DELETE PLEASE MODS

LORD FLASHEART

Sweet setup Jar, I wish I could combine your setup with mine. Surprised me that you don't use a lot of the physical switches. I also fly VR with TM MFDs and a replica UFC, and I've found that I built up the muscle memory of where the MFDs and UFC are very quickly, within a few hours of flight time, and can use them in VR quite naturally at this point even without being able to see them. They are roughly in the realistic position so reaching out for things feels like I'm reaching for what I'm seeing in VR. I also put some 'sticky dots' little rubber bumper stickers for drawers and furniture and such, on key buttons for me to index on when I cant see (middle button of each side of the mfds, 5 key, 0 key, etc)

Not nearly as pretty, but this is my VR pit:

3Rmnr4X.jpg

This is basically my adoration of DCS Hornet on show and I wasn't sure if to put this in this DCS F/A-18C section or home cockpits or Virtual Reality then remembered that those other places can be a bit mean, whereas everyone here is friendly. :)

Here is a much requested tour of my Hornet cockpit with emphasis on how I use the DCS Virtual cockpit in VR along with a full scale Hornet replica.

yZR1t1wfxEo

That is absolutely awesome. :thumbup: I plan on checking out the Occulus Rift along with the 2 other guys I fly with. Aren't they about $400 now and come with the little hand held clickers (forget the name of those)? Any version number of the Occulus or just the current one that they are selling is the best one?

Awesome Jar, thanks for sharing!!. Like gekoiq i use three mfds with vr and quite surprised how quickly I was able to hit the correct button.

Gekioq did you make your own ufc?

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

Win11 64bit, AMD Ryzen 58003DX, GeForce 3070 8GB, 2TB SSD, 64GB DDR4 RAM at 3200MHz _ full 1:1 FA-18C Cockpit https://www.youtube.com/@TheHornetProject

Awesome Jar, thanks for sharing!!. Like gekoiq i use three mfds with vr and quite surprised how quickly I was able to hit the correct button.

Gekioq did you make your own ufc?

Sent from my SM-T530 using Tapatalk

I did, I went this route: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218874 Bought the panels this guy designed and made available on shapeways, then bought all the switches and Leobodnar board, lots of soldering later I had a UFC. Its great but ended up being a lot more expensive than I anticipated.

...ended up being a lot more expensive than I anticipated.

I know that feeling!

Asus Z690 Hero | 12900K | 64GB G.Skill 6000 | 4090FE | Reverb G2 | VPC MongoosT-50CM2 + TM Grips  | Winwing Orion2 Throttle | MFG Crosswind Pedals

very cool.

My only advice, because I did it, would be to get a 10cm extension for the warthog, and mount it 10cm lower than you currently have. the extra travel makes it WAY more accurate !

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I actually started building a pit after I got vr because I decided it was the better Avenue rather than using controllers or hands (until the tech gets up to speed).

The pit is 1:1 scale as are the panels

So once you have your view centered at the right height and seat positon their natural location is intuitive to reach for

I've added more since this photo slowly but surely

Kb mounted at HUD height so I can use it still without being over the top of the functional ufc and mfds

This is all mounted on a platform with 2 dof motion simulation being exported from dcs via lua 1e56bd034fa30c2049086b73f9cb854e.jpg

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

very cool.

My only advice, because I did it, would be to get a 10cm extension for the warthog, and mount it 10cm lower than you currently have. the extra travel makes it WAY more accurate !

I did exactly this today on my warthog, got my 100mm extension from virpil today. As you described its like 1:1 in the hornet. Very accurate and fells pretty cool pulling the stick to your stomach.

Love that cockpit, super nice and God luck fighting

Skickat från min SM-G965F via Tapatalk

That is absolutely awesome. :thumbup: I plan on checking out the Occulus Rift along with the 2 other guys I fly with. Aren't they about $400 now and come with the little hand held clickers (forget the name of those)? Any version number of the Occulus or just the current one that they are selling is the best one?

I bought mine just two months ago, in November. It's incredible!! About $400 should be right, and mine came with the Oculus Touch controllers as well. I got mine from Best Buy. If you get yours from online, you may be able to save some money by getting the headset without the controllers, but I wouldn't write off the Oculus Touch just yet. You can do some amazing and immersive things outside of flight simming with them.

Also, if you but Oculus from Best Buy, or any similar store, you are automatically buying the most up-to-date headset. If you buy from online, make sure it's the "CV1" and not the DK1 or DK2.

CV is Consumer Version and DK is Developer Version.

I hope this helps!!

I do not recommend vive or ocolus for dcs..

People should really consider to buy the Pimax 4k headset it have much better resolution and does not recommend a big pc to run perfect.

I have the pimax 4k my self and compared to the olculus that i had before then pimax 4k is 3-4 times better. Much better image quality.!

OR

The brand new 5k+ pimax vr headset, with wide screen video and even higher resolution... Keep in mind this require a minimum of a 1070gtx to run, and even better a 1080 or highter.

There is als othe pimax 8k however testers claim you should not buy it since its software updscaling of the image = its require minimum a 1080gtx

And also reading text in a cockpit is actual more clear oon the pimax 5k+ than with the 8k.

( ps... 8k is a sales pr gimic )

In general get the 5k+ they are similar and you can upscale graphics your self if you like.

The 5k+ comes in different versions.. some with hand motion where it scan your real hands and put them in the game ( if a game support this techonology ) and there are also larger packages with base station, vr hands and so on...

YOU DO NOT need a base station to use pimax products, they have a build in gyro so you can if you only play dcs world play with only 1 headset and nothing els.

Be aware that pimax is a chinese firm and you have to pay import tax if you buy from them.. and be aware if your vr headset breaks then its gona be a nightmare to have it repaired with long waiting times for shipping and paper work.. i dont know with the release of the 5k+ if you can get it swapped with another headset from a eu/us warehouse or if you should send it to china.... Just saying.

https://www.pimaxvr.com/

very cool.

‘The Warthog Project’ at the YouTube comments recommended this as well and mentioned you can also have the 15 degree twist by using it so I ordered 2 of them today :)

Awesome Sting57, they are so cool. They should come with a Rift.

Found out the hard way today that if your Touch controllers are on then the F/A-18 in cockpit mouse stops working after a while. Caused me a tonne of grief!

‘The Warthog Project’ at the YouTube comments recommended this as well and mentioned you can also have the 15 degree twist by using it so I ordered 2 of them today :)

Awesome Sting57, they are so cool. They should come with a Rift.

Found out the hard way today that if your Touch controllers are on then the F/A-18 in cockpit mouse stops working after a while. Caused me a tonne of grief!

yes, thats for sure. YOu need to mount it and secure it with a 15° twist for a natural grip.. otherwise you will have to break your wrist too much at a non natural angle.

the only thing that I miss is having the grip with a slight bend to the left as well. I could do it by modifiying the extension but its too much of a hassle.

[sIGPIC]https://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic70550_3.gif[/sIGPIC]

Asus Z390-H - SSD M.2 EVO 970 - Intel I9 @5.0ghz - 32gb DDR4 4000 - EVGA 3090 - Cougar FSSB + Virpil WRBRD + Hornet Stick - Thrustmaster TPR Pedal + WinWing MIP + Orion + TO and CO pannels - Track IR5

I did, I went this route: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=218874 Bought the panels this guy designed and made available on shapeways, then bought all the switches and Leobodnar board, lots of soldering later I had a UFC. Its great but ended up being a lot more expensive than I anticipated.

I recently discovered shapeways and reeeeeally wish I hadn’t. $$$

i7 7700K @5.0, 1080Ti, 32GB DDR4, HMD Odyssey, TM WH, Crosswind Rudder...