Android UFC for Hornet

Hi community,

first poster and quite a noob to the hornet here. :smilewink:

I am making really good progress on handling the required systems to make it fun to fly and i got across the ipad Virtual Cockpit app and installed it, but i also found this one here:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ihopiworks.hornetdevice

Youtube video here:

(cant understand cause i dont speak korean)

Anyone already successfully installed it and using it? I Am trying but unfortunately it looks like my Samsung S2 tablet is not communicating with my PC although the server app is showing my tablets (variable) IP.

cheers!

PS: i searched the forum prior posting of course but did not find any hints...

DCS Open beta

F/A-18C, A-10C

Win10, i7-8700k, AsRock Z370 Extreme 4, GTX1080Ti, 32" 2K Samsung TFT Main screen, 22" 1K Iiyama Touch screen.

Warthog HOTAS

I've been meaning to try this myself. I'm downloading the server app now. Have you allowed the server through the windows firewall?

EDIT: Just gave it the first try and it seems to be working. There's a check box in the server app that puts something in your export.lua file. Do you have that box checked?

Edited by WOPR

I've been meaning to try this myself. I'm downloading the server app now. Have you allowed the server through the windows firewall?

Hi, yes i did that. Afterwards i switched all windows firewall off. But no success. As mentioned, the server app sees my tablet and its IP in my WLAN but i dont get the message from server app like saying "in the cockpit". (as seen in the video)

Have a try by yourself and let me know your progress. THX!

DCS Open beta

F/A-18C, A-10C

Win10, i7-8700k, AsRock Z370 Extreme 4, GTX1080Ti, 32" 2K Samsung TFT Main screen, 22" 1K Iiyama Touch screen.

Warthog HOTAS

See edited post.

The only checkbox i see is the one beneath "installed games" and there i marked "DCS.openbeta"

does it immediately run well for you? Did you make any changes to your ports etc?

DCS Open beta

F/A-18C, A-10C

Warthog HOTAS

All I did other than check the box was make sure that the UFC was powered on in a spawned Hornet. I used the 'ready on the ramp' instant action mission to test it. I use dcs_updater on the command line to update so I don't have dcs.beta active, but that shouldn't make any difference. Your export.lua file for the installation you're running should contain "local dwlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(dwlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DEVICEWORKS\DEVICEWORKS.lua]])" on the first list and you should have the DEVICEWORKS script installed in your save games script directory.

OK, it looks like my Scripts folder has an issue with read/write permissions. Cant remove the write protection. Need to google how to do it properly in Win10

DCS Open beta

F/A-18C, A-10C

Warthog HOTAS

OK, it looks like my Scripts folder has an issue with read/write permissions. Cant remove the write protection. Need to google how to do it properly in Win10

That's a different problem and can be persnickety. Just to keep the thread pure, I'll PM you the probable way to fix the issue.

App continually crashes on start for me :(

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Works well, but on my Galaxy Tab-A 10.1 the UFC isn't properly proportioned. It would suit my screen better if just the UFC could be displayed in landscape.

PC Spec: Asus B250M Prime, I7 6700K 4.0 GHz, 32GB DDR 2400, ASUS ROG-STRIX 1070Ti 8GB, 500GB WD Blue M2 SSD, Crucial MX300 256GB SSD, WD 1TB SSHDD, 43" LG 4K TV, Oculus Rift-S, Nubwo 7.1 Headset

Flight Gear: Virpil WarBRD & T50-CM2 grip, Virpil T50CM Throttle, TM TFRP pedals, 3x TM Cougar MFD, Razer Orbweaver Chroma, Delanclip, Trackhat PS3 camera & Opentrack, Oculus Rift-S

The Android app or the windows server?

Android app - Windows app is fine.

i7-4770k | EVGA GTX 980 SC | 16GB DDR3 | TrackIR 5, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

DCS: F-16C, F/A-18C, F-14A/B, AV-8B, FC3, A-10C, Black Shark II, UH-1H, F-86F, MiG-21bis, Mirage 2000C, AJS-37, F-5E :pilotfly:

Downloaded and installed it on the weekend. There is a link to the required windows / server app via the Google Play Store page.

Working out of the box for me without any problems on my android phone. The proportions of the UFC were out of whack for me but otherwise no problems and it worked as advertised.

If you don't mind the google ads at the bottom, then this is a very good UFC solution. I'm in the market now for a cheap, no name 8" android tablet.

Also just gave this a try and works first time. Very cool solution and might save me a fortune in electronics for my desktop UFC. Now if only my tablet would charge, it is a little small on the phone.

Edit: First run was on my Samsung S9+, decided to try on an older phone to see. On my Note 4 it fails when starting up the Hornet.

Edited by TechRoss

I can not get this app to work. I have followed all the instructions.

The only thing I get when I open the App is the top window next to the Data entry window is " RDY " nothing else works.

The DCS Device Server is all Green

Run Check is in the cockpit. Right side windows has the below info.

Network adapters Wi-Fi 192.168.1.187

Installed Games DCS.openbeta

Remote client status Blank No address listed (is this the problem If so hoe do I Fix?)

Export.lua File in the Save Games Has 2 lines in it listed below

local dwlfs=require('lfs'); dofile(dwlfs.writedir()..[[scripts\DEVICEWORKS\DEVICEWORKS.lua]])

dofile(".\\A10VCServer\\Main.lua") --A10VCHook

I'm using a Samsung Galley S-9 Phone

My Router is a ASUS AC5300

Any help would be appreciated

Edited by Shortcut

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

• 3 weeks later...

This App was causing DCS to lock my FPS the first time at 28 FPS. After I reinstall DCS it locked DCS at FPS at 50 FPS. This originally happened after I did a DCS update so I was thinking the update caused the problem.

This Android app has a additional program that's called DCS Device Server this program adds 2 files to the Saved Games Folder under Scripts. Theirs a folder called DEVICEWORKS and a LUNA file called Export. One of these is causing the FPS locking.

I deleted both files and I'm back over 100 FPS @ 7680 X 1440 (3 monitors).

I never did get the App to connect to my phone of tablet but if the developer can get it to work it will be a nice addition to DCS your be able to put the UFC on a tablet or your phone. He also said he's going to do a App for the A-10C.

I e-mailed the developer about the problems I found, hope he can fix it.

Edited by Shortcut

13700K, MSI Z690 D4 Edge wifi, Swiftech H360X3 Cooling with Corsair Water Block, Gigabyte 4090 OC, 64gb Trident Z 3600 CL16, Evga 850W G2 power supply, TM Warthog,  MFG Crosswinds Rudder, TrackIR 5, HP Reverb 2, Pimax Crystal

Wish i could test it by myself, but i still dont get it running.

Looks like it is not exporting. Can someone with the Android UFC working please post his/hers export.lua file?

Thanks!

DCS Open beta

F/A-18C, A-10C

Warthog HOTAS

I Received a E-Mail from the developer to day. This will be a nice addition to the F-18.

I've checked the routine that possibly make any FPS lock but couldn't find anything.

Actually, I think a few frame drop can caused by this script but it cannot lock FPS.

Currently, my system cannot generate over than 60 fps so I will contact other person for this problem. (testers I mean)

And TCP direct connection method is implemented to the newest AMPCD & UFC application.

Unfortunately, the UFC application implementation is delayed because of new app release schedule.

• 3 weeks later...

He now has the UFC working. You must start DCS prior to loading the DCS Device Sever. The MFCD Is not working at this time.

I'm using it on my Mirosoft Surface Pro while running the NOX Android Emulator. Give it a try.

I've made a new app that control or your hornet's AMPCD & UFC both at the same time.

You can find the demo version of the app for android below link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deviceworks.dcshornetdevicedemo

You can download server file from below link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0qeuhk552n0d63/DCS%20Device%20Server%202.03.zip?dl=0

At the first screen, press ampcd display will popup the connection window.

From there, input your ip address and port (as you can see from the server, mostly 9100) then hit 'Enter'

He now has the UFC working. You must start DCS prior to loading the DCS Device Sever. The MFCD Is not working at this time.

I'm using it on my Mirosoft Surface Pro while running the NOX Android Emulator. Give it a try.

I've made a new app that control or your hornet's AMPCD & UFC both at the same time.

You can find the demo version of the app for android below link.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deviceworks.dcshornetdevicedemo

You can download server file from below link.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s0qeuhk552n0d63/DCS%20Device%20Server%202.03.zip?dl=0

At the first screen, press ampcd display will popup the connection window.

From there, input your ip address and port (as you can see from the server, mostly 9100) then hit 'Enter'

Search Google Play Store for DCS HORNET AMPCD & UFC

Or try this link. When the builder e-mailed me the links the app was free now its $3.49.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.deviceworks.dcshornetdevice