Odyssey+ showed up today. I'm stuck.

mjfur

My Odyssey+ showed up today, I opened the box and now I'm stuck.

My GTX 1080 only has one Display Port (HDMI) which is being used by my monitor. Now what?

Why can't things be simple?

Thx

IMG_5375.thumb.jpg.dc2982baf788d0ea93ba997837af57a8.jpg

Edited by mjfur

Just because,.. :P

Does your monitor have other input types?

You will need use a different cable or cable adapter for the monitor.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

You need an adapter to change HDMI plug to Displayport.

Something like this - https://www.amazon.com/dp/B005H3I38Q/ref=psdc_3015395011_t5_B00JQORLCG

Edited by gordon200

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

Mifur,

Didn't you mean that your video card has only one HDMI port? The picture shows your video card has 3 X display ports, 1 X HDMI (which appears to be to your existing monitor) and 1 X DVI connection.

I bought several of these DisplayPort to HDMI cables. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01HXOU4Y2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have used them for connecting the Odyssey+, Vive and multiple monitors and 55" TVs to several computers. These work well at 4K, whereas others I've tried haven't. They are available in various lengths and cost about the same as the the adapter previous mentioned, but avoids you also having to buy another HDMI to HDMI cable to connect the adapter to the device.

If your monitor has a DVI port, you could also use a DVI to DVI cable to connect it to your video cards DVI output.

My Odyssey+ showed up today, I opened the box and now I'm stuck.

My GTX 1080 only has one Display Port (HDMI) which is being used by my monitor. Now what?

Why can't things be simple?

Thx

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals

If your monitor has a DVI port, you could also use a DVI to DVI cable to connect it to your video cards DVI output.

With every Graphic Card, I have this adapter was included.

normalized_SBOX-Adapter-DVI-241-M-gt-HDMI-F_ac5c3a23.jpeg

So I don't see where is the problem at all?

Check your GPU box for it.

Your monitor may have a display port connection as well as HDMI most do, unless it's a TV ..

i7-9700K @ 5.0 l MSI MPG Z390 Gaming Plus MB l 32GB DDR4 2400 Ram l Sabrent Rocket Q 1TB M.2 l EVGA 3080 FTW l Win10 Pro l WarBRD/Warthog Hotas l VKB MkIV rudder Pedals l Reverb G2

Thanks for the help. I got a connector and installed the Mixed Reality Portal. Now what?

When my Headset is on, I'm sitting in a VR House. What am I supposed to do? When I start DCS it appears on my monitor, but my headset only sees the VR House.

Additionally - once when I moved the mouse it moved my VR view as if I was 3" away from a wall in the house. How do you get back to a normal view as if standing in the middle of the room?

I live in Texas, USA. If anyone would like to walk me through this, a PM with a phone number would be appreciated.

Thx

IMG_5376.thumb.jpg.77c9e4e329c30d66b5dd621111c5a0fd.jpg

The wheel on the mouse moves you around in the house IIRC. Use the controllers to move about.

You then need to install Steam, SteamVR (beta as well I believe) and then WMR for SteamVR:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Windows_Mixed_Reality_for_SteamVR/

After that launch SteamVR and make sure you get into the House - it may take time to load. After that go into DCS and click the gear and then the VR Tab and enable VR. After that go into the controllers tab and bind a key for Recenter VR (defaults to KP5). Then restart and go fly.

Edited by DerekSpeare

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

Thanks for the help. I got a connector and installed the Mixed Reality Portal. Now what?

When my Headset is on, I'm sitting in a VR House. What am I supposed to do? When I start DCS it appears on my monitor, but my headset only sees the VR House.

Additionally - once when I moved the mouse it moved my VR view as if I was 3" away from a wall in the house. How do you get back to a normal view as if standing in the middle of the room?

I live in Texas, USA. If anyone would like to walk me through this, a PM with a phone number would be appreciated.

Thx

When Mixed Reality Portal opens simply minimize it to the tool tray and launch the sim.

You can switch control of your mouse between headset and desktop by pressing Win+Y.

If you want to use your Odyssey+ (smart purchase BTW) in Steam you'll need to download Steam VR For Mixed Reality - https://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Windows_Mixed_Reality_for_SteamVR/

To access settings open Windows Settings and you'll see a new group called Mixed Reality. In the Display Headset tab select High performance. Also in the Headset Display tab is a button under Experience for Change. There you can make sure your headset is set to 90Hz.

Cheers

Edited by gordon200
add'l instrs

Asus ROG Maximus Hero Z690-E, i9-13900KF, RTX 4090, Trident Z Neo 64Gb (4x16) DDR5 6600 C32, EVO 980 Pro 2Tb M.2 Nvme SSD, HP Reverb G2, VKB Gunfighter Modern Combat Pro, MFG Crosswind pedals, Virpil MongoosT-50 throttle, Corsair 7000D Airflow Case, 1200W Asus Platinum G+ PSU, Win10 Pro 64 bit

You probably also need to go into DCS settings go to the VR settings and tick the box to start in VR or DCS will just start in normal screen mode. :thumbup:

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

The wheel on the mouse moves you around in the house IIRC. Use the controllers to move about.

You then need to install Steam, SteamVR (beta as well I believe) and then WMR for SteamVR:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Windows_Mixed_Reality_for_SteamVR/

After that launch SteamVR and make sure you get into the House - it may take time to load. After that go into DCS and click the gear and then the VR Tab and enable VR. After that go into the controllers tab and bind a key for Recenter VR (defaults to KP5). Then restart and go fly.

The wheel on my mouse does nothing.

I've installed Steam, Steam VR and WMR for Steam.

I launch Steam VR, I'm in the house. I hit Windows+Y, but my mouse is always on my desktop.

I launch DCS, It opens up in a weird format, but my VR Headset only shows the house and my mouse can no longer switch back and forth using Window+Y since installing Steam.

While my Hand Controllers are "connected", I've never got them to work or do anything.

IMG_5379.thumb.jpg.f5eaf027ed6510c31becdd3d2d9e13d9.jpg

Fair warning, once you do get in there it'll look like crap until you get your frame rate up. To accomplish that you'll need to turn things down much further than you're expecting if you're like a lot of us. Don't worry, it's normal.

Fair warning, once you do get in there it'll look like crap until you get your frame rate up. To accomplish that you'll need to turn things down much further than you're expecting if you're like a lot of us. Don't worry, it's normal.

So far I'm stuck in this house and I can't move around or do anything in it.

How the f*ck are there no simple Step by Step directions with Samsung Odyssey, Steam, Steam VR, Windows Mixed Reality or DCS to get this up and running?

IMG_5380.thumb.jpg.764f00f83a62fe646c2cfcc9785a8a39.jpg

When Mixed Reality Portal opens simply minimize it to the tool tray and launch the sim.

You can switch control of your mouse between headset and desktop by pressing Win+Y.

If you want to use your Odyssey+ (smart purchase BTW) in Steam you'll need to download Steam VR For Mixed Reality - https://store.steampowered.com/app/719950/Windows_Mixed_Reality_for_SteamVR/

To access settings open Windows Settings and you'll see a new group called Mixed Reality. In the Display Headset tab select High performance. Also in the Headset Display tab is a button under Experience for Change. There you can make sure your headset is set to 90Hz.

Cheers

1. That doesn't work. Still in a House I can't do anything in.

2. That doesn't work either.

Have you already ticked the enable VR option within DCS like a precious poster suggested? Once you do that the game should automatically launch in your VR headset.

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk

Yes I have. In my previous picture you can see the game has launched in VR mode on my monitor and it even says DCS Ready in the little Steam VR 1.1.4 box.

I basically have two VR movies/screens/games going on at the same time. One is a House (which I am stuck in) and the Second is DCS (which I can't get to appear in my headset.)

With everything off (Steam, VR, WMR, etc) If I simply click on my DCS World Open Beta icon on my desktop, this is what launches and appears on my monitor. DCS in the front, House in the back. My VR headset only shows the House and I'm stuck in the middle of the room. I can swivel my head, but that is it.

IMG_5382.thumb.jpg.6e128fa9838bc4bfe7910c7ac27f46bb.jpg

Edited by mjfur

So far I'm stuck in this house and I can't move around or do anything in it.

How the f*ck are there no simple Step by Step directions with Samsung Odyssey, Steam, Steam VR, Windows Mixed Reality or DCS to get this up and running?

Just google "setup steamvr odyssey" and you'll get step by step instructions.

LIke this one that has the four steps needed:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/mixed-reality/enthusiast-guide/using-steamvr-with-windows-mixed-reality

"Set up Windows Mixed Reality for SteamVR"

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yes I have. In my previous picture you can see the game has launched in VR mode on my monitor and it even says DCS Ready in the little Steam VR 1.1.4 box.

I basically have two VR movies/screens/games going on at the same time. One is a House (which I am stuck in) and the Second is DCS (which I can't get to appear in my headset.)

With everything off (Steam, VR, WMR, etc) If I simply click on my DCS World Open Beta icon on my desktop, this is what launches and appears on my monitor. DCS in the front, House in the back. My VR headset only shows the House and I'm stuck in the middle of the room. I can swivel my head, but that is it.

I have the rift not the odyssey, but you have a very strange message over there: "mirroring displays". I think that you should disable that somehow. Have you messed around there clicking on "open Display properties"? Maybe some option there is screwing what is actually displayed in the Headset

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk