JTAC Coordinates in Lat/Long for the F/A-18C

_mu110_

8HUqxgE.jpg

This mod will allow JTAC's to read out your target coordinates in the format of your choosing instead of just the grid reference, allowing you to easily create a new waypoint at the target, or enter them into a JDAM or JSOW for a highly accurate strike. Now there's no more need to stop flying and convert the coordinates to the proper format, you can simply find your targets no matter where they are on the map and then take them out with precision. Passes the integrity check as well!

Included in the download are three distinct versions of the mod, only one can be installed at a time. Each will change the format in which the coordinates are given by the JTAC.

DMS - For the F/A-18C, coordinates are formatted as DD°MM'SS.ss"

DM - For the F-16C, coordinates are formatted as DD°MM.mmm'

DD - For the M2000C, coordinates are formatted as DD.MM.mm

Here you can see how to create a new waypoint and release a JDAM based on the JTAC's coordinates.

This is an updated and overhauled version of Sunski34's original M2KC coordinate mod, check it out here.

Updated on 4/4/19: Incorporated ED's latest fix to the Rapier and SA-2 lines from the JTAC.

Updated on 4/8/19: Fixed a bug that sometimes broke the radio.

Updated on 4/13/19: Added 2 decimal points of precision for use with JDAM's, made coordinates formatted nicely.

Updated on 6/9/19: Updated for DCS 2.5.5.

Updated on 11/17/19: Updated to include F-16C and other minor changes.

Updated on 12/20/19: Fixed an error in the latitude seconds for the DD version.

Updated on 2/16/20: Updated for DCS 2.5.6.

Updated on 8/15/20: Updated for DCS 2.5.6.52437

Updated on 9/30/20: Updated for DCS 2.5.6.55743. Now includes support for F-16 coordinate format (Many thanks iolsen!)

Known Issues:

When JTAC targets a group containing multiple enemy units, he will read out coordinates that describe the approximate location of all members of that group instead of coordinates for one specific enemy. For GBU employment this should not present an issue since the laser will designate one particular unit, but using these coordinates for JDAM is unlikely to result in a hit. This problem is inherent in how ED has implemented the JTAC and requires someone much smarter than me to try and fix, to work around it use seperate FAC-Assign Group commands for each unit you wish to target.

This mod is JSGME/OVGME ready, just load your chosen "JTAC Coordinates DMS/DM/DD" folder as you would any other mod. Manual installation instructions are included in the readme. If installing manually, you must reinstall the mod after each game update.

DOWNLOAD HERE: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3304451/

Edited by _mu110_
  • Thanks 3

degrees decimal minutes, not seconds

for the hornet

as you can see in the manual p. 112

I know the HSI shows the coordinates in decimal degrees, but when you type them into the UFC you have to use degrees minutes seconds, try it out for yourself or watch the video I included. You can see the numbers that show up in the HSI DATA page are different from what you enter on the UFC since they get converted.

Great Mod !

Intel i9 7980XE @4.4Hz

64GB DDR4 RAM at 2666MHz

GTX 1080Ti with 11GB GDDR5X

Reverb Pro HMD

HOTAS: TM Warthog throttle / TM F18 Grip

Dual H640P Huion tablets used with VRK (Virtual Kneeboard ) software

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

DOF Reality P6, 6 axis Motion Platform

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just two stupid questions, what's the difference between JTAC coordinates DMS and DD and which NATO.lua am I supposed to copy in the sound folder ?

DMS is the format used for the Hornet, but if you want to use this for bombing in the Mirage you should use DD. To install it manually, replace the existing NATO.lua in your games Sounds/Speech folder with the file from either the DMS or DD folder, depending on which aircraft you plan to use it with. In the future I plan to only have one version you need to install and JTAC will switch automatically between formats.

• 3 months later...
Anyone have issues using this with VoiceAttack/VAICOM? I just installed it and now the radio no longer works.

Unfortunately I don’t have VoiceAttack, I understand what it does but I’m not sure exactly how it interfaces with DCS. I can’t come up with anything off the top of my head as to why it might be breaking since the mod shouldn’t change any player radio commands, just the JTAC responses. Please let me know if you make any progress figuring it out.

I did have issues at first. I spent a while troubleshooting the code, but ultimately, somewhere along the way it just started working,so I've actually no idea why it started working unfortunately.

But here is what I did anyways, if it helps. I scanned modded NATO.lua file in this mod and found the modified code in the MGRS function. Then started manually adding it, line by line, to an unmodified NATO.lua file, testing each time to see if VAICOM still works after each edit. I wanted to find the code that was stopping VAICOM from working, but VAICOM ended up working after every edit until I manually added all the modified code and it was still working...

After it was all working, I modified the code so that only the Lat/Long coordinates are read, was just a personal prefence of mine.

This version works with VA/VIACOM. I've been using it and just tested it out again today. It is only the Hornet version though. I added MGRS back in to attach here as I had taken it out because it is useless in the Hornet currently.

There may be issues with it as I don't know what all was modified in the original version and I only modified the MGRS function and didn't touch the rest of the file. However, it seems to work exactly as I wanted. JTAC gives me the Lat/Long in Degrees Minutes Seconds for the Hornet.

JTAC-Coordinates-DMS.zip

Edited by Razi

This version works with VA/VIACOM. I've been using it and just tested it out again today. It is only the Hornet version though. I added MGRS back in to attach here as I had taken it out because it is useless in the Hornet currently.

There may be issues with it as I don't know what all was modified in the original version and I only modified the MGRS function and didn't touch the rest of the file. However, it seems to work exactly as I wanted. JTAC gives me the Lat/Long in Degrees Minutes Seconds for the Hornet.

Works great, thanks so much.:thumbup:

Early Cold War Servers

https://discord.gg/VGC7JxJWDS

Hi everyone, just compared the file I had uploaded with the one modified by Razi on diffchecker, the only difference I found was that I had accidentally typed some numbers in a random spot in the code which is almost certainly what was causing issues for you guys. I've just updated the downloads, please do try it out and let me know if the issue persists. Big thanks to Razi for really doing all the heavy lifting on this!