HOTAS Warthog DCS 2.5 profile

AndyKeen

Hi All

Can anyone please assist.

I have a great setup with Oculus VR and have upgraded from a saitek Pro x56 to a HOTAS Warthog stick and throttle - Such quality in comparison.

I am running DCS 2.5 on Win10 on a clean system build - fresh install of Win10 and Only DCS 2.5 installed (not Beta).

I have been playing DCS for a year and never really got into the game because I am struggling with then HOTAS and the control bindings.

I mostly play the FA18, F15 and A10 - however which ever DCS HOTAS profile I download I can never seems to get them to work properly - they never seem to bind correctly.

Can anyone please provide me an ‘ABC’ - ‘how to’ to download and sucesfullly apply a profile to DCS 2.5

Here is what I have tried.

Downloaded various FA18 warthog profiles (from DCS forums) - in DCS when game is running, selected controls, highlighted an entry in stick, cleared the column and clicked load profile, navigate to the downloaded profile select the stick diff.lua file

Do the same for The Throttle

SOME bindings seem to take effect but it isn’t right as even some of the basic controls such as Axis controls are not mapped correctly.

I have also tried the TARGET system from Thristmaster - doesn’t seem to work properly

I really would like to play DCS properly without hours of binding the keys and if anyone can help I would really appreciate it.

Thank you

It depends how the profile is made. If you give a specific link then answers can be specific.

TARGET can have troubles with Windows permissions. It is unplugging and plugging devices virtually behind the scenes. Security design of Windows does not like this wild west kind of changes. For me I find that if I unplug and plug back in the throttle then run TARGET script then device works properly.

Loading diff.lua should load both for buttons and axis but anything can be wrong. Just feel lucky that setting one or two axes is easy work.

• 1 year later...

Hello! Is there a way to assign by Target macros only to some keys? For example eac on/off assign to landing gear up/down? Without Target those keys only receive one input and using Target my problem is that the rest of the Throttle keys are disabled.

I5 8600K  - MSI 3070 - 32Gb DDR4  - 1 TB NVME - 1TB SSD - :joystick: TM Warthog

FC3 - Mirage - Hawk (RIP) - F5E - L39 - F14B -A4E C- UH1H - AV8BNA - F16C - FA-18C - Ka50- Apache-A10CII - MB339

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@AndyKeen: Best is to make your own profiles instead of downloading someone else's. Only the A-10C gives a "reasonable" standard profile for the Warthog.

Once a profile is setup for one aircraft, it's bonded to that aircraft, no need to load it every time again. Just select the aircraft you wanna fly and you should be good.

All other aircraft beside the A-10C have standard profiles which (for me) don't cut it.

You only have to set up those once the first time you fly it.

I only setup the axis and for the rest make my profiles from within the provided software with the exception for some functions that need a DX input.

In most cases, you can make all the stuff with Target GUI or 3th party software like RSMapper and JoyStick Gremlin.

Then, before going into DCS, load up the profile for the aircraft you are going to fly, load DCS, select the aircraft and you're good the go.

If you bind your buttons directly into the controls section of DCS, you don't need to load anything upfront. You just load DCS, select the aircraft and off you go.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Hello! Is there a way to assign by Target macros only to some keys? For example eac on/off assign to landing gear up/down? Without Target those keys only receive one input and using Target my problem is that the rest of the Throttle keys are disabled.

You're probably better off to just edit the LUA files to make the switches work as you want. See this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=89226 or check the F-18 controller bug sections and there have been several recent topics on this.