Grim Reapers Preview Copy

Gunny Highway

Been hearing that Cap didn’t receive the Early Preview Access. If this is true, it’s a shame. Guy makes entertaining videos with about 40k subscribers. His hornet videos were some of the best ones.

Anyways, it’s not like the tomcat needs help selling, just unfortunate.

The videos are entertaining however they are not informative, ralfi, Jabbers, Crash Laobi, redkite all make good and well thought out videos.

If I want to know if I can takeoff with the wings swept, I can do so myself. I don't need the Grim Reapers to show me.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Give the man a break, would you? In case people had not noticed, he has some real life issues at hand, lately.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

i like his videos

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

You have to look at it objectively. He has no right to have the early access despite of health issues etc.

If heatblur decide that he shouldn't have it, then it's so.

Totally misunderstood me. I think he has more important things to care about, at the moment, than playtesting and previewing...

Shagrat

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VPForce Rhino Base & VIRPIL T50 CM2 Stick on 200mm curved extension | VIRPIL T50 CM2 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Thanks for the update. Glad to see your doing well. I remember now last time this year we were both in the hospital, getting our tumors removed. Mine was in the lower left side chest, it just hurts to breathe now but im back to work.

Intel i9-9900K 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080tiftw3, Windows 10, 1tb 970 M2, TM Warthog, 4k 144hz HDR g-sync.

Yep, I was wide of the mark, that makes sense however seems to be churning out the videos still.

mostly they started a campaign as part of keeping him motivated and helping through chemo. Nothing better to distract.

Yet it is different if you feel ok doing it at your own speed, at a time convenient.

I personally wish him to get well, and totally recover. :)

Shagrat

I guess I'm just not as interested in clinical procedure videos, as there will be plenty of time to read the manual and figure stuff out. I just like the videos for entertainment value. A welcome break from guys pretending to be virtual flight instructors/fighter aces.

Please god, forbid GR ever getting hands on this module before EA. They make cringy, joke videos. Their Hornet consisted of "hey look I can fly with wings folded" and "OMG, look at my climb rate!" They even had a series for teaching people about aircraft, even though Cap was being told everything by another person... :doh:

If anything, give it to the ones that will make the impact in the community on if it's worth the buying or not, especially the big ones.

I enjoy their videos. If I want no-nonsense info, I’ll go elsewhere. But I like their laid back jackassery and fun missions. However I’m not sure how whether or not they get a preview copy is anyone’s business outside of Heatblur and Cap?

Yes - very much this. I'ts really not for us to speculate who gets what and why.

And nothing wrong with laid back & not-so-serious approach to things - it's still great stuff for learning the basics & being entertained. Not everyone's cup of tea maybe - but certainly there's room for different varieties of DCS You Tube content?

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

For what it's worth, their videos are the ones that got me back into DCS back in the difficult OPFOR campaigns where blue kept getting creamed by the more serious simmers. I do agree that their stuff is mostly focused on entertainment value more than educational or informational.

Still fun to watch though.

Modules: F-14A/B | F/A-18C | M2000C | AV-8B | Hawk | L-39 | A-10C | C-101 | UH-1 | Normandy | Supercarrier

I enjoy their videos. If I want no-nonsense info, I’ll go elsewhere. But I like their laid back jackassery and fun missions. However I’m not sure how whether or not they get a preview copy is anyone’s business outside of Heatblur and Cap?

Exactly.

Also, good grief, this community sure can be full of toxic elitists. In case you've forgotten, this is a video game. I welcome the change of pace the Grim Reapers provide. No one makes DCS videos at the player turnout scale that they do.

In case you've forgotten, this is a video game.

well remember that even ED itself tells us its a simulation not a game by insiting on stupid visual addons that make life hard on a videoscreen ;)

onTopic:

Dev should just stop trying to hype and just release the module for all people at ones. much less bad blood

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

I guess you are right about this. Concerning their Viggens videos, they were kind of hilarious and certainly entertaining. But ... it was called a tutorial, so I was watching it hoping to learn something, only to find out they were strafing ground targets with the gun in air to air mode ... So, yeah, that was kind of a downer.

Anyway, you are right, it is none of our business (not that that will stop us from having lengthy discussions :smilewink:).