Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

While the black strobing/flickering is much reduced for me from the semi constant occurances in the Dec-Jan OB’s, I do still get the occasional flicker. Maybe once or twice per 30 minute mission.

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...

I just bought the gazelle, and cannot fly it due to the flickering, here is a video.

Thank you for sharing this.

Sadly ive decided for myself that i won‘t buy any new modules

until this is fixed, because i will not spend money on something

that has a high chance of being unplayable for me.

AMD Ryzen 5 3800X CPU

AMD Radeon RX Vega 64

G.Skill DIMM 16 GB DDR4-3600

ASUS ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING

Windows 10 - 64 Bit

THRUSTMASTER TFRP + T.Flight Hotas X / TrackIR 5

I just bought the gazelle, and cannot fly it due to the flickering, here is a video.

Is that a special spot where this flickering occours? After they said they fixed it i never saw this flickering again in any of my modules, i fired up the Gazelle 5min ago (hot on ramp) on Batumi and did a short testflight and had no flickering at all, very strange. I'm on the latest Open Beta.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Is that a special spot where this flickering occours? After they said they fixed it i never saw this flickering again in any of my modules, i fired up the Gazelle 5min ago (hot on ramp) on Batumi and did a short testflight and had no flickering at all, very strange. I'm on the latest Open Beta.

No it seems to happen during the day and during the night, looking in any direction, in the pilot or co-pilot seat, but not in external view. I've tried the suggestions in this thread, water set to low, disabling clouds, shadows, fullscreen optimizations etc and nothing works.

No it seems to happen during the day and during the night, looking in any direction, in the pilot or co-pilot seat, but not in external view. I've tried the suggestions in this thread, water set to low, disabling clouds, shadows, fullscreen optimizations etc and nothing works.

Are you using an AMD or a nvidea GPU? My HW is in the Sig.

Attached are a video showing what i see in the gazelle done in the latest open beta and a screenshot of my in game settings.

EDIT:

Lol, trying to help and getting a PM telling me i should have read through the thread to know it depends on the sun position in the sky. Sorry for not reading through the whole 26/27 pages for a bug i can't see in any of my modules, i will not bother you guys anymore...

Edited by unknown

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Are you using an AMD or a nvidea GPU? My HW is in the Sig.

Attached are a video showing what i see in the gazelle done in the latest open beta and a screenshot of my in game settings.

EDIT:

Lol, trying to help and getting a PM telling me i should have read through the thread to know it depends on the sun position in the sky. Sorry for not reading through the whole 26/27 pages for a bug i can't see in any of my modules, i will not bother you guys anymore...

AMD RX480 8gb, also if it depends on the suns position, why does it happen at night too?

I've try to fly in Gazelle today in sunrise condition over land and water, no flickering at all but in the Spitfire in the same condition flickering only with the mirror ON, i'll try with other planes this evening and report if i've issue with.

I'm on Nvidia GPU and i've noticed that for me fickering seems to be link with the mirrors and sun reflexion does not matter where the sun is.

Win 7 ultimate 64-bit SP1, IC i5-4590, 16 GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 960, Track IR.

Test with M-2000 and Mig-21, sunrise condition, and have flickering with both but like the Spit only with mirrors ON, i think for me the issue come from sun water reflexion in mirrors because i see little white squares (very little and i'm not sure it's always water maybe reflexion on other things they are really far) and at a certain amount of flickering start. Think it the same with other planes.

It is enough

My patience is in very low level, I hate flickerings! Frequent or not, I hate it!

I'm very close to revert to 2.5.3 and play only offline.

High level flight with F-15C towards Gudauta:

Please do something!

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

My patience is in very low level, I hate flickerings! Frequent or not, I hate it!

I'm very close to revert to 2.5.3 and play only offline.

High level flight with F-15C towards Gudauta:

Please do something!

First, i believe everybody reporting flickering here that he/she has the problem.

I'm just curious why this happens on some systems and not on other. Maybe everyone with that problem should post a screenshot of the ingame settings, maybe it's setting/resolution dependant?

Do you use any mods? Does this appear instantly or after a long flight? I use the latest open beta, without any mods and can't reproduce:

If ED also can't reproduce this they can't fix it.

@Hans Gruber

I have always the mirrors on and no problems in M2000C and Mig21, i don't have the Spit.

:beer:

I know this isn't as helpful, but I had this from December patch to end of February very badly like 4 a minute, then when ED said it was fixed, it went away, but I've had a couple of flickers, and I mean two, every few DAYS, it's that infrequent. My workaround was perfect, from Day 1, turn off high water to medium. It worked perfectly. But I guess there were always two things going on, at least, with this issue and hardware seems to be a factor.

SIMPLE SCENERY SAVING * SIMPLE GROUP SAVING * SIMPLE STATIC SAVING *

Since 2.5.4. is the flicker. I also have the latest DCS 2.5.4.27430 beta and it happens!

I did everything that was suggested. The latest drivers installed, nothing changes. It's easy :

What has ED changed with 2.5.4 that generates flicker?

It just annoying!:(

I'm agree hardware seems to be a factor but in my case i have try a lot of ingame settings and nothing change and flickering really seems to be linked with mirrors, I'm curious too to know if someone have the same result.

If i remember for me it start in january but maybe it was before and i'm a little bit late in my updates.

And what news from ED about this?

This is the littles artifact i've talk in a previous post no doubt the flickering is due to that.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rJv6Sngx3mU

Please ED we need a decent DCS!!!

Could you post the track to that video? Or reproduce and post the track here? I would like to test if the flickering occours for me.

I know, this will probalby not help/fix but did you try to:

- delete the fxo and metashaders2 folder in your C:\Users"your user name"\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta

- delete the metashaders folder in "your drive":\DCS World OpenBeta\Bazar\shaders\

- run the DCS repair

- run DCS

not depending on mirror state

At 14km altitude around Sukhumi, towards the sun.

Su-27 mirrors on/off, flickerings started from spawn.

(Settings in video ending.)

Please react, ED!

edit: preset low+medium+VR: no flickering, mirrors are black

edit: preset high: flickerings, mirrors working

2,5,4,27430_flankerMirrosOnOffFlickering.trk

Edited by discwalker

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD