Which version Steam or regular DCS?

SkipCarey

I'm gonna put two Steam advantages and two standalone advantages.

Steam:

1) Downloads speed are better on Steam, regardless of where you live. Dunno if standalone servers got better, but the download speeds used to be dreadful, especially during release and update days.

2) On Steam is that you don't get limited activations for modules because they use Steam DRM - at least on newer modules.

Standalone:

1) Almost every weekend there is some kind of sale going on and sometimes even bundles.

2) You can keep multiple game installations.

¬ wedge

Wishlist: DCS: F-16C

wedgeDCS - Modern Custom CSS themes for the Forum

2) On Steam is that you don't get limited activations for modules because they use Steam DRM - at least on newer modules.

That is interesting. I have bought the Ka-50 on Steam. After the first activiation it said 11 activations remaining. Does that mean I have to buy this module again, when I use too many activations? :huh:

That is interesting. I have bought the Ka-50 on Steam. After the first activiation it said 11 activations remaining. Does that mean I have to buy this module again, when I use too many activations? :huh:

If possible, de-activate the module in case you re-install Windows or in situations like that.

But if you run out of activations, you will get a new one after 30 days (but only one; new activations do not stack).

Edit:

This is not specific to the Steam version, but to any StarForce module (Steam or stand-alone).

Edited by Seb71

It seems like the Steam version is now worth more than the standalone version.

You may also only transfer from Steam to Standalone, Standalone to Steam transfer is not available.

Please note that the transferred products will now be available in your Standalone install and also remain available in your Steam Version.

https://steamcommunity.com/games/223750/announcements/detail/1706202272929081700