Screen flickering since 2.5.4

ams999

Its the mirrors...black screen at altitude when toggling on and off...on the ground though it goes away

• Thanks 1

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

8 hours ago, Decibel dB said:

I have the same flashing black screen since last Beta 2.7.9.17830 update. Deactivating/removing the mirror have fixed the problem

Good find. The problem does seem to be mirror related.

Also the boxes do not appear to be random. I jumped in the pattern at Vaziani and consistently got flashing black boxes in the flair as depicted in the video above. Mirrors off and no black boxes.

yeh me an a mate noticed this the other night, he tryed in vr and i did normal 2d mode , ive only seen it in the Spitfire and tha P51 tho the jets and other warbirds dont do it,

strange we both saw it tho so its not confined to 2d only i tryed in vr today same thing, its real random too.

got to be this new patch ive never seen it before, running same vid drivers and everything so its not my system

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

yup, disabling the mirrors has rid the game of the black screen and light constant flickering that would not show up on my recordings. weird, like it was actually affecting my monitor. a fix needs to be done asap because this can cause seizures.

edit: the light constant flickering started for me when the new clouds were introduced and black screen with the latest open beta. solved by disabling the mirrors. why? i have no idea. maybe put out a announcement on steam and here that for safety reasons you'll disable the mirrors in a hot fix or something till they find the culprit. would be a bad look for ED when their customers and fans start having seizures due to the mirrors. 

Edited by Swedgen
  • Like 2

On 12/25/2021 at 6:23 AM, Flappie said:

A tester has just discovered the Corsair RGB control software (iCue) can cause screen stuttering when playing DCS.

Can you please confirm you're not running iCue?

And in case you are, can you check if stuttering persists once iCue is closed?

I have the same issue as of today.  And yes I am running (iCue) .  It runs my fans on the water cooler as well.  I didn't notice any stuttering but then again I'm not loading heavy missions at the moment.  Running i9 9700K and 1080TI  32 GB ram

On 12/25/2021 at 8:23 AM, Flappie said:

A tester has just discovered the Corsair RGB control software (iCue) can cause screen stuttering when playing DCS.

Can you please confirm you're not running iCue?

And in case you are, can you check if stuttering persists once iCue is closed?

I have iCue installed but don't have it running and did see the same thing after OB update. I run a nividia 2060 RTX card and what I noticed was after updating Nividia experience as well as reinstalling the latest Nvidia driver 497.29 again did the trick. Haven't seen it since. 

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@FlappieI am sorry to say, but whether the mirrors are turned on or off, the flickering still occurs.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Many thanks for checking this.

It seems there are two kinds of flickering at the moment:

• The one you know, caused by ligthing conditions, which was apparently introduced in 2.7 initial release, and doesn't affect everybody.
  • The one caused by mirrors, which was introduced in current OB.
  • Like 3

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

10 hours ago, Flappie said:

Many thanks for checking this.

It seems there are two kinds of flickering at the moment:

• The one you know, caused by ligthing conditions, which was apparently introduced in 2.7 initial release, and doesn't affect everybody.
  • The one caused by mirrors, which was introduced in current OB.

I can confirm for me that mirror "Off" no problem, and mirror on out of FOV no problem (flying L-39C) test near Sochi, made a flight Anapa/Sochi without problem before approaching Sochi following coast 

Edited by Morpheus

FOX-2 2021_ED_1.PNG

On 5/16/2021 at 3:15 PM, BIGNEWY said:

additional fixes are being tested now for the black screen. Hopeful for next patch

thanks

also in my case the issue with these black-screen-flickering still exist in 2.7.9.17830 ( same as former reported screenshots ). At the moment I redo UH-1H Argo campaing and it happens very often, but more if I fly "from open sea to Batumi" (into the sun) than the opposite direction.

• ED Team
9 minutes ago, MMA01 said:

also in my case the issue with these black-screen-flickering still exist in 2.7.9.17830 ( same as former reported screenshots ). At the moment I redo UH-1H Argo campaing and it happens very often, but more if I fly "from open sea to Batumi" (into the sun) than the opposite direction.

the team are aware about the black flashes / black screen, they are working on more fixes. 

thanks

• Like 5

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

i have Icue but dont use it, was using signal rgb tho so turned it off problem goes away mirrors on or off make no diff to me but the rgb does thats wierd none of the jets did it tho mostly only Spit and Mustang tryed all maps but not all do it either, channel, normandy and caucusas do it others didnt, heuy di it too and it has no mirrors you could see it in the rotor disk shadow on the door frame after i landed, its almost like the alpha in the prop disks are doing something.

hope you find it will keep ya updated if i see more.

Ryzen 7 7800x3D with AIO, RTX4080 Eagle OC, 64GB DDR5 6000mhz HP Reverb G2 & Pico4 Windows 11 Pro

On 12/28/2021 at 4:20 PM, BIGNEWY said:

the team are aware about the black flashes / black screen, they are working on more fixes. 

thanks

quick back report...

I was happy to see an update 🙂 

29 dec 2021  | DCS 2.7.9.18080 Open Beta | Screen flickers black in some case - fixed.

but it not fixes all situations. 

I checked again "mission 2" of the UH-1H Argo campaing and this short half-black-frames still happens ( e.g. flying from Argo to the Submarine ) . I'm currently not 100% sure, but it seems it happens much less as more I come near to the land, or just the sun angle differs then.

dcs_2_7_9_18080.jpg

Regards

• Like 2

• ED Team

I will pass the feedback to the team

if you can let me know your system spec and attach your dcs log and a track replay

thanks

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

black screen with mirrors on is still there.

EDIT   when I loaded the same mission the second time(instant action) it was fine(after a relaunch of game)

Edited by Raven434th

MODUALS OWNED       AH-64D APACHE, Ka-50, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Mi-24,Gazelle, FC3, A-10C, A-10CII, Mirage 2000C, F-14 TOMCAT, F/A-18C HORNET, F-16C VIPER, AV-8B/NA, F-15 E, F-4 Phantom, MiG-21Bis, L-39, F-5E, AJS 37 Viggen, MiG-19, F-86, MiG-15Bis, Spitfire IX, Bf-109K, Fw-190D, P-51D, CA, SYRIA, NEVADA, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, MARIANA ISLANDS,SUPER CARRIER, WORLD WAR II ASSETS PACK, HAWK T1

SYSTEM SPECS            AMD  7600X 4.7 Ghz CPU , MSI RX 6750 12 gig GPU ,32 gig ram on Win11 64bit.

I still see this black flashing whether the mirrors are on or off, but in my case only at night.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Strix B450-F Gaming, AMD Ryzen 3800X, 64 GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4-3000, ASUS TUF Gaming Radeon RX 6800 XT, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 250 GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe 1 TB (DCS World), Gigabyte G27QC Gaming Monitor, DelanClip Gamer, WINWING F-16EX Metal Flightstick with Orion2 Joystick Base, WINWING F-15EX II Metal Throttle with Orion2 Throttle Base, WINWING PTO 2 Take Off Panel, VIRPIL Controls Ace Flight Pedals, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, Windows 10 Pro

1 hour ago, Ithronwise said:

I still see this black flashing whether the mirrors are on or off, but in my case only at night.

+1, and additionally, when operating from the carrier deck, there appears annoying FLOLS reflections on the edges of the picture.

Natural Born Kamikaze

-------------------------

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, AMD Fatal1ty B450 Gaming K4, AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 32 GB RAM Corsair Vengeance LPX, PSU Modecom Volcano 750W, Logitech G940 HOTAS, Turtle Beach VelocityOne Rudder.

Yes, the fix was only to remove the newly introduced flickering caused by mirrors. As you can see, when the cause of an issue is clearly identified, fixes come quicker.

At the moment, we still don't know why some people have the sunrise/sunset/night lighting flickering, and why others don't have it.

• Thanks 2

Don't accept indie game testing requests from friends in Discord. Ever.

BUT the mirror issue was still there ,it was only after relaunching the game did the mirrors work properly...Sooo I dunno what that means

• Like 1

strange since the last little update i dont get it at all in vr or 2d, only thing i added was the nvidia nis scaler for vr and set the one in nvidia control panel for track ir , ever since everything is perfect and twice the frame rates.

so im at a lose to figure out why but now its good for now at least.

Maybe the relaunch initializes the fix??... I'll report back if I see it again today as I only did 1 mission the day of the fix patch...but I find it strange never the less. I should also add the black screen was solid blackout not a flicker...and it toggled on and off with the activation of mirrors, so maybe they're not the same thing?

Edited by Raven434th

Two missions flown...NO blackscreen