Graphocs issues with 1080

Madeyes

Hi guys.

I play VR on a Vive

I’ve just acquired a GTX 1080 to replace my Titan black but I’m having a couple of issues. Firstly it seems to be capped at 30 FPS. I’ve turned off v sync in global, game setting in the Nvidia setting. Turned it off on the actual game too. But it’s still capped st 30 FPS. I changed the settings from high to low & still no change.

Secondly I’m getting distortions now when I fly. It’s either like looking through water in certain areas or certain areas of the cockpit or detain parts of it are stretched, roped or warped.

I tried to screen shot them & video them but it didn’t capture the issues.

Anyone have any advice please?

Edited by Madeyes

Did you turn off motion smoothing as mentioned in the other thread? The warping effect is MS but to be honest even with MS you shouldnt be getting frames like that, and it only really happens with the spitfire for me.

When you installed the new card did you make sure to do a full clean reinstallation of windows 10? Or did you just put it in and carry on as normal?

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Did you uninstall the nVidia drivers completely with something like DDU in Safe Mode, and re-installed them?

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset

Smoothing turned off. No I just installed the card & went.

That's maybe your problem then. Do a clean installation of windows. I know when I first installed my 1080Ti I had the same problem (slide show!) which went away when I cleanly reinstalled windows.

But if you say its fixed then have fun! What are the frame rates now?

Motion smoothing is well worth using as long as your not dropping under 45, or using a module with a pronounced propeller like the spitfire.

Edited by Wolf8312

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

Just uninstalling and re-installing the display driver should do the trick as well, but that's the absolute minimum.

It's what I always do when upgrading graphics cards, and I didn't get any problems with it.

Spoiler

Ryzen 9 5900X | 64GB G.Skill TridentZ 3600 | Gigabyte RX6900XT | ASUS ROG Strix X570-E GAMING | Samsung 990Pro 2TB + 960Pro 1TB NMVe | HP Reverb G2
Pro Flight Trainer Puma | VIRPIL MT-50CM2+3 base / CM2 x2 grip with 200 mm S-curve extension + CM3 throttle + CP2/3 + FSSB R3L + VPC Rotor TCS Plus base with SharKa-50 grip mounted on Monstertech MFC-1 | TPR rudder pedals

OpenXR | PD 1.0 | 100% render resolution | DCS "HIGH" preset