FUBAR

mikethemadmonk

Mouse does not work in Oculus Home, Touch Controllers do.

Oculus Home will typically start up shortly after putting headset on.

Start DCS from your desktop shortcut.

Be sure and have " allow third party software, or unknow sources" checked in the Rift's settings ( from the desktop Oculus software).

Also be sure and go the UI layer in the DCS controller menu ( down at the bottom of the module listing), and assign both VR-Re-center and VR Zoom to buttons on your HOTAS.

Then brace yourself.

:smilewink:

Edited by dburne

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

..and of course set DCS to recognise a VR headset :)

Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.5GHz. Asus-Z170-PRO MB

CORSAIR H105 HYDRO CPU COOLER.

EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3 Elite.

16GB DDR4 2666MHZ HYPERX SAVAGE.

SAMSUNG M.2 SSD 128GB SM951 Boot Drive.

SAMSUNG SSD 500GB EVO Working Drive.

Windows 10 Professional

Thanks all. deburne, when I click settings in the Rift ,the following doesn't show. "allow third party software, or unknow sources" checked in the Rift's settings ( from the desktop Oculus software).

Should be under 'settings/general'

First item in the list - Unknown Sources

Edited by Lensman

Windows 10 Professional

Yes, there it was.Thanks again.

Update, I got the game to start, however, I was in a hanger with an F-15 but the actual game screen was behind me?

I need a lot of help!!!

Recenter the headset. I think it is 5 on the keypad by default?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Recenter the headset. I think it is 5 on the keypad by default?

Much easier to assign to a button, no reaching for a keypad number with headset on.

Assign both VR Re-center and VR Zoom to buttons on HOTAS as I suggested earlier.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Also, make sure you're sitting where you will be playing DCS before starting DCS. The VR view in DCS centers on where you're looking when you start the game. I unsually sit down with the headset on, push it up just long enough to see what I'm clicking on on the desktop screen, then quickly pull the headset back over my eyes while DCS loads. That should get you somewhere close, then you can use you re-center key/button to fine-tune it.

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

Oh my God! It's making me feel sick. Absolutely incredible! I tried sitting facing the screen but sometimes I am side ways in the cockpit. How do I adjust the view?

Assign VR Re-Center in the UI layer of your controller setup menu, to a button on HOTAS.

Don B

What dburne says above..this is most important and will make the whole experience more convenient. You'll be using it every time you get in the cockpit.

Windows 10 Professional

Yeah. You can also press the Oculus button on the right controller and recenter from the oculus environment. Extra steps but more likely to get you centered correctly in the cockpit if you get discombobulated.

Ryzen 5600X (stock), GBX570, 32Gb RAM, AMD 6900XT (reference), G2, WInwing Orion HOTAS, T-flight rudder

Sorry dburne, searched for the VR re- centre and Vr zoom. I couldn't find them. Please elucidate for this 76 year old pilot.

Go into controller setup GUI in DCS.

Click on down arrow by module listings. Scroll all way down past the modules listed.

There you will see the UI Layer.

It is a global setting, not module specific.

So any buttons you assign to UI layer, will be dedicated solely to it.

Don B

OK

Just my Rift in... And wow, great thread, we should probably get a FNG guide tho. Took me a while to get everything actually running in VR, and I'm not sure I can do it again.

But holy cow! Even though it looks "not great" since I have a bare minimum system and can't read MFD's it is damn immersive. Took the harrier for a nice spin n crash landing, and damn...

The UI menu is at the bottom of the plane list under the normal map controls for each plane. Got that mapped.

Quick question tho. When I look at stuff it starts popping up button names periodically. Which is great, is there a way to get a cursor at the center of view and to map mouse clicks to the hotas? Seems like an ok way to interact with the pit?

Another question on the occulus touch controllers. I can use them, and laser beam point n click, but I can only right click, can I map the other click (i.e. I can only work buttons one way, not the other), same question for rotaty knobs?

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Harlikwin, you should have a look at this thread. Helps with VR performance.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3559379&postcount=1

Yup know all about that mod, its been on my reading list since i made the call to get the rift. Thus far it seems to run ok without it on low/medium settings. But i'll keep it mind one I start turning settimgs up. I just mainly want to read the mfds.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

OK

Just my Rift in... And wow, great thread, we should probably get a FNG guide tho. Took me a while to get everything actually running in VR, and I'm not sure I can do it again.

But holy cow! Even though it looks "not great" since I have a bare minimum system and can't read MFD's it is damn immersive. Took the harrier for a nice spin n crash landing, and damn...

The UI menu is at the bottom of the plane list under the normal map controls for each plane. Got that mapped.

Quick question tho. When I look at stuff it starts popping up button names periodically. Which is great, is there a way to get a cursor at the center of view and to map mouse clicks to the hotas? Seems like an ok way to interact with the pit?

Another question on the occulus touch controllers. I can use them, and laser beam point n click, but I can only right click, can I map the other click (i.e. I can only work buttons one way, not the other), same question for rotaty knobs?

Yes you can assign mouse clicks to the HOTAS in the same UI layer.

aosH1cp.jpg

You will also want to enable mouse in the VR tab of the Options menu.

Regarding the Touch Controllers, IIRC you roll them inverted and click for right mouse click.

Edited by dburne

Don B

So whats the concensus on the best way to run this? I start occulus and then fire up DCS via the desktop link. Is going through steam VR better/faster etc? I cant actually get steam VR to recognize the rift. Also is ASW on by default or is that a setting somewhere?

So whats the concensus on the best way to run this? I start occulus and then fire up DCS via the desktop link. Is going through steam VR better/faster etc? I cant actually get steam VR to recognize the rift. Also is ASW on by default or is that a setting somewhere?

You are doing it the best way.

Why add another layer of the additional runtime of Steam VR on top of the Oculus runtime?

ASW is on by default. You can toggle it off whilst in game with ctrl+numpad 1. You can tell easily, ASW on your fps will be 45 or 90, no in between. ASW off you will see fluctuations in fps between 45-90.

Likewise you can grab the Oculus Tray Tool from here:

https://forums.oculusvr.com/community/discussion/47247/oculus-traytool-supersampling-profiles-hmd-disconnect-fixes-hopefully/p1

And use it to set profiles per game to control. OTT is a third party program and works very well.

Don B

Cool.

Couple more questions. Is there a way to have VR and non vr settings or profiles? Mainly for gfx settings. Im generally getting 45 frames over water, but if i land on the tarawa its more like 30s or even teens. Also does fraps work in VR? Im using the dcs frame counter but it kinda sucks.

Cool.

Couple more questions. Is there a way to have VR and non vr settings or profiles? Mainly for gfx settings. Im generally getting 45 frames over water, but if i land on the tarawa its more like 30s or even teens. Also does fraps work in VR? Im using the dcs frame counter but it kinda sucks.

Yes,

I use this handy tool : https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2998523/.

It will create two shortcut on your desktop for DCS VR and Non-VR and Keep the settings separate.

It has other handy features like changing sound devicea when starting DCS

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk