Un-stoppable light sources - are we stuck with them?

Lixma 06

Just wondering - v2.5 has been with us a year now but the problem of light sources penetrating solid objects remains. Runway lights shining through the cockpit, corn fields lighting up foot-wells, anti-collision lights ignoring the airframe.....etc

Is this something we'll have to put up with or is it going to be fixed? No doubt ED know about it so I wonder if there's some deeper problem?

After some time of use I have to say that the DS brings more problems than good. Users DCS would like to hear the answer, thank you.
Agree, it was clear that DS will bring problems, but the frustrating is that ED left it half broken, removed the old rendering and started working on another projects..

Sent from my Redmi 4 using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

And then the other side of the coin: Light sources that either don’t illuminate anything (sodium vapor lights on ramps don’t illuminate aircraft or cast shadows) or just don’t exist at all (runway / taxiway lights in multi-player...)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php

High Quality Aviation Photography For Personal Enjoyment And Editorial Use.

www.crosswindimages.com

And then the other side of the coin: Light sources that either don’t illuminate anything (sodium vapor lights on ramps don’t illuminate aircraft or cast shadows) or just don’t exist at all (runway / taxiway lights in multi-player...)

That is because they are not actual light sources. They are just 'glowing' 2d textures on the ground to simulate light hitting the ground. But there is no light emitted and that is why driving a plane directly underneath one leave the plane a black outline and unlit.

DS is a failure at this point. ED either cannot fix the issues or the fixes would make the sim a 5fps slideshow. I am betting a bit of both reasons are at play and why we will never see the issues addressed in 2.xx. So, how many years will we have it like this?

Edited by Torso