Where is Mig-23?

Padonis

Such announcements for 2019 that it will take your breath away.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3744714&postcount=177

Where is Mig -23 in all this? So many planes on the one hand of the conflict, it is a pity that they have no one to fight with. Has Mig - 23 gone into oblivion? Once again forgotten about the red side of the conflict?

I think that this is not just my question and my disappointment.

good point

Ryzen 7 2700X | MSI Trio 1080Ti | MSI X470 Plus Motherboard | 32GB Kingston HyperX Predator 2933 DDR4 | M.2 XPG GAMMIX S11 Pro SSD | Virpil Mongoost-50 throttle | Thrustmaster Warthog Stick | MFG Crosswind | Rift S

RAZBAM has a couple of development streams and one of them is 'Red Wings' which they have referred to on their Facebook page. The MiG-23 is next on the list once the MiG-19 is finished.

There's more about that here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=213395

It took over a year for the MiG-19. I'd suggest that the MiG-23 will be 2020.

Please realize that a lot of other modules by Razbam were also omitted from the list, like F-15E for example.

Even if the MiG-23 started development today, I wouldn't expect it until 2020. Razbam is already busy with improving Mirage 2000C, Harrier and probably MiG-19 will also take some polishing post release. While Razbam has many 3D talent on board, their number of programmers aren't as many, so it is natural that the flogger will more likely to be the hot news for later this year or even next year.

I wouldn't worry just yet.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Mig-23 is just an example. With such shortages of aircraft on the "RED" side, each new one is worth its weight in gold.

The disproportion is so big that the fight against Su-27 or Mig-29 (these are just arcade models from FC) is already boring.

Probably for this reason I am so eager for new information about airplanes under the "RED" sign.

Edited by padonis

I can only confirm what some have posted here. The MiG-23 is not forgotten or cancelled. Simply awaiting development once the MiG-19 is finalised and released, and they've said that themselves.

Here's some refreshment to the eye:

Vh9YtWH.jpg

Not sure this image down below here is official, but looks great :)

Hvnb3oU.jpg

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Cold War 1947 - 1991                                       Discord
Helicopters Tournaments
Combined Arms Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

Not to mention that it says MiG-23-98 :P

As for the lack of RED air... yeah... most of us including myself dislike the situation a lot, but it is what it is, and doesn't seem like going to change anytime soon.

But the MiG-23 itself isn't off the table, and there is also the "mostly reddish" JF-17 in development as an advanced more modern aircraft. Also the Mi-24, and if you are willing to go down the oldie days, I-16.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

The MIG-23-98 was a project Cubanace began a while ago, but he paused it to develop the SU-57.

I have to no interest in the MIG-19, will wait for the MIG-23MLA or any latest model. I simply stopped buying ED's western aircrafts, not because I dislike them, but for the lack of red complete modules in ED

Edited by JunMcKill

I have to no interest in the MIG-19, will wait for the MIG-23MLA or any latest model. I simply stopped buying ED's western aircrafts, not because I dislike them, but for the lack of red complete modules in ED

...you want red modules - but when there's one coming out you dont want it? Even if it would directly support the next red module coming out by the same team?

A-10C Warthog | AJS-37 Viggen | F-5E Tiger II | Mig-15bis | MiG-19P Farmer

...you want red modules - but when there's one coming out you dont want it? Even if it would directly support the next red module coming out by the same team?

I thought the lack of "Red Stuff" was mostly about Leagle-Beagle-Secret-Government-Shyster BS. I mean, if that's the case, I understand completely.

Really? Not sure? :P

It's marked "cubanace" and has pinups carrying a missile....

Even if you're joking... xD

Was a joke, buddy. Hence the smiling face :)

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

You can help me with keeping up the server via PayPal donations: hokumyounis@yahoo.com

People keep on asking for Red modules all the time. Here's what I once wrote:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3711563&postcount=324

cold war 1947 - 1991.jpg

Helicopters Tournaments

Yeah, there was a high risk of Joke, but I didn't see the " wink.gif " which is the proper way to indicate irony in internet text wink.gif

People keep on asking for Red modules all the time. Here's what I once wrote:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3711563&postcount=324

Anyway, Other possible Red-side planes are, as I see it;

Il-28, MiG-17F, Su-7, Su-15, and maybe the Tu-22 (Blinder, not the Backfire).

So there's still hope, at least for pre-90's Red-stuff =D

//Jarl

Anyway, Other possible Red-side planes are, as I see it;

Il-28, MiG-17F, Su-7, Su-15, and maybe the Tu-22 (Blinder, not the Backfire).

So there's still hope, at least for pre-90's Red-stuff =D

//Jarl

I'm really hoping for some variant of the MiG-17 someday. The MiG-15 is great, but the Fresco is different enough to warrant a new module. It would also complete the Vietnam trifecta of MiGs... The MiG-21, -19 and -17.

But we're here to talk about the Flogger. It'll be a while, but I'm looking forward to it as well. I'd say, don't expect it before 2020 at the very very soonest, though.

I thought the lack of "Red Stuff" was mostly about Leagle-Beagle-Secret-Government-Shyster BS. I mean, if that's the case, I understand completely.

Yes, it is.... which logically was overcome for a module confirmed to be in development. If that was an issue in this case, obviously they'd have never got a license.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

comon we need real red side planes..mig19 is ok for 1950' era but you can't compete against an f15, f18,f16,mirage2000, viggen, etc etc with a MIG19....

I love red side expecially the su27, mig29 , but I will never buy a mig19:thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

Yes and no. The information needed to create DCS level SU-17, MIG-29 and maybe SU-27 is out there (current NATO countries flew/fly them). ED is based in Russia and THAT is the issue...they must conform to Russian law. Thus, no DCS access at this time to high fidelity “modern” Russian aircraft. ED has been tight lipped about this, but the vague hints dropped from time to time would indicate they still are trying to get approval to make “modern” Russian planes. Maybe one day.

Buy and enjoy the MiG 19 as it will both give you a taste and help support the development of the 23 :)

Modules: A10C, AV8, M2000C, AJS-37, MiG-21, MiG-19, MiG-15, F86F, F5E, F14A/B, F16C, F18C, P51, P47, Spitfire IX, Bf109K, Fw190-D, UH-1, Ka-50, SA342 Gazelle, Mi8, Christian Eagle II, CA, FC3

Yes and no. The information needed to create DCS level SU-17, MIG-29 and maybe SU-27 is out there (current NATO countries flew/fly them). ED is based in Russia and THAT is the issue...they must conform to Russian law. Thus, no DCS access at this time to high fidelity “modern” Russian aircraft. ED has been tight lipped about this, but the vague hints dropped from time to time would indicate they still are trying to get approval to make “modern” Russian planes. Maybe one day.

but ED now is officialy a Switzerland Company:thumbup:

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

but ED now is officialy a Switzerland Company:thumbup:

And how is that relevant? Working for a company registred in another country does not mean that you don't have to follow local laws. The topic of modern Russian aircraft in DCS boils down to politics. Don't expect it to be reasonable or logical.

ED is based in Russia and THAT is the issue...they must conform to Russian law.

Not being based in Russia would not change that.

IP laws etc are international. Not getting permission from the owners is going to result in legal action that WILL succeed.

National security services are international, too. ED are in Russia, nevertheless when people were spreading classified documents on the forums here the Swedish government still came after them.

Tldr : laws and government reach does not end at the border. Microsoft couldn't make a MiG-29 module either without express permission from Mikoyan and the Russian MoD.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2