.thumb.png.a105e05da953cb1cb431b373de9b70d8.png

Screen_190228_215112.thumb.png.8f7724bfd837553c381417dca87fbc7a.png

Screen_190228_215550.thumb.png.f05a179513676b0b931c919b5abe6d7b.png

Edited by swiss_lipo

Hello Swiss_lipo,

Thank you for the feedback, I really appreciate it. I was sure from the beginning that I didn't want any progression conditions, because it's so much more realistic this way. This is something I loved when playing Bunyap's fantastic campaigns.

As for crossing the channel, well yeah, it's long. That's why I thought about easter eggs, and some distant radio chatter to liven it up. Adding more could have gotten a tad repetitive, and I thought people use time acceleration anyways. I also thought about adding contemporary music that you can listen to on your R/T, but decided not to due to copyright issues. That would have been quite immersive though!

• 2 weeks later...
I finally dusted off the old P-51 and joined the Blue Nosed Bastards. Great campaign! Very nicely done, good job.

I'm so glad to hear that! :) I put countless hours into this one, and it's always so rewarding to hear people enjoy it. And of course, thank you again for the fantastic voice-overs! :thumbup:

• 3 months later...

It is a great campaign and Im sure the Spitfire one is great also which I have purchased not yet started. Do you plan on doing anymore? How about one for the BF-109? or Huey? or Gazelle? or a sorely needed Korean F-86/Mig 15 one? Im a 60ish guy with a voice like James Earl Jones but if could be used would be willing to help out with the voice-overs.

It is a great campaign and Im sure the Spitfire one is great also which I have purchased not yet started. Do you plan on doing anymore? How about one for the BF-109? or Huey? or Gazelle? or a sorely needed Korean F-86/Mig 15 one? Im a 60ish guy with a voice like James Earl Jones but if could be used would be willing to help out with the voice-overs.

Thank you for the kind words, I'm glad my work brought you fun and enjoyment. There are things baking in the oven, I can't tell you more, only that you will be very happy :)