Looking around the cockpit - I must be doing it wrong.

Bubba Yagga

I'm watching a lot a really great tutorials by awesome content creators and I'm watching them pan around the cockpit as a cursor sweeps over or uses a cockpit control.

I seem unable to do that.

My mouse has no functionality and when I go to map controls the column for the mouse is not available. It seems I'm limited to the number pad on my keyboard. It's doable but far from optimal.

Thank-you in advance for any insights.

I'm watching a lot a really great tutorials by awesome content creators and I'm watching them pan around the cockpit as a cursor sweeps over or uses a cockpit control.

I seem unable to do that.

Most players use head tracking via TrackIR, VR Headset, etc. - that is most likely what you are seeing.

My mouse has no functionality and when I go to map controls the column for the mouse is not available. It seems I'm limited to the number pad on my keyboard. It's doable but far from optimal.

Thank-you in advance for any insights.

The number pad (and joystick hat) are the default controls to slew the camera in a clickable cockpit but you can use the mouse control toggle ("LAlt+C") - to switch between interactive (clickable cockpit switches) and mouse "look" mode i.e. the default Su-25T mode.

Edited by Ramsay

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

The number pad (and joystick hat) are the default controls to slew the camera in a clickable cockpit but you can use the mouse control toggle ("LAlt+C") - to switch between interactive (clickable cockpit switches) and mouse "look" mode i.e. the default Su-25T mode.

Thank-you!