Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

• 4 months later...

This was resolved for me around June, but since the A-10C II patch last week, it’s back... :(

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

I experience the issue as soon as I turn on MSAA. But I only experience it on the carrier and around it. Once I'm airborne and I'm 3-4 miles out of the carrier range, no more black flickering screen, even with MSAA enabled.

DCS is not the only one game I had this problem with. I remember I had it with Elite Dangerous too, only when I was using TrackIR, and it was much more serious than DCS (you could not turn head without black box flickering tens of times). On Elite Dangerous I solved by enabling Vsync. On DCS, Vsync does not seem to do any better. Only disabling MSAA does.

• 1 month later...

I used to get this *sometimes* with UH-1 Huey.  Recently I've seen it happen with the F-14 Tomcat rarely (possibly around the carrier ie. on take off).

However I just bought the P-51 Mustang and it's happening all the time. Very annoying.

The UH1 and F14 typically flashed the black full or partial (ie. 3/4) screen like peoples videos show.

The P-51 sometimes flashes just top half the screen or top quarter yellow, like a big stretched texture. Othertimes it's full screen but always seems yellow-ish.

EDIT: Perhaps I should have posted in this thread as the OP's description is closer to my current issue of P-51, yellow flashes over Normandy map.

It does not seem to occur when game is paused, but with Active-Pause I can reproduce when flying P-51 and panning view in particular direction.

It looks like this:

RTX 2080 S

No overclocking on CPU or GPU. No driver tweaks. Am using g-sync.

Does not occur in any other game. Room has AC and temperatures are okay.

Edited by DimSim

For what it's worth, I just discovered that in the F16C at least, the issue seems to be related to the console flood lights.  Specifically the CONSOLES not the Instrument Panel one.  I don't know why.  I had constant flickering black squares and I noticed that if I turned off the power, they stopped.  Well....yea because the flood lights lose power too.

So....that would suggest its related to a corrupted shader?  I've cleared the cache several times.  I was able to start and stop the flickering by turning the console flood light knob.

I'll test more but I thought I'd share.  Oh, and as other have said if you turn off MSAA it doesn't happen either, but....yea that's not a solution.

• 1 month later...

Same issue for me, but it started when I upgraded my system. Might be hardware specific so here is my rig:

i9-10850

32gb RAM

RTX3090

M.2 SSD

Next step is a complete uninstall of DCS and start over as I did a repair on the new system to get it up and running without doing a new install. Have not yet tried turning off MSAA but I will tonight.

Edited by Miles Vorkosigan

Been using Index in DCS for quite a while (pre-ordered Index) and I'm having this issue now for the first time. REALLY annoying. Noticed it first at the LSO plat. Not sure what ED did, but ya, this one has to stop like now.

The State Military (MAG 13)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

SHEEP WE-01

AV-8B BuNo 164553

VMA-214

Col J. “Poe” Rasmussen

http://www.statelyfe.com

Specs: Gigabyte Z390 Pro Wifi; i9-9900K; EVGA 2080 Ti Black; 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4; Samsung 970 EVO Series M.2 SSD; WIN10; ASUS VG248QE; CV-1 and Index

Modules: A-10C; AV8B; CA; FC3; F-5; F-14; F-18; F-86; HAWK; L-39; P-51; UH1H; NTTR; Normandy; Persian Gulf

• 1 month later...

For anyone still experiencing issues, try turning off civilian ground traffic, that seems to have fixed it for me.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

• 2 weeks later...
  • BIGNEWY changed the title to Screen flickering since 2.5.4
  • 1 month later...
  • ED Team

additional fixes are being tested now for the black screen. Hopeful for next patch

thanks

• Like 3

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Since the latest beta update of 2.7.7.14727 I experience a random flashing black screen. It occurs for varying lengths of time up to a second or two. It often flashes several times within 20 seconds. It makes the game unplayable. 

It occurs on the main menu as well as in flight. 

I have already reinstalled my video driver with a clean install. It worked for 1 day. 

My card is a Nvidia 3080 Ti. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

GD ViperWorks - YouTube

F-16CM Block 50 Replica Sim Pit Construction

I just hit this bug on latest Open Beta. 

Looking down into the cockpit = could see the plane, slight movement ended up in blacking of the screen.

When I ejecting, everything turned to normal.

I am on TrackIR and no VR. I suspect it has something to do with video card memory overclock. Last I experienced something like this on another card, turning down/0'ing the memory clock fixed it. I am also on a very mild overclock if that makes sense  + 400. No issues with other applications on +1000.

Edited by d0ct0r0z

I still experience it a lot but ONLY during dawn/dusk. Has something to do with the lighting…maybe the intensity. If I fly in the day or night, no issue….only orange breaking/setting light when the sun is above the horizon. I play open beta with drivers updated