Come'on guys fix the site

I hope it's just a server problem...

Could we have some information I am a little bit anxious I realy hope Eagle Dynamics isn't in troubles!

Lock On and especially Black Shark is, in my opinion, a revolutionary simulator!

I would like to say good luck for the whole dev team!

Hang on, what do you mean "your?" Much as I would like to work for ED, I have no such pleasure. But, as a beta tester and (as of recently) a forum moderator, I thought I'd do a nice thing and provide the information that was asked by the previous poster. Nothing more, nothing less.

- EB

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Nothing is easy. Everything takes much longer.

The Parable of Jane's A-10

Forum Rules

Agreed, I too appreciate the responses we've had from the moderators, but I still can't help but feel a little more anxious when I get the 'page cannot be displayed' screen every day.

At first I thought this was a good thing because of the upcomming announcement, now.....

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

How about making a different page only for back up, just incase something like this happenes again! Doing this will make customers happy and come back for some more!

Just my two cents in!

|Windows 8 64bit|I7-950| |X58Mobo| |1T HDD| |18gigs PC3-16000 TC 2000mhz||Nvidia GTX 660 Ti Graphics||Cougar HOTAS-CHPedals/TIR5ProClip|

The ISP is having difficulties. Apparently, one of their hard drives went bust and they are recovering data.

I'm sorry to say so, but I can imagine that some internet loner would have a problem with a "failing harddisk", but a professional ISP? That is totally beyond belief. They must have mistaken an after-hours internet enthousiast with a professional ISP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thats my point too: "Get the CD-version" isn't an argument really as the download-version was a full cost option I chose. I paid for it so I want to have it working. Can't believe I have to pay twice to get a working software.

EDs main focus should be for that reason to get the resources needed for software activation working again as fast as possible. Everything else is unprofessional as it can be...

Anyways... this was for sure the first and last software I bought as download-version.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Asus ROG STRIX Z390-F Gaming, Intel Core i7 9700k , 32gb Corsair DDR4-3200

Asus RTX 2070 super, Samsung 970 EVO Plus M2, Win10 64bit, Acer XZ321QU (WQHD)

TM HOTAS Warthog, SAITEK Rudder Pedals, TIR 5

Laud, even if you HAD bought the CD version, you'd STILL be screwed. StarForce is an internet-activated protection scheme, and even guys with CDs are having problems. The argument of "You should have bought the CD version" that you have heard is going to be really funny to those who said it...until they end up in a situation where they have to reactivate. ;) Kharma can be a real b***h. :D

Wow, thats even worse...:doh:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

That sites go down is commonplace. That a site goes down because of a hardware-failure for two weeks is a reason to fire someone.

That being said, I do not know the exact problem with ED's ISP. Working in the IT-business myself, I know that being knocked out for two weeks due to something as common as a disk-failure is, to be blunt, utterly idiotic. Single point of Failure-cases, like loosing a coreswitch or one server, is not something that contributes to a good reputation, which again translates into customers. Of course, Murphy's Law is about as big a bitch as Lady Luck is, and problems has a tendency to come in swarms (like the Quad-23mm problem I usually get shot down by in the game (aka Shilka)).

I think the only thing we can do is to whip out the tubes of patience and start rubbing it onto our skin. ED will hopefully have things back up and running soon. Complaining that we as customers deserve better doesn't exactly help much, as I'm sure that they're doing things as fast as they can :smilewink:

But irritating? Yup.

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

Laud, even if you HAD bought the CD version, you'd STILL be screwed. StarForce is an internet-activated protection scheme,

I.K. - What version do you have ? Disk or download ? I have the disk version & loaded it without an internet connection - worked fine. Needed the disk in to play till that changed in whichever patch changed it, but my 'weekly' came around the day before yesterday (while the lockon.ru site was out) & the starforce check went fine. I usually have the modem turned off anyway & the staforce check doesn't need it.

More on topic though - To be out of action this long is an insanely bad look for a business (and it's not the first time this has happened is it ?).

- Assuming they get back online they really need to get another ISP

Cheers.

I've not been playing the game for a long time, but recently I bought a new PC, and I thought I'd start flying again when I could finally run the game properly. But apparently I can't play my game because somewhere something went wrong, and instead of having a backup plan we the customers just can't use our product. Bad business if I ever saw it.

Downtime for a site is usually counted in hours and minutes, not days, and certainly not weeks!

I really wonder how ED could have contracted such an irresponsible ISP, if a hdd failure really is their excuse I'm not sure if I should laugh or cry...

Oh well, we'll see if I have the energy to start flying again when (or if) the game finally works again :(

i7-2600k@4GHz, 8GB, R9 280X 3GB, SSD, HOTAS WH, Pro Flight Combat Pedals, TIR5

The ISP is having difficulties. Apparently, one of their hard drives went bust and they are recovering data.

And they don't have a data backup available on hand ???

Christ, this is the poorest ISP I ever have heard of.....

Well, finally recognizing that data backup is vital doesn't help us and them now.....

kind regards,

Raven....

[sigpic]http://www.crc-mindreader.de/CRT/images/Birds2011.gif[/sigpic]

Starfiorce website is up and running for activations. So If you have a serial you are ok.

Thats the point: The database of LOMAC-keys isn't hosted on the Starforce website. I tried to activate my FC there and only got the message that this serial isn't known to their database.

As I'm not the only one facing these problems, it seems like the activation is running on ED web-ressources.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Weta, did you simply load the game, or did you do a complete reinstallation? I'm pretty sure that the only time the internet connection is required is when you first install the game. After that, I don't think its needed anymore.

I have the CD version and there is no activation what so ever. You only have a once a week CD checker and that's it. I have LO:FC installed on two systems in my house from the same CD and I have never needed to activate anything.

Cozmo.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Minimum effort, maximum satisfaction.

CDDS Tutorial Version 3. | Main Screen Mods.