SRS - Comm button staying pushed

Leysard

I have setup the Huey with a button to switch for example on Comm 3. In SRS, it is set as to use that button also as a PTT.

When ever I switch to the Comm 3, it stays pushed (permanent light green on SRS overlay) instead of acting as a PTT.

Any Idea ?

Win 10 | i7 8700 Coffee Lake OC @ 4.9Ghz | 32Go Ram | 1080Ti | DCS on SSD | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Rudder | TrackIr 5 Pro

I think you should ask Ciribob on his discord channel. It doesn't sound like a Huey issue but a SRS one.

It's generally not a good idea to use one switch to perform two separate actions. So either you use this switch to set the com selector to Radio 3 or you use it as a PTT for SRS.

Another thing is you can configure SRS to do PTT on Radio 3 with 1 switch. So you can go into the controls tab of SRS and set your switch to do that, and remove the bind in DCS Options/Controls.

• 6 months later...

I have the same Problem and only with Huey. Av8, Gazelle and F-14 are fine with SRS.

Iam not sure if its a prob with SRS or VoiceAttack/Vaicom.

@Leysard, did you fix it?

Edited by AirWalK

Move along.....nothing to see here

Perhaps it’s an issue of the “button” being a toggle as opposed to a momentary switch. Like BaD CrC suggested, I have a 4 way hat switch set up for the 4 radio channels (intercom included). Each of the 4 ways also actuates PTT. For example, holding the hat to the left engages channel 1 and PTT simultaneously. Releasing the switch stops PTT but channel 1 remains till another switch direction is engaged.

Edited by Chic

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS