VKB/Heatblur F-14 "Tomcat" grip - POLL

UIV

VKB/Heatblur F-14 "Tomcat" grip - POLL  

342 members have voted

1. 1. VKB/Heatblur F-14 "Tomcat" grip - POLL

• Yes
    • No

Personally I don't need the twist I prefer to use the twcs throttle lever when I am on my mobile rig. I did notice that the space grip has got the twist built in and did not appear to be too expensive when it gets released.

The VKB gunfighter gymbal is far superior to the Warthog one so I would not bother with a Warthog compatible grip as long as you can make the bases available, at the moment they are kind off like rocking horse shit.

I have 2 Gunfighter mk1 bases one for Home and one for my mobile rig . It does cause some questions going through security due to the MCG PRO'S metal triggers. Will there be any support for those of us with Gunfighter mk 1's

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

I7 3930 4.2GHz ( Hyperthreading Off), GTX1080, 16 GB ddr3

Hotas Warthog Saiteck Combat Pedals HTC Vive, Oculus CV1.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So is there a middle option for those who use a Virpil base? I currently use a Warthog grip with a VPC base. That base controller and software CAN detect axes on the grip, so the DLC switch should function normally, provided the mounting hardware is compatible.

It’ll be a day-1 purchase for me, if so

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

1. No twist for me.

2. Warthog compatibility will make the grip accessible to more users. This means more customers for VKB. Could the grip have a wheel that works as buttons on a WH, and axis on the VKB? Perhaps the same grip for both WH and VKB, but an adaptor for the WH base? The adaptor could have its own USB port so that the grip becomes a USB controller of its own, and the WH base is used for the X&Y axes.

+1 Great idea.

Warthog's controller can only handle buttons, not axes. Hence, this version of the grip will be limited in its functionality compared to standard version: the self centering thumbwheel will work as two buttons, effectively cancelling precise analog mode.

What will be the use for an analog axis in this thumb wheel, since the wheel is spring back to center position, or work like a "Momentary-OFF-Momentary" switch?

You know what, there are some people that lost their legs. Or ability to control their lower body. Car crashes, you know. Sport injuries. Shиt happens. Some of them are virtual pilots. They can't use pedals. We are happy that with our help they will be able to fly legendary plane without pedals.

We are thinking about it, and it is a serious consideration.

Case closed.

You are the one which brought the "but the real F-14 does not have it" argument into discussion. I just pointed to another aspect of it.

No need for such drama, bringing injured people into it now. What about people which lost their right arm? Don't they deserve a left handed F-14 grip? See, it can only get worse when you take the discussion there. So better leave all this out of discussion about joysticks.

I see no point in this argument. VKB guarantees correct functioning of our grips on our own and on WH base, period.

Case closed.

I understand that VKB can not make such a guarantee of wider compatibility.

It was just my point of view on this subject.

I don't know of any technical reason for a Warthog-compatible grip to not be also Virpil-compatible. So I just mentioned this.

Didn't mean you failed to support Gunfighter 1, I was asking if the F14 grip would be made for the Gunfighter MK1 as well as the 2.

GTX 1080 Has its uses

Just out of interest - my understanding of the weapon selection switch to the top left was a rotary + push button? Is this correct / how it is implemented for the stick?

To expand on this - and I would need to go back to my books to see if I can corroborate it - the selector was rotated to the desired weapon then pushed to select it, so that moving from OFF to sparrow / phoenix wouldn't select each weapon in sequence from guns upward.

No twist, and would love to have it on my WarBRD. :-)

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Please read it again carefully

I have a Warthog base... it's just collecting dust....

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Absolutely mine had a 1 inch dead zone with a 30 cm extension. Just make the gymbal available which is my only misgiving VKB availability is a bit patchy !

GTX 1080 Has its uses