Pimax 5K+ DCS review and 2080ti benchmarks

*Rage*

It doesn't matter how many cores your processor has, DCS can only use one with 2 threads.

So many people quote this.

My PC was only using 1 core, and I had terrible stutters and an average frame rate of 20 in VR.

I set it to use all cores (tried 2 but caused sound problems) stutters went away and frame rate doubled.

ED has fixed the problem in The latest update and DCS now defaults to using all cores.

I’m a programmer, and yes, maybe DCS uses only two threads, but at a lower level, the PC can use as many cores as it wants/can - as proven by the increase in performance I’m experiencing.

Edited by JimmyWA

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller

My PC was only using 1 core, and I had terrible stutters and an average frame rate of 20 in VR.

I set it to use all cores (tried 2 but caused sound problems) stutters went away and frame rate doubled.

ED has fixed the problem in The latest update and DCS now defaults to using all cores.

I’m a programmer, and yes, maybe DCS uses only two threads, but at a lower level, the PC can use as many cores as it wants/can - as proven by the increase in performance I’m experiencing.

Where would I set DCS to use all cores? Is it a registry hack? I hope it's not already doing it by default on my rig but it makes me wonder about the performance increase and better image quality I've seen with my CV1. Thanks for the explanation!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Intel i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz HT Disabled, Asus RoG Strix z390E Gaming, 64GB G.Skill Trident Z 3200, Asus RoG Strix RTX2080Ti OC @ 1.9Ghz, 1TB Samsung Evo 970Pro M.2 TM Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals, Samsung 49" Curved Gaming Monitor, Samsung 50" 4KUHD TV, Acer 27" Touch Panel, CV1, Pimax 5K+, Valve Index, FSSB3 Lighting, F-16SGRH, 3 TM Cougar's and a Saitek X36 that I can't bring myself to part with.

It jumps around between the cores (unless you lock it to one, or a certain number of cores)...but it's still only using 2 cores at any given time. It's how the game is coded and Wags, ED, et al have confirmed this hundreds of times.

In their words "It would be a massive undertaking to change this."

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 5 weeks later...

Hi, I was watching this thread. Today Installed VRFPS and checked my parameters. There is something that I don't understand. With 1080ti and 8600K @4,7MHz, 16GB DDR4 3200 it shows me 32 FPS with my settings, but... CPU frametime is high - about 20ms with CPU utilisation 30%... that is really strange (free flight mission of Mi-8). Does anybody can tell me why my CPU is not utilised in that case?

PC: i7 13700k, 64GB RAM 3200MHz DDR4, RTX 4090, VR: Quest 3.

VPC MongoosT-50CM2 Grip, VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, crosswinds rudder pedals, VPC panel CP3, WinWing PTO2

It might well do the job but you will have to sacrifice some of the higher DCS settings for medium ones I think.

- 'The Dog's Rollocks' - [sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] is a water cooled behemoth :

i9 9900K@5GHz/RTX 2080Ti/32 Gb 3600MHz RAM/M.2 NVMe onboard drives/System driving Pimax 5K Plus/TM Warthog/MFG Crosswind/Gametrix Jetseat

Hi, I was watching this thread. Today Installed VRFPS and checked my parameters. There is something that I don't understand. With 1080ti and 8600K @4,7MHz, 16GB DDR4 3200 it shows me 32 FPS with my settings, but... CPU frametime is high - about 20ms with CPU utilisation 30%... that is really strange (free flight mission of Mi-8). Does anybody can tell me why my CPU is not utilised in that case?

Check out: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=243170

i9 12900KS, ASUS ROG Maximus Z790 APEX, 64 GB DDR5 4700 mhz, ASUS RTX4090, Water cooled, C - NVME SSD, 😧 DCS on SSD, TM HOTAS Warthog Stick & Throttle, Crosswind rudder Pedals, 2 x Thrustmaster MFDs on LCD Screens, Varjo Aero VR, Logitech game controller