Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

Yeah it's doing it in both VR and on regular monitor.

Not having screen flickering but Since 2.4, sometimes a "dark" square appears and disappears very fast.. 1070ti dv390.77

I had that too in DCS since a while ago actually. I started noticing it since June. Now I'm getting full on screen flickering it's annoying...

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Can confirm same issue here on Oculus, and on several different modules, although it seems to be update wide rather than just a VR issue which I thought was the case at first.

Hope they find a fix soon.

System :-

i7-12700K 3.6 GHz 12 core, ASUS ROG Strix Z690-A Gaming, 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200MHz, 24GB Asus ROG Strix Geforce RTX 3090, 1x 500GB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, 1x 2TB Samsung 980 PRO M.2, Corsair 1000W RMx Series Modular 80 Plus Gold PSU, Windows 10. VIRPIL VPC WarBRD Base with HOTAS Warthog Stick and Warthog Throttle, VIRPIL ACE Interceptor Pedals, VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus Base with a Hawk-60 Grip, HP Reverb G2.

On such an unpleasant defect should immediately come out hot-fix!

The next update is announced for a very long time on the 16th of January 2019.

🖥️MSI PRO Z690-A DDR4, Kingston 3600 MHz 64 Gb, i5 12600K, Gigabyte RTX 4090, Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus,🕹️VKB NXT Premium.

On such an unpleasant defect should immediately come out hot-fix!

The next update is announced for a very long time on the 16th of January 2019.

I assume that the dev team is taking some time off, to spend time with their families. It's Christmas and new years eve, a time for family and friends, not work. I'm also experiencing these issues, and yes, it's fairly annoying - but the dev team are humans too. I guess you could always give the stable version a try if the flickering is too big of an issue for you to play the game, as we'll be waiting for some time for the next patch.

Hopefully it's an easy fix, and not something which will take too long to see resolved once they're back in office :)

wow, this is a pretty annoying bug. I finally download all of this stuff, get in, and lame... black box flashes on the screen every 30 secs or so. Talk about annoying. I know it's beta but damn... I guess I'll be waiting a week to play with the Yak.

idk if it does it with all planes but the Viggen is horrible and it definitely happens in the Yak pretty often too.

I've noticed a similar phenomenon happening with rain. While flying and looking off into the distance, some raindrops flash as small black boxes. The black screen flickering also seems exacerbated by rain in a mission. It happens much less frequently on clear days.

it seems related to sun when in certain position of sky

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Tried the Gazelle minigun version last night. Man, looking towards the left was pure horror! This time, however, the black flickering did not cover the entire screen. But...looking right: ok. Looking left was baaad. Had to choose something else to fly!

I agree. I have missions in NTTR with alot of clouds and to flickering doesent happen. In the air it dos not happen. But flight at night in the AV8B and try to air refuel with the probe light on. Disco ball effect.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

=&arrFilter_pf[gameversion]=&arrFilter_pf[filelang]=&arrFilter_pf[aircraft]=&arrFilter_CREATED_USER_NAME=chardly38&set_filter=Filter&set_filter=Y"]MY SKINS And Helios

i7 2600k 3.4 quad w/ Hyper N520 cpu fan_, Asus Sabertooth z77_, RX 580_, Corsair Vengeance 1800 8Gb ram_, 112 OCZ Vertex 3_, Corsair HX 1000, 3 screens res 5292x1050_,and 1 1680x1050 Helios Ir Tracker 5 with Pro Clip_,Hotas Warthog#12167 ...

Same issue for me. Just got the AMD VEGA 64 and when i see sun reflections in my cockpit it starts flickering in black squares. Was using the GTX 970 before, no issues but bad framerates. Tried different water, illumination and lighting settings, didnt work. Also turned off DS in the options config, didnt do anything to it. Shadows aswell

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

What kind of connection to your monitor do you guys use?

Im currently bound to use DVI because HDMI doesnt support 144Hz, im trying to switch to DisplayPort next week

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

When i fly the MiG-21bis, it appears as soon as i get reflections of the sun in my cockpit glass

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

Checking in.

RTX2080, first noticed this tonight on the PG map using the Aerial Refueling Hornet instant action mission.

Funny enough, I've been playing on this patch since release without issue. Exclusively on NTTR and Caucus. Just noticed it while loading up the above scenario and flying on PG for the first time.

For me, the screen goes black for several seconds. 2.5.3.latest-can't-remember

| Strix Z490-H | i5 10600K | MSI GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB Gaming X | 32GB 3000MHz DDR4 | 256 Gb SDD Samsung 840 Pro + 480Gb SDD Kingston + 500 Gb HDD | Acer Predator Z1 2560*1440p | TM Warthog HOTAS | 2x MFD Cougar | Buddyfox A10 UFC  | TrackIR 5 | Win10 Pro 64-Bit Swedish |

| A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-86F Sabre | F/A-18 Hornet | KA-50 Blackshark | Spitfire LF Mk. IX | UH-1H Huey | FC3 | CA | WWII Assets Pack | Supercarrier |

2080ti+VR and the same flickering. Fortunately switching water to MED solves the problem but it looks awful, especially when operating from a carrier.

Not to mention that skimming the waves in any bird is close to impossible unless water is set to high

'Paws