RomeoKilo's A-10C Panels

romeokilo

Hi all,

FILES UPDATED 17 SEP 2020

A few people have asked for me to share the files I used for the panels on my A-10C cockpit, so I've decided to share them all - click here to download!

The plans for the actual cockpit are not mine to share, I bought them from Flim and you can as well- right here

To have a browse of my original build log click here

And for some Youtube content (i'll be posting more) have a look here

You can also follow me on Instagram- @thewarthogproject

A QUICK DISCLAIMER

These panels were designed by me in CorelDRAW to fit my needs.

Although they are a reasonable representation of the A-10C modeled in DCS, I am not suggesting nor should you believe they are replicas of the real aircraft panels. For one example- The CDU layout was modified to incorporate F1-F12 buttons, and run a cheaper 5 inch LCD.

The sizes of the panels on the side consoles are based on DZUS standards so they are quite accurate, but text and switch holes have been moved around to suit easier back lighting and cheap eBay toggles.

Other panels (LG, Fuel, AHCP, and Gauge frames) were made up based on pics and sized to fit Flims Main Instrument Panel and my 27 inch LCD monitor.

And a few panels are just are total fabrications by me (Canopy, Emergency Brake, Seat Height etc).

Anyway, here is a bit of eye candy of what mine turned out like, just because i can

44482067760_33c79a0125_c.jpg

46299198131_3a93edfa0c_c.jpg

44482069430_f44ba7408b_c.jpg

44482064960_31d98b4764_c.jpg

31360201187_a4c8089e89_c.jpg

46299184951_56256989de_c.jpg

Well, my Warthog is basically complete..... did somebody say Tomcat??

Edited by romeokilo
  • Like 1

Thank you SOOOO much for sharing. That's a lot of work that you're giving away!

@goslin23, I use Vectric and it opened up the PDF just fine. Looks like the PDF has vector information and it's not just bitmap. I was able to scale it up and down w/o any loss. Give it a shot in your CAD of choice.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

• 2 months later...

Hey lads,

Updated the files today!

I'm making myself an A1 size Poster of all my panels to hang on my pit room wall.

In the process I've re done each file and added the compiled colour version of the panel on the last page of the PDF.

Panels should be good to laser/cnc cut, and now with the last page you can print them out as well.

If you have previously downloaded the files i recommend deleting them and downloading these new ones- i found a few errors in some panels and have now fixed them all.

Cheers

Edited by romeokilo

Holy crow! Beautiful. Thanks so much for sharing this. Popping a comment so I can find it for future reference.

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks, RK! That's awesome! Which switches did you use? Using 3 2mm panels means the switches would have to have long "neck". I bought a few from PCFlights and they don't fit. Thanks!

Also, what was your source for the long-handled switches on your AHCP? :)

Thanks, RK! That's awesome! Which switches did you use? Using 3 2mm panels means the switches would have to have long "neck". I bought a few from PCFlights and they don't fit. Thanks!

The switches are just normal cheap ones from ebay, no special ones required.

They only screw onto the rear panel, then the middle and front panel sit over the top of the nut.

The switch tops are from http://lynx.dk/

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Did you print the panels?

Usually the switch attaches to the bottom plate, the middle plate is a diffuser and holes large enough to fit around the switch screw and the top plate is for the engraving.

I think the long necks are printed or lathed and stuck over the top of the standard switch with either a grub screw or glue to hold them on.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I'm an old fart, and not much impresses me anymore. But being a DCS fan, this does. Great job.

I have a small CNC that has set for about three years not doing much, may go out and fire it up and do some cutting.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Hey lads,

Updated the files today!

I'm making myself an A1 size Poster of all my panels to hang on my pit room wall.

In the process I've re done each file and added the compiled colour version of the panel on the last page of the PDF.

Panels should be good to laser/cnc cut, and now with the last page you can print them out as well.

If you have previously downloaded the files i recommend deleting them and downloading these new ones- i found a few errors in some panels and have now fixed them all.

Here is a sneak peak of the poster- once its finished ill add it as a full size printable PDF to the drop box as well!

Cheers

I was looking for this to print out my own panels with my CO2 laser. Dumb question, where do I find the Dropbox?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi

Thanks for your efforts on this.

I've been grabbing info from everywhere on bits and pieces I could make as a challenge.

Currently looking into the Caution warning panel and came across your files.

While looking through, I found an error in the Caution panel legends:

You have 2 "L - AIL TAB" indicators - the right side indicator label is wrong (see attachment).

CLP_error.png.bbf6239c74efe2a0ce445b7d46fc318d.png