VEAO & Hawk discussion (please mind the forum rules)

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He didn't misunderstand you. They can't. DCS Is not a true sandbox system. It's more integrated than we thought.

They need the dev to compiler their module together with a major updates. If the dev doesn't do it and ED doesn't have the source code, they just can't put it there.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G965F mit Tapatalk

Sorry missed your post, still would it hurt for ED to just re-enable it, and try it?

You two, just get a room already! ;)

Personally, when buying into any pre-purchase product, it is always with the understanding that I might end up with nothing.

If this is ever not acceptable to me, I just don't buy.

With the Hawk, I bought it in Jan 2015, have hardly ever used it, have never been too impressed with it. For me, this is just a case of sh1t happens.

Still, people have put money down, and they are quite entitled to complain, since they have not received a finished product.

To go off on a tangent, I pre-purchased the F-18 when the DCS engine could still do MSAA without FPS going down the toilet. When the F-18 arrived, forward rendering was removed, and my FPS were cut in half. I was very annoyed about that. Result? I'll never pre-purchase anything from ED again.

It is fine that people complaints and express frustration here. I don't mind that. What bothers me is that they are asking a small company like ED with limited resources to finance the failure of an other company so they get back a few bucks or that they feel well treated like this guy.

If you are in the mentality of asking for refunds and bonus points, just don't pretend that you support the ED and the devs and stop buying early access.

I have been with ED as a customers since Su 27 Flanker days and until the Yak I have bought everything in the DCS universe. My attitude to 3rd Party Developers has always been to buy at pre release in an effort to support diverse development, give them my money to encourage them. I estimated about $320 of my money paid out on modules alone.

The VEAO situation makes me feel uneasy that because of a change in a 3rd party's fortune I could potentially lose modules that not only have I spent money on but perhaps more importantly spent a great deal of time on them.

I welcome the attempts by ED to reduce this risk in the future and hope for more developents in this area in the new year. I really hope that something can be worked out so the we the enthusiastic, loyal customers don't lose out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TrubshawRN -=SHREK 94=-

Code incompatibility and Surely Legal Issues, the ED VEAO agreement has been broken.

You say it's not compatible, but if you copy the Hawk folder into your user mods folder, it's there, and you can use it as an AI if you add it in the mission editor.

You just can't fly it.

So no, not buying that.

Edited by Cap'n kamikaze
Try it, copy it across, and then fire up DCS 2.5.4 and look at the bottom of the screen, it's there, it's also there in the mission editor, you can select it, and place it, and it runs.

You just can't fly it even if you select "pilot".

You didn't prove anything. Flying an object with a hawk 3D model is not like flying the module with systems working.

The point is' date=' it doesn't crash DCS, so why not leave it in, and let us see?[/quote']I didn't say it crashes DCS. But why have it there if is not flyable? It's just a waste of space on a disk, and only frustration those who click on it and see they can't fly it.

It's acting like a module where you don't have a key for it, so I suspect that is why it won't let us fly it, so why not re-enable the module, and if it works great, if some or even all systems don't work then ok, fine I can accept that.

But if it has been removed "just in case", as I am now suspecting, then that's not really the way to do things.

If at some point it being there causes DCS to crash, THEN remove it.

It's acting like a module where you don't have a key for it, so I suspect that is why it won't let us fly it, so why not re-enable the module, and if it works great, if some or even all systems don't work then ok, fine I can accept that.

But if it has been removed "just in case", as I am now suspecting, then that's not really the way to do things.

First, I don't see a reason for them to lie about that. They say it wouldn't work and I tend to believe if I see no reason to lie.

Second, even if it is still compatible with 2.5.4 it surely won't be compatible in the future, dead now or dead in 2 months, what difference does it make to you?

Yes it's only a handful of gripers and they will hammer the same message over and over again. No variation, just repetitive gripes... getting real tedious and we all know the culprits. How about telling them to STFU, get out more, see the world, go to parties have a few shandy's and take the medication :) I suggest closing the thread and closing the forum and re-open a new one with 'VEAO' removed from the title.

Mizzy

You know what's funny.

Some users have had legitimate concerns and remarks about how a company treated their customers in a specific case. Period. It might be a handful here, but here is not a reflection of what all customers think. Be sure of that.

Others have been insulting and trashing others because they don't agree... and have been calling them names repeatedly.

How about YOU take your own advice ?

Edited by FZG_Immel

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

It is fine that people complaints and express frustration here. I don't mind that. What bothers me is that they are asking a small company like ED with limited resources to finance the failure of an other company so they get back a few bucks or that they feel well treated like this guy.

If you are in the mentality of asking for refunds and bonus points, just don't pretend that you support the ED and the devs and stop buying early access.

Oh come on. Here you go again with your lies.

Few people supports ED more than I do. I buy all their modules even those I know I won't be using. I also gift modules. I also talk about this sim positively in a lot of different places.

And because I care about that software and the development of this sim, I have the right to say that the way they treated their customer in this case is sub optimal.

You are here again running your mouth putting words and intent into 0ther people posts, and that is lame.

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

Oh come on. Here you go again with your lies.

Few people supports ED more than I do. I buy all their modules even those I know I won't be using. I also gift modules. I also talk about this sim positively in a lot of different places.

And because I care about that software and the development of this sim, I have the right to say that the way they treated their customer in this case is sub optimal.

You are here again running your mouth putting words and intent into 0ther people posts, and that is lame.

Where was the lie my post?

Where was the lie my post?

First of all that I should stop pretending to support ED. You are claiming that I really don't. Which is just your opinion, and a lie at that.

Second. That I asking them to 'finance' anything/ as I explained earlier, it wouldn't be the case anyway.

You've said it. Over and over. You're one customer out of thousands. ED aren't going to change their mind because of a few people. Let it go.

I know that. And I have not been talking to ED since the last time I thanked Nineline for his answers. I am not trying to make them change their mind in this case either. But as a customer I'd like this things to be addressed better in the future.

I have merely been answering the bullshit arguments, lies, and insults from some posters, and tying to make my position clear and not be distorted by some hill intentioned people.

Edited by FZG_Immel

First of all that I should stop pretending to support ED. You are claiming that I really don't. Which is just your opinion, and a lie at that.

Second. That I asking them to 'finance' anything/ as I explained earlier, it wouldn't be the case anyway.

First, it's not supporting when you ask for kind of refund in return. Bonus points or what ever it is. It is a refund and that s not how people support.

Second, learn to read. I said get back a few bucks OR feel well treated. You pretend to be in the second group. So where is the lie?

To both points, if you are a supporter, you don't ask for money back, bonus points just that you feel well treated as a customer.

Things went South with VEAO, that was already a knife in EDs back, no need that you stir it further.