forum name theft (O_O I am honored...)

i have got several emails from lock onfrums in the last few days, someone is trying to steal my account name

here is the ip number i have already got in touch with thier isp about this......

Hostname: 72.8a.5646.static.theplanet.com

ISP: THEPLANET.COM INTERNET SERVICES

IP address: 70.86.138.114

IP country: us.png United States

IP address state: Texas

IP address city: Dallas

Not sure if this helps anyone :smilewink:

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

lol, the place i get my ventrilo servers up is 70.86.18.202 but no coincidence I guess...

hehel. Same company that own that IP as well :D

Regards

Fjordmonkey

Clustermunitions is just another way of saying that you don't like someone.

I used to like people, then people ruined that for me.

What do you mean trying to steal your name?

we are getting this following message from lockon.ru

Dear -vipe-,

Your account on LockOn.ru Forums has been locked because someone has tried to log into the account with the wrong password more than 5 times. You will be able to attempt to log in again in another 15 minutes.

The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 70.86.138.114

Don't forget that the password is case sensitive. Forgotten your password? Use the link below:

http://forum.lockon.ru//login.php?do=lostpw

All the best,

LockOn.ru Forums

vipe_sig.jpg

Someone tried to hack my forum profile today

As the title suggests, I received 2 emails today telling me that my account had been locked for 15 minutes because someone had tried to log in as me 5 times with the wrong password. Admins/mods, I'll happily provide the IP address given in the email by PM (it was the same both times).

On the plus side, it did make me think I should reinstall LockOn again :)

To whoever was trying to get into my profile, go get a life man.

It happened to someone else the other day too. If you give the IP, we may discover it was the same person.

EDIT: heres the other thread http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=23778

DCS Wishlist: 1) FIX THE DAMN RIVERS!!! 2) Spherical or cylindrical panorama view projection. 3) Enhanced input options (action upon button release, etc). 4) Aircraft flight parameter dump upon exit (stick posn, attitude, rates, accel, control volume, control-surface positions, SAS bias, etc). 5) ADS-33 maneuver courses as static objects. 6) Exposed API or exports of trim position and stick force for custom controllers. 7) Select auto multiple audio devices

@ Aeroscout: Well since it's already been "named and shamed", yes, that's the same IP given in both my emails. Sorry to start a new thread on this, I'll add a "me too" post to the other one, please feel free to kill this one.

Cheers

@ Aeroscout: Well since it's already been "named and shamed", yes, that's the same IP given in both my emails. Sorry to start a new thread on this, I'll add a "me too" post to the other one, please feel free to kill this one.

Cheers

Threads merged :)

JJ

If i am correct, someone could use your username and then just type in passwords. Now what that would do would is that after 5 times it would make it seem someone is attempting to hack into your account, which they are, but i would bet that there is someone here just doing it to spook people, and to not really get into the account.

If i am correct, someone could use your username and then just type in passwords. Now what that would do would is that after 5 times it would make it seem someone is attempting to hack into your account, which they are, but i would bet that there is someone here just doing it to spook people, and to not really get into the account.

Search that IP stated in the OP on google and you'll see they've done plenty of spooking.

I tend to agree :) .

Still a nuissance to have your access closed off for 15 minutes just because some punk can think of nothing better to do with his time though.

JJ

Hostname: 72.8a.5646.static.theplanet.com

those IP address are static. it will be always same ip.

Maximus, The only real Maximus in DCS World. :music_whistling:

I am not associated to viper 33 | Maximus. he is the imposter.

It's not like someone is just sitting in front of the PC typing in usernames/passwords one after another either... these people run scripts. These hackers might be doing it just to anoy people or even practicing and testing their scripting codes for more serious stuff... you never know.

No longer active in DCS...

The feds take any hacking offense seriously nowadays. I suggest reporting it to the isp, and if it continues keep up with the isp provider. Thing is Ive never heard of such an isp in Dallas before. Comcast is the primary service provider in that area, but this could be from someone that rents a T1 landline at an apartment complex.