Real Life Call-Signs?

mytai01

How hard would it be to use actual Squadron Call-Signs with the skins? For example, the 199th FS uses: Mai Tai(two digit number) and Primo(two digit number). Mai Tai might be a training call-sign and Primo is there alert aircraft call-sign. Every US Military Squadron has one or more unique call-signs. Please use them and associate them with the skins.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

The main problem probably is that all the voice actors have to do all the additional lines.

Some of the voices are really really old, so the voice actors aren't even available anymore.

So... unless they redo all the voices... not going to happen anytime soon.

I'd love to have a wider choice of callsigns though.

A few months ago a community group (don’t remember their names now) were starting a huge comms VO project. Haven’t thought or heard about it in ages. I’ll have to look about for it. Thanks for reminding me

MSI M5 z270 | Intel i5 7600k (OC) 4.8GHz | MSI GTX1080ti Gaming X 11Gb | 500gb Samsung 970 Evo NVME M.2 (DCS World) | 500gb Samsung 850 Evo SSD (OS and Apps) | 32Gb 2400MHz DDR4 - Crucial Ballistix | Be Quiet Silent Loop 240mm | NZXT H440 case |

Thrustmaster Warthog - 47608 with Virpil Mongoose joystick base | MFG Crosswinds - 1241 | Westland Lynx collective with Bodnar X board | Pilot's seat from ZH832 Merlin | JetSeat | Oculus Rift S | Windows 10 | VA |

The main problem probably is that all the voice actors have to do all the additional lines.

Some of the voices are really really old, so the voice actors aren't even available anymore.

This..

With the new ATC comms being made might be adding more C/S to the game and recording them..

The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.

"Me, the 13th Duke of Wybourne, here on the ED forums at 3 'o' clock in the morning, with my reputation. Are they mad.."

https://ko-fi.com/joey45

We don't necessarily need the same actors. Each call-sign would be a separate file that could be associated with each Squadron Skin. So, each time a new skin is added it would contain a new Squadron Call-sign with it based on that Squadrons real call-signs.

I just confirmed that the call-signs are so generic that they don't even follow type aircraft rules. For example, the most generic real life call sign for Air Mobility Command aircraft (C-5, C-17, C-130) is "Reach [XX(XXX)] ("Heavy," as appropriate)." At least have Call-Signs that match the aircraft type and service and country...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_call_sign

Edited by mytai01

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

We don't necessarily need the same actors. Each call-sign would be a separate file that could be associated with each Squadron Skin. So, each time a new skin is added it would contain a new Squadron Call-sign with it based on that Squadrons real call-signs.

I just confirmed that the call-signs are so generic that they don't even follow type aircraft rules. For example, the most generic real life call sign for Air Mobility Command aircraft (C-5, C-17, C-130) is "Reach [XX(XXX)] ("Heavy," as appropriate)." At least have Call-Signs that match the aircraft type and service and country...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_call_sign

I think I cannot follow you.

Why wouldn't you need voice acting because of that?

Examples: Neither the ATC voice nor the JTAC or the AWACS voice know the word "Reach" or any other you named. So what is the sim supposed to do when a plane with such a callsign is around and needs to be addressed on the radio?

I think I cannot follow you.

Why wouldn't you need voice acting because of that?

Examples: Neither the ATC voice nor the JTAC or the AWACS voice know the word "Reach" or any other you named. So what is the sim supposed to do when a plane with such a callsign is around and needs to be addressed on the radio?

In other words, they can use new voice actors. "REACH" is just an example of a call-sign that is in common use for all AMC aircraft (depending on it's mission).

This has been discussed many times without any kind of response from ED.Last time i asked this was the eve of 2.5 release which was answered by Gospadin ( Rest in peace) and he said it’s been worked on.Not only lack of call signs we are talking about here, but also newly added airbase comms like in Nevada. I feel something big is coming this way..