JTAC Coordinates in Lat/Long for the F/A-18C

_mu110_

• 4 weeks later...

Great mod, I even use it with LGBs. I just create a waypoint based on JTACs Lat/Long coords and it works perfectly. JTAC don't provide attitude, but it dont have big difference.

Thanks!

Edited by DeathAngel1

..:NAVY PILOTS ARE THE THE BEST PILOTS:..

Great mod, I even use it with LGBs. I just create a waypoint based on JTACs Lat/Long coords and it works perfectly. JTAC don't provide attitude, but it dont have big difference.

Thanks!

Glad you find it useful, I used to do the exact same thing all the time before JDAM came out. What exactly do you mean when you say the JTAC doesn't give altitude? I haven't experienced this, but does this mod break the JTAC's altitude functionality for you?

Glad you find it useful, I used to do the exact same thing all the time before JDAM came out. What exactly do you mean when you say the JTAC doesn't give altitude? I haven't experienced this, but does this mod break the JTAC's altitude functionality for you?

I mean JTAC don't provide information for target's height (feet/meters), but it's not big deal. Still works just fine.

I’m away from my computer for a couple days so I can’t test this myself, but is it the mod that is breaking this functionality?

No, its not from the mod. Just most of JTACs dont lase at night, because they don't have a FLIR I think. I found that only RQ-9 is lasing at night.

i have one question can i use both mod versions? i have mirage and f18

They both modify the same file, so unfortunately not. In the future I’m looking into having the JTAC change his readout based on what aircraft you’re flying, but for now you have to choose either one or the other. I don’t actually own the M2KC, but I’d probably suggest choosing the F/A-18 version with the coordinates in DDMMSS.SS since it has the highest degree of accuracy, and you can convert the seconds (ignore the decimal seconds) to decimal minutes when you’re flying the mirage hopefully without getting too much of a headache.

• 4 weeks later...
No more works with 2.5.5 :( Can be fixed it?

Thank you for letting me know about the issue, I am away from my usual setup for the rest of the month so I would not have realized without your post. I am working on getting a fix out as soon as possible, with some luck I might be able to upload an update by tomorrow.

Againg doesnt work with latest OB (including JSOW). Seems like you have to fix it after every update man :)

I just updated my game to test it out and it's working fine for me. Make sure you download and reinstall the latest version of the mod. It doesn't look like they updated the radio in this patch, but let me know if you're still having problems.

EDIT: I'd also test it out without the mod, according to people on the forums apparently there are some problems with PP mode but I haven't been able to test it all out yet.

Edited by _mu110_

I just updated my game to test it out and it's working fine for me. Make sure you download and reinstall the latest version of the mod. It doesn't look like they updated the radio in this patch, but let me know if you're still having problems.

EDIT: I'd also test it out without the mod, according to people on the forums apparently there are some problems with PP mode but I haven't been able to test it all out yet.

I just download and reinstalled the mod, and it works just fine now. Maybe every update of the game brings back the original NATO.lua file, and we need to reinstall the mod again.

I just download and reinstalled the mod, and it works just fine now. Maybe every update of the game brings back the original NATO.lua file, and we need to reinstall the mod again.

Yes, this is how all mods work that overwrite any of the game files work. I'll update the post to make this more clear.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is my "installation" correct?

I put the file in the DMS-folder of the zip (nato.lua) into the speech-folder of DCS and overwrote the existing one. The next time I started DCS it worked with the F/A-18.

After the update this week, I did the same, but now it does not work......