Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

@pyromaniac4002 no this is the right place for your issue:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=270971

(sister thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=271293)

landing braking skidmarks caused lightbeams or ufo attack or just blinding lights

with Hornet, Viper, F-5E and now with Viggen

This thread about almost or full screen black flickerings, playlist:

This happening since 2.5.4 for me continously to the latest 2.5.6.47404!!!

If a bug needed to be addressed this is that bug, ED.

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

Blaming ed seems negligent as this was reported to nvidia with other games. Just some food for thought. So maybe it’s just ur hardware.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Blaming ed seems negligent as this was reported to nvidia with other games. Just some food for thought. So maybe it’s just ur hardware.

Doesn't happen with any other sim/game I have.

Windows 10 - Intel i7 7700K 4.2 Ghz (no OC) - Asus Strix GTX 1080 8Gb - 16GB DDR4 (3000 MHz) - SSD 500GB + WD Black FZEX 1TB 6Gb/s

Doesn't happen with any other sim/game I have.

And googling “screen flickering nvidia” is too hard I suppose. But sure it doesn’t happen to any of yours other games.

Not sure what your getting at.

I’m sure Ed is working on fixing it, if that’s why you’d say that.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Got board of trolling the normal threads and decided to hit up the bug threads?

:megalol:

Rack Rig: Rosewill RSV-L4000 | Koolance ERM-3K3UC | Xeon E5-1680 v2 @ 4.9ghz w/EK Monoblock | Asus Rampage IV Black Edition | 64GB 2133mhz | SLI TitanXP w/ EK Waterblocks | 2x Samsung 970 EVO Plus 1TB | Seasonic 1000w Titanium | Windows 10 Pro 64bit | TM Warthog HOTAS w/40cm Extension | MFG Crosswind Rudders | Obutto R3volution | HP Reverb

Got board of trolling the normal threads and decided to hit up the bug threads?

i guess just posting requires a reply to be factious and condescending. pls reread and try again. stop presuming just bc its not a fix to ur bug its some final answer. its a comment.

• ED Team

This is a real problem, that only a select few are unlucky enough to experience. If you have nothing to add to the bug report, there is no need to post here, posting you don't experience is not helpful, fighting, bickering and pissing contests are even less helpful. Thanks.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I think everyone is effected by this, what seems to differ is the freq. esp around the carrier as some have stated.

This is a real problem, that only a select few are unlucky enough to experience. If you have nothing to add to the bug report, there is no need to post here, posting you don't experience is not helpful, fighting, bickering and pissing contests are even less helpful. Thanks.

What kind of information do you need? I still have this issue. It doesn't bother me too much when dropping GBUs from 30000ft, but recently I'm flying a lot of the WW2 planes, and especially in multiplayer, this issue is annoying.

What I can say:

It's always a black box on the left half of the screen.

It happens on all maps (except Nevada, I have not tried that), and it happens everywhere on these maps.

However it's much more frequent when there are large bodies of water visible (lakes, sea).

It also happens more often, when looking around. Very rarely when just looking straight on.

Altitude above ground does not seem to have an effect.

I have only seen it in the cockpit, not in external views. But I rarely use external views, so I wouldn't take that too absolute.

Under worst conditions, this happens every 10 seconds.

The setup: latest DCS open beta, resolution 3840x2160. I have tried A LOT of different graphics settings in DCS, and could not find one where I felt the flickering would occur less often.

The system: Win 10 with all the updates it can get, AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Radeon Vega 64 with latest drivers, 32GB RAM.

Please let me know if you need any further information. I'd really like to help solve this issue, because it's really annoying.

Also, if there are some workarounds, I'll try those. But I couldn't find anything recent on the 45 pages of this thread.

• 2 weeks later...

bug in 2.5.6.49314

You can review my first SuperCarrier mission.

Flickering happen just before the end of the track too. I cut that from youtube upload.

Now I'm using NVIDIA inGame overlay "instant replay" (last 5 minutes) function to catch this bug.

2_5_6_49314_SC_ScreenFlickering.trk:

https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/543358251694292992/712738565477498880/2_5_6_49314_SC_ScreenFlickering.trk

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

I have had this issue in the past, turning off MSAA seems to correct it. Then you can try turning it back on again and see if the problem is resolved. Definitely no flickering with MSAA off, and some times toggling this setting with game restarts in between will make the black box effect go away.

I have had this issue in the past, turning off MSAA seems to correct it. Then you can try turning it back on again and see if the problem is resolved. Definitely no flickering with MSAA off, and some times toggling this setting with game restarts in between will make the black box effect go away.

Thanks, I’ll try this

Since DCS at 2160p looks pretty ok without MSAA, I don't have MSAA turned on. I can't afford it performance-wise.

Unfortunately I also belong to a group that has a problem with flickering black polygons when flying in VR.

This is evident when I am on a carrier's deck, sitting in the F-14. The flickering goes away when I fly away from a carrier.

It's super hard for me to fly without having MSAA turned on..

DCS is the only game where it's happening.

I'm gonna try with diffrent Nvidia drivers today and see if it helps to get rid of the issue.

Edited by yogipol

HP Reverb, Intel I7 9700K, Zotac GTX 2080Ti, 32GB Ram @4000Mhz Corsair, SDD M.2 500GB Samsung 970 PRO

• 2 weeks later...

So I have had this problem for a while, I am not a VR user, but am a triple screen. I am not sure when it first surfaced, but it only happened whenever the flood lights were on in aircraft such as the A-10C (new pit), F-16, F-14. If I kept the flood lights off in these aircraft I did not get the flickering. The F-18 and AV-8 do not have this problem, I can use those flood lights without any issue. I do get the issue around the new super carrier regardless of aircraft, I'm betting it has to do with lighting on the module.

I'll do some testing with MSAA off.

So I have had this problem for a while, I am not a VR user, but am a triple screen. I am not sure when it first surfaced, but it only happened whenever the flood lights were on in aircraft such as the A-10C (new pit), F-16, F-14. If I kept the flood lights off in these aircraft I did not get the flickering. The F-18 and AV-8 do not have this problem, I can use those flood lights without any issue. I do get the issue around the new super carrier regardless of aircraft, I'm betting it has to do with lighting on the module.

I'll do some testing with MSAA off.

The only time I get it is by the ships and or water. I’m not sure which yet. I’ve gotten it before and after the SC release.