[REQUEST] Has there ever been a bare metal Mig-29

Burning Bridges

This may be a request for ahistoric skin, but I always loved bare metal. It's so Soviet and would sure look fantastic on the MiG-29

The first step would of course be an image of such a plane, but so far I couldn't find it

I can remember seeing photos in an East German aircraft magazine (that was still before the wall came down) and they looked very different and 70s like. There was speculation of the new type just as in the West, of course the pictures were 5-10 year old but that created even more the impression of a typical, 70s Soviet jet fighter.

I hope it's clear what I am talking about. If not, I've fallen head over heels in love with the 29 and would love to fly a very early prototype in a metal skin (like MiG 15-19-21) and would not mind if it is somewhat ahistoric.

I found images of prototypes or test aircraft and a german MiG-29 in the hangar while being maintained which shows a lot metal/unpainted parts.

My skin will be similar to the MiG-15, 19 and 21 metal skins.

I will post some progress later this day.

Edited by Texac

"historically not implausible"

Let's say this MiG is covered in silver paint to make it look like the Soviet fighters of the 1960s.

The planes are not made entirely from metal, but this is a topic by itself.

these are more modern variants so we still dont know for certain how they would have looked like

http://www.aame.in/2011/07/indian-navy-air-force-mig-29-aircrafts.html

20110727-Indian-Navy-MiG-29-K-MiG-29%25255B5%25255D.jpg?imgmax=800

20110727-Indian-Navy-MiG-29-K-MiG-29%25255B31%25255D.jpg

I fly it :D gives me 70s vibes

Thanks a lot Texac!

I also tried to give some instructions on the download page, because some people may not know how to use the files. For example it was not stated that it's for Mig-29A.

Glad you enjoy it! Thanks! :)

It is filtered for the MiG-29A only though, while there are plenty of guides, forums posts, etc. on how to install skins.