DCS and Odyssey+ cross-eyed!!

sandman330

I had seen this thread and as I am 85% blind in my left eye I thought it did not apply to me. I saw the dialog pop up last week and I saw no difference between synchronize on left or right eye. I went back in today and played with the sliders for the right eye and I could see a improvement at a certain setting. So I flew and it looks clearly better. It is great, VR make sure it so much better.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello all!

I am still facing the issue on stable, so suppose it is not fully fixed yet: I use the Odyssey+, using the copy from Left to Right seems to fix the pb a bit but I still face eye pain (on the right eye) after 30min and when I remove the headset I feel really weird for 10min

I tried the swap left to right eye settings but it was even worse, so I may not have fully understood how I should do...

I didnt have that with the Oculus before, i took the Odyssey+ specifically for DCS as the display is so much better and I can now spot things, but the cross-eye issue on the Odyssey+ is a killer and I am afraid on my own health :(

Any other tip? :(

EDIT/ Really facing strong eye pain after using DCS with Odyssey+, I will stop for now waiting for official advisory

Edited by Gneu06

Quick question - are we meant to reapply this Visualizer.dll each time after a patch/update or will the open beta use the .lua settings file for the Odyssey already there?

should use the settings from the Samsung file.

Strike

USLANTCOM.com

stepped_with_391_new_small.png

i7-9700K OC 5GHz| MSI MPG Z390 GAMING PRO CARBON | 32GB DDR4 3200 | GTX 3090 | Samsung SSD | HP Reverb G2 | VIRPIL Alpha | VIRPIL Blackhawk | HOTAS Warthog

Inverting Left and Right give better results but still strong eye strain faced :(

Same here. Hoping for a fix.

For me, if I lower the L_OUT and R_OUT about .02 it seems to help but its not perfect. :blink:

Edited by WARonWAR

Intel i7-8700k, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 32 GB Ram, Oculus Rift, Odyssey+, HP Reverb.

My final settings from Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua

EYE_LEFT = {

L_OUT =1.239822,

L_IN =1.045044,

L_TOP =1.419550,

L_BTM =1.431158,

}

EYE_RGHT = {

R_OUT =1.237106,

R_IN =1.043276,

R_TOP =1.439004,

R_BTM =1.414056,

}

Just swappled data for EYE_LEFT and EYE_RGHT in the file.

Direct copy of my settings will not work for you. You need to swap your numbers.

My data before modification

EYE_LEFT = {

L_OUT =1.237106,

L_IN =1.043276,

L_TOP =1.439004,

L_BTM =1.414056,

}

EYE_RGHT = {

R_OUT =1.239822,

R_IN =1.045044,

R_TOP =1.419550,

R_BTM =1.431158,

}

Here is how i saved my default settings in file:

1. In the vr debug tool press reset projections, then move any slider for left eye and press save.

In Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua file you will get unmodified data for right eye;

2. rename Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua to something;

3. Open DCS. In the vr debug tool press reset projections, then move any slider for right eye and press save.

In the file you will get unmodified data for left eye;

4. combine data from two files (swap numbers for EYE_LEFT and EYE_RGHT).

How did you combine the data,by adjusting the sliders to a certain value or by copying with Notepad++ the generated values from lua files?

Example on step 2 we have a file renamed "something" for example with some values in it.

on step 4 i copy the values from "something" file into the final lua file?

Thanks.Much appreciated for your effort.

How did you combine the data,by adjusting the sliders to a certain value or by copying with Notepad++ the generated values from lua files?

Example on step 2 we have a file renamed "something" for example with some values in it.

on step 4 i copy the values from "something" file into the final lua file?

Thanks.Much appreciated for your effort.

After step 3, there are two files (renamed file and file with last save).

I combined the data from two files into new file (copy of the last save) in notepad++. Copy/pasted numbers from block EYE_RGHT of the first file into block EYE_LEFT of the new file. Then copy/pasted numbers from block EYE_LEFT of the second file into block EYE_RGHT of the new file.

If you dont want to mess with files, you can just swap values with sliders, however values will be rounded. It's not critical. You probably won't notice the difference.

With this method i just wanted to swap exact default values.

Any new developments on this?

Like many people- I bought the O+ when it went on sale (coming from the Oculus). While the screen door effect is all but gone and gauges are easier to read, I can't completely get rid of the cross eyed feeling it gives me. It really takes me a minute to get my bearings when taking the headset off. Looking forward to a permanent fix!

Intel i7-8700k, Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti, 32 GB Ram, Oculus Rift, Odyssey+, HP Reverb.

I think that's just partially a side effect of the VR, some people worse than others. I always felt it a bit if I played too long especially. I believe you can adjust the position of the lens, they're same as prescription lenses in that being off a little bit can induce headaches, etc :p Also if you're doing marathon sessions try to limit how long you wear it at any one time taking frequent breaks, etc.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I think that's just partially a side effect of the VR, some people worse than others. I always felt it a bit if I played too long especially. I believe you can adjust the position of the lens, they're same as prescription lenses in that being off a little bit can induce headaches, etc :p Also if you're doing marathon sessions try to limit how long you wear it at any one time taking frequent breaks, etc.

Thanks for the reply Zhukov! But I'm not sure if that's my issue. I've never had the motion sickness that some people experience and have never had the cross eyed thing with the Rift. While I haven't used my Odyssey+ for much other than DCS, the few other games I have tried do not have this issue. It seems exclusive to DCS and maybe a few other games (I believe some iracing users are reporting similar things). Your point about marathon sessions is a good one but my sessions are very short right now- most of my time is spent building my hornet pit (not actually flying).

• 4 weeks later...

Hello ! Who knows please tell me how to turn on the eye correction window: "OPENVR: DEBUG". With respect

461157828___1.thumb.jpg.8eb84323d6eef1ae785b9eae550479f1.jpg

СПРОСИТЬ-СТЫДНО НА МИНУТУ. А НЕ ЗНАТЬ-СТЫД НА ВСЮ ЖИЗНЬ ( японская мудрость) ВК: https://vk.com/id70538244 FB:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001835295531

Cooler Master Storm Trooper; ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula; Intel Core i7-4790K; Memory 16 Gb (2x8Gb) RAM; SSD 256 Gb; HDD 1 Tb; ASUS nVidia GF RTX 2080,ROG-STRIX O8G GAMING,; W10x64pro; BRD-N(v.4,5) Stork + HOTAS Warthog Dual Throttles + BRD-F2 Restyling Ме-109; MFD Cougar Pack; TrackiR 5; BENQBL3200PT;HMD Odissey+;

Hello ! Who knows please tell me how to turn on the eye correction window: "OPENVR: DEBUG". With respect

in your Saved Games/DCS directory you will see a field with Odyssey in the name and the extension lua. delete or rename the file and the next time you start DCS the window will pop up again.

AMD RYZEN 7 2700 / 32GB / RTX2070 / 500GB M.2 with Windows and DCS / 2 - 500GB SSD / Rift S/ TM Warthog with F18 stick and Virpil WarBRD / Foxx Mounts/ MFG Crosswind rudders + 3 MFD's | Now enjoying VR with PointCTRL controllers + Gamematrix JetSeat

in your Saved Games/DCS directory you will see a field with Odyssey in the name and the extension lua. delete or rename the file and the next time you start DCS the window will pop up again.
Thanks for Attention and the Answer! I have a Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZB.lua file. I will try to delete or rename it. With respect

СПРОСИТЬ-СТЫДНО НА МИНУТУ. А НЕ ЗНАТЬ-СТЫД НА ВСЮ ЖИЗНЬ ( японская мудрость) ВК: https://vk.com/id70538244 FB:https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001835295531

Cooler Master Storm Trooper; ASUS ROG Maximus VII Formula; Intel Core i7-4790K; Memory 16 Gb (2x8Gb) RAM; SSD 256 Gb; HDD 1 Tb; ASUS nVidia GF RTX 2080,ROG-STRIX O8G GAMING,; W10x64pro; BRD-N(v.4,5) Stork + HOTAS Warthog Dual Throttles + BRD-F2 Restyling Ме-109; MFD Cougar Pack; TrackiR 5; BENQBL3200PT;HMD Odissey+;

Here is how i saved my default settings in file:

1. In the vr debug tool press reset projections, then move any slider for left eye and press save.

In Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua file you will get unmodified data for right eye;

2. rename Samsung Windows Mixed Reality 800ZBA.lua to something;

3. Open DCS. In the vr debug tool press reset projections, then move any slider for right eye and press save.

In the file you will get unmodified data for left eye;

4. combine data from two files (swap numbers for EYE_LEFT and EYE_RGHT).

Hi guys ! Very interesting and useful forum! :thumbup: Thank you all for your examples and methods of vision correction! You did a great and useful job! Have questions: 1). Dear Sparkam (personal thanks for the work) wrote "4. combine data from two files (swap numbers for EYE_LEFT and EYE_RGHT)". What does "... combine data from two files ..." mean? Set the average value? My only difference is "... R_BTM = 1.429793, R_BTM = 1.421000, ...". Choose mean value? I work in Notepad ++ and it's easy for me. 2). I have Odyssey +. My vision is +1.5, farsightedness, I see well far, near bad. I would be glad if anyone has such a vision as I shared my settings for the eyes for comparison. Sorry for my English, I am writing through a translator. With respect and wish good luck to all pilots:bye_2:

Friends ! Here are my settings: EYE_LEFT = {

L_OUT =1.238638,

L_IN =1.045196,

L_TOP =1.428740,

L_BTM =1.431502,

}

EYE_RGHT = {

R_OUT =1.223906,

R_IN =1.054174,

R_TOP =1.417950,

R_BTM =1.425396,

It may be useful. Distant textures blur a little. How to fix it ?:doh:

Hi, you don't need to calculate average values. Just copy/paste values as explained here.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3843193&postcount=109

Thank you for your attention and response. I'll try.:book:

• 1 month later...

odd....I'm using the Odyssesy but didn't notice anything wrong. tried using left eye setting and noticed no difference either...looked in the mirror and confirmed i've got no cross eye problem. Hope it works out for those who do.

I own the Odyssey + since launch and never had this problem. Today I updated to W10 1903 version and get this eye misalignment bug. I also lost the possibility to use the 60hz mode without losing FOV and the image seems worst than before.

Revert the W10 to 1809 version and all the problems disappear.

I own the Odyssey + since launch and never had this problem. Today I updated to W10 1903 version and get this eye misalignment bug. I also lost the possibility to use the 60hz mode without losing FOV and the image seems worst than before.

Revert the W10 to 1809 version and all the problems disappear.

Interesting.

From the onset when I had windows 1809, the misalignment debug window always comes up. I updated to win 1903, it still does.

I never took cognizance of this misalignment window. I would just close it and continue.

I normally have set my ipd on the headset scroll knob.

I am still too taken away by the experience to notice anything.

Am I to manipulate the figures there to get better alignment?

I was sick for the first 2day of using my odyssey + but I have felt better using the headset. No nausea anymore.

I do noticed some distortion when I look at somebody face from a distance. Is this the crossed-eye effect. I just felt I maybe have some astigmatism.

Thoughts and clarification please on the misalignment window

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Interesting.

From the onset when I had windows 1809, the misalignment debug window always comes up. I updated to win 1903, it still does.

I never took cognizance of this misalignment window. I would just close it and continue.

I normally have set my ipd on the headset scroll knob.

I am still too taken away by the experience to notice anything.

Am I to manipulate the figures there to get better alignment?

I was sick for the first 2day of using my odyssey + but I have felt better using the headset. No nausea anymore.

I do noticed some distortion when I look at somebody face from a distance. Is this the crossed-eye effect. I just felt I maybe have some astigmatism.

Thoughts and clarification please on the misalignment window

That window opens all the times until you click save and close. And the misalignment is very evident you simply can't use dcs with it, so for your words you're not suffering it. Don't worry and enjoy.

That window opens all the times until you click save and close. And the misalignment is very evident you simply can't use dcs with it, so for your words you're not suffering it. Don't worry and enjoy.
Thanks S-Great.

I was reading through this thread and saw developer acknowledge this misalignment problem and were working with Eagle dynamic developer to resolve this in their release patch. It looks like it hasn't been fixed

I saw fellows commenting it did not happen in open beta 2.5.4.

I do hope this is one of the fixes from VR optimization patch very much awaited from Ed.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset