DCS: Christen Eagle II now available for pre-purchase!

Hiromachi

You need to go to the e-shop portion of the site:

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/shop/modules/christen_eagle/

Thank you done. :thumbup: :D

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Me too, not cause I want it.. but only because I want my MiG back...so I’ll support the devs who can help :)

by showing them that you will buy a plane that you dont want?

the correct way would be vote with your money and DONT buy anything from them until they fix the MiG

Edited by Nero.ger

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

by showing them that you will buy a plane that you dont want?

the correct way would be vote with your money and DONT buy anything from them until they fix the MiG

What happens when they go out of business? There’s a lot of planes in DCS I don’t want, but they’re aren’t a whole lot of developers for flight sims left. So rather then be a ‘customer’ about it. I’m gonna do my part to support the people that may eventually be able get the things I do want in the sim.

That’s my thoughts on it, but your free to have your own viewpoint.

Edited by Wizard_03
  • Like 1

DCS F/A-18C :sorcerer:

During the VFAT and in the yak52 as well I noticed while ago a weird sound footprint with the aircraft in the distance. Yak52 sounded like a jet. Is It being worked out or anyone from devs got any clues about the CE2 ?

You're in the wrong forum, bucko. Yak complaints are down the hall on the left in the big yurt.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I know that. I Just wanted to know if the CE 2 might have the same audio footprint or not as It Is a prop plane as the yak52. Cheerio.

It's not out yet so we don't know, even so that doesn't seem right for me in MP scenarios sounded okay. :)

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Ok fair enough. Secondly i do not know how many of you are flying in VR , but, given the relative immature resolution of our HMDs, can the devs shed some light on how good the instrument panel Can Be seen from the pilot seat with Oculus / vive / odyssey ? This Is something to think about.

Flight Model is Everything

It looks pretty, seems well laid out. Multi-Player is definitely a huge plus.

My interest will be set in the flight model. An iffy-flight model on a pretty plane just won't do.

I'm very much looking forward to the reviews by RL pilots regarding the behavior and responses. There are several high time RL Aerobatic pilots around DCS who can give keen insight as to the behavior relative to RL and simulation. Which isn't the same as the numbers matching the performance specs.

My continued disappointment with the Eagle Dynamics produced prop plane flight models, especially the P-51D and Yak, makes me a skeptic from experience. RL pilots continue to bemoan the mess the current Mustang and Yak flight models are, yet no real change in either has occurred in DCS.

I'm very hopeful this team is capable of a much better product! Given the MiG 21 I do expect this team can produce a better product than we've gotten from the DCS team in prop planes.

My Perspective:

I will pay more for a more accurate flight model rather than pay less for a sooner available less capable product. Hence, not a pre-purchase for me - let's see the product shine!!!

(1AF) "THUD" | 55th FS

Joint Task Force 1 | Discord

Great news and a definite purchase for me! Hope to see other aerobatic aircraft in the future such as an Extra 330 and Sukhoi Su-26.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

Guys, I mean no offense, just trying to be clear. I've watched the trailer and I can't see what people are so excited about. The graphics of the inside of the cockpit are so poor they reminded me of freeware models of the MS Flight Simlulator 2004 era. Good enough for that time, but not in 2019...

Now, I understand the trailer won't let me assess things like flight dynamics, but, let's put it straight, every content creator has claimed their FD to be a pinnacle which it not always turned to be. And the infamous example is the Yak-52 released not long ago which, besides that, has many issues with systems and instruments that developers are not hurrying to correct.

The trailer of the Eagle, besides the fact that it's poorly directed and cut, brought to me a complete disappointment. And you're asking $23.99 for the pre-release, saying it's by 20% lower than the final price... So it's going to be $30? Seriously? And you're asking this for the aircraft which has never been really popular even in civilian sims!

You here want Extras and other stuff, which is cool by itself, but aren't those aircraft available for other sims already? I am not hostile to civilian sims per se, but the point is, in the beginning DCS was so cool for its idea of modern aerial combat, and there are heaps of aircraft there that are left untouched. There are all the MiGs (17, 19, 23, 25, 27), Il-28, Su-7, Su-24, F-100, F-104, F-105, F-111, F-4, Tornado, Jaguar, A-4, A-7, heaps of helicopters. And that's just to name a few. But thanks to efforts of teams like this DCS is led into being yet another civilian sim. And far not the best I should say.

Edited by ilya1502

I wish my cockpits looked like that back in the MS FS 2004 era:

lte045.png

MDmf76.png

FxGMYq.png

lfFp0h.png

CBj2cN.png

GxhKBM.png

As for flight dynamics and flight model. I've reached to our tester and actual CE2 pilot to write a post, once we complete testing of the FM and make sure everything is as he experiences it, about his feelings and impressions of the FM. I know this is the single most important thing you guys are expressing your concerns, so we're doing everything possible to deliver best. And you will get comment on that from actual pilot.

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

lte045.png

MDmf76.png

FxGMYq.png

lfFp0h.png

CBj2cN.png

GxhKBM.png

As for flight dynamics and flight model. I've reached to our tester and actual CE2 pilot to write a post, once we complete testing of the FM and make sure everything is as he experiences it, about his feelings and impressions of the FM. I know this is the single most important thing you guys are expressing your concerns, so we're doing everything possible to deliver best. And you will get comment on that from actual pilot.

Disgusting Garmin G1000 module when :megalol::lol:

For now lets focus on CE2 and later F4U-1d ;)

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

I can't say for sure which planes you flew back then, but for me this cockpit graphics is not even close to the 2019 standards. I'm looking at your screenshots and I just can't help seeing how flat the main panel is and how cartoonish is the rest.

As for flight dynamics and flight model. I've reached to our tester and actual CE2 pilot to write a post, once we complete testing of the FM and make sure everything is as he experiences it, about his feelings and impressions of the FM.

Sir, I appreciate your devotion, but I've been involved in professional flight simulation (that is, commercial full flight simulators) testing for 10 years by now, and I can tell you that "feelings and impressions" of a person, whether they are a tester or a real pilot, is the least reliable proof for flight dynamics modelling. I've got tons of situations when I had one pilot saying that the sim was flying absolutely like the real thing and then another one who was saying 10 minutes later that the sim wasn't even close. So I personally wouldn't consider this approach as a mark of high quality. Subjective evaluation has its place, although small, but only objective data can be the primary proof. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't expect a model for $30 to be of a commercial FFS level, but at the same time I've been modelling FD for different flight sim games since 1998 and I know you can't just rely on one persons impressions, however a good pilot they are, if you want to make a good thing.