DCS and Odyssey+ cross-eyed!!

sandman330

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well tried it, had no idea i was having this issue. My eyes must have just adjusted. No wonder my eyes always felt tired. Mirroring the left was really nice for me.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Thx for the tool! It really helps alot! Cannot say right now if it gets all crossing out! It is hard to tell as we are used to crossing. In quick glance it sorts things out. Need time to investigate deeper, but certanly much improvement!

Thx for the tool! It really helps alot! Cannot say right now if it gets all crossing out! It is hard to tell as we are used to crossing. In quick glance it sorts things out. Need time to investigate deeper, but certanly much improvement!

I can tell it is still slightly off.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

I can tell it is still slightly off.

Same here. It's way better but still seems a little off.... I think. I also wonder if FOV has anything to do with it. Rift is at 90 right? Odyssey at 110 but DCS says 80. But then it seems like everyone would have the problem.

Anyway, this tool helps a lot.

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

Same here. It's way better but still seems a little off.... I think. I also wonder if FOV has anything to do with it. Rift is at 90 right? Odyssey at 110 but DCS says 80. But then it seems like everyone would have the problem.

Anyway, this tool helps a lot.

Yeah, its better. I guess time will work it out as Alex gets closer.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

I need volunteers for further investigation

any feedback is usefull .

Alex, your software transformed my Odyssey DCS experience from rubbish to acceptable, thank you!

I was wondering, if you can add an option to set the convergence; where they focal point of the two eyes converges.

The new software allow me to properly align the eyes vertically, but I'm wondering if some of the issue comes from the focal point being wrong?

Do you have control over this and can expose a slider to adjust the value?

Edited by desmoduke

I didnt feel cross eyed in DCS in odyssey+, but compared to the other vr apps my eyes feel tired. Can anyone give a hint for me how do you check and remove misalignment? Many thanks in advance!

Отправлено с моего SM-A520F через Tapatalk

Use the files that Alex posted in this thread, then click on the align left and it will be set and your eyes wont get tired.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

in 2.5.4.27314 this tool window will appears for all users of Odyssey headsets ' date=' also added ability to save you setting in to the file to do not bother you next launch[/quote']

:thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Thanks Alex, i saved the setting for the menu - I pressed save and close, but in the cockpit the picture was crossed again. How do I call the settings window to set the image for the cockpit?

Edited by 13WELT_JankeS

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

Now it works well - thanks Alex! If someone wanted to change something after pressing SAVE, he must exit DCS delete the file "Samsung Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua" in SAVED GAMES \ DCS folder and restart.

i7-8700K, Z370, 32GB DDR4-3000MHz, RTX 2080 Ti, FSSB R3L, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pro pedals, 2x MFD's, Windows 10 Pro, HP Reverb

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-15C, AV-8B, M2000C, F-5E, A-10C, AJS-37, Su-27, Su-33, MiG-21bis, MiG-29, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 K-4, SA342, UH-1H

If someone wanted to change something after pressing SAVE, he must exit DCS delete the file "Samsung Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua" in SAVED GAMES \ DCS folder and restart.

Ah, thank you. I was about to ask that very question.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 2 weeks later...

Just got the +. DCS brought up the app by its self and if I tell it to use left eye it seems to work fine. When I take the headset off, it does feel weird. I dont get that with other games. I feel like Alex has this fixed to the point where I eyes can adjust, but still not quite right.

Maybe ED should pull in a doctor or somebody that may be able to tell exactly whats happening. I suspect this is purely Alex just needs to find the right combination of slider settings in his app to make this perfect, I do not believe this is a hardware issue. So far pretty cool, and I am willing to sacrifice a few mins of weird eye stuff to fly in a f-18, but Alex, please don't stop looking into this issue, its not quite fixed yet. Thanks!

Copy from left to right or vice versa helps but not completely.

Experimentally I found that vertical misalignment is gone entirely when I swap top bottom values. L_TOP goet to R_TOP, and R_TOP goes to L_TOP. Same for L_BTM R_BTM.

Alex, could you make sliders more precise, so we can enter exact values for swapping?

Here is example of my settings.

attachment.php?attachmentid=203611&stc=1&d=1549056988

No misalignment

swapped values:

attachment.php?attachmentid=203612&stc=1&d=1549056988

Best 1:

attachment.php?attachmentid=203613&stc=1&d=1549056988

Best 2:

attachment.php?attachmentid=203614&stc=1&d=1549056988

Edit:

It seems that if I swap all left/right values (OUT, IN, TOP, BTM), then it solves misalignment for me completely.

Need to experiment more with OUT, IN settings in order to adjust convergence distance of projections.

Ability to lock OUT, IN or TOP, BTM sliders would be helpful in order to keep aspect ratio constant.

Apparently, you can workaround slider precision issue. You can drag border between left/right settings and enter value you want if you play around with sliders and border position.

Sounds like you fixed it entirely. Can you post one screenshot, after all your settings are set to what you say fixed it completely for you? Would like to copy what you have and see if it works on mine as well.

Sounds like you fixed it entirely. Can you post one screenshot, after all your settings are set to what you say fixed it completely for you? Would like to copy what you have and see if it works on mine as well.

I am curious about this as well.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

HI

How can i bring back the OPEN_VR DEBUG menu?

I clicked SAVE and CLOSE right after i made some modifications.

Thanks.

go to your Saves Games folder > DCS Open Beta>

In there, there is a file name that starts with Samsung. Delete it. Launch DCS and you can adjust away.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

My final settings from Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua

EYE_LEFT = {

L_OUT =1.239822,

L_IN =1.045044,

L_TOP =1.419550,

L_BTM =1.431158,

}

EYE_RGHT = {

R_OUT =1.237106,

R_IN =1.043276,

R_TOP =1.439004,

R_BTM =1.414056,

}

Just swappled data for EYE_LEFT and EYE_RGHT in the file.

Direct copy of my settings will not work for you. You need to swap your numbers.

My data before modification

EYE_LEFT = {

L_OUT =1.237106,

L_IN =1.043276,

L_TOP =1.439004,

L_BTM =1.414056,

}

EYE_RGHT = {

R_OUT =1.239822,

R_IN =1.045044,

R_TOP =1.419550,

R_BTM =1.431158,

}

Here is how i saved my default settings in file:

1. In the vr debug tool press reset projections, then move any slider for left eye and press save.

In Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua file you will get unmodified data for right eye;

2. rename Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua to something;

3. Open DCS. In the vr debug tool press reset projections, then move any slider for right eye and press save.

In the file you will get unmodified data for left eye;

4. combine data from two files (swap numbers for EYE_LEFT and EYE_RGHT).

Here is how i saved my default settings in file:

1. In the vr debug tool press reset projections, then move any slider for left eye and press save.

In Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua file you will get unmodified data for right eye;

2. rename Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua to something;

3. Open DCS. In the vr debug tool press reset projections, then move any slider for right eye and press save.

In the file you will get unmodified data for left eye;

4. combine data from two files (swap numbers for EYE_LEFT and EYE_RGHT).

used your trick!

i think it's much better but not perfect yet!

Wonder how to refine the work...

my settings

EYE_LEFT = {

R_OUT =1.233961,

R_IN =1.045632,

R_TOP =1.422104,

R_BTM =1.431400,

}

EYE_RGHT = {

L_OUT =1.229862,

L_IN =1.044024,

L_TOP =1.423010,

L_BTM =1.418193,

}

AMD 5800 x3d Ekwb liquid cooled - 32 GB 2 x 16 GB DDR4 3600 MHz G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3600C14D-32GTZ - rtx 3080 Asus Ekwb liquid cooled - Asus Dark Hero X570 - M2 Nvme 1tb 980 pro - M2 Nvme 1tb 970 evo - some other HD

Reverb G2 VR headset  + Leap motion hand controller 

VKB Gunfighter Mk.III ‘Modern Combat Edition’ Ultimate - Extended + Custom made Speed "bugfeedback" stiffening joystick with arduino and DCS Bios - Trhustmaster Wharthog throttle -MFG Crosswinf pedals -Simshaker controling a Jetseat and 2 bassshakers