Training tutorials

knightal

I'm really starting to think the training tutorials are a bit of a let down.

Trying to learn about LITENING-II in the A010C training "AN/AAQ028 LITENING-II" and get to the part where I'm told to set a coordinate to "way point 4 Range" and hit China hat long, and then nothing at all. The instructor just pisses off. He still has me in auto pilot mode so surely I can't have done something wrong. Just left to fly out to sea. :mad:

So I still have no idea how to deploy this type of ordinance. Can anyone recommend some training I can follow along with? It would have been great to have in game training but I'm over this.

So anyone on YouTube that can be recommended I can follow on my laptop. Thanks.

Allan :pilotfly:

Edited by knightal

Just google A-10c lightening pod training. There are many YouTube videos out there that you can watch and try to pick up some pointers.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600

MB: B450M Pro4

RAM: 16Gb DDR4

SSD: 500GB

GPU: MSI GTX 1070 8GB

YouTube is your answer.

There are several really great playlists you should add...

-Ralfi’s idiot guide to DCS (by Ralfidude)

-On the range tutorial series (by Bunyap Sims)

Start with those. Also, lots and lots of reading...

-The 600+ page manual

-The A10C Guide by Chuck

-DCS A-10C Expanded HOTAS Function Listing by Topgun505

All great stuff.

The A-10C is a sim, not a game, so don’t expect anything to be easy. You’ll have 1 hour of flying for every 1 hour of learning...if you’re lucky.

My DCS Missions: Band of Buds series | The End of the T-55 Era | Normandy PvP | Host of the Formation Flight Challenge server

Supercarrier Reference Kneeboards

IRL: Private Pilot, UAS Test Pilot, Aircraft Designer, and... eh hem... DCS Enthusiast

YouTube is your answer.

There are several really great playlists you should add...

-Ralfi’s idiot guide to DCS (by Ralfidude)

-On the range tutorial series (by Bunyap Sims)

Start with those. Also, lots and lots of reading...

-The 600+ page manual

-The A10C Guide by Chuck

-DCS A-10C Expanded HOTAS Function Listing by Topgun505

All great stuff.

The A-10C is a sim, not a game, so don’t expect anything to be easy. You’ll have 1 hour of flying for every 1 hour of learning...if you’re lucky.

Thanks for the list. Defiantly have to agree with the "1 hour of flying for every 1 hour of learning" Bit more like 1 hour flying 3 hours learning.

Regards

Allan :pilotfly:

• 2 weeks later...

My suggestion....pick a subject and go to YouTube, click that off the list and go to the next subject of interest. Don't want to demean the DCS training videos but they're really not as good as what you'll find on YT.

Asus B85 Pro Gamer - 32GB - Intel® Core i5-4460 CPU - SanDisk SDSSDXPS480G -Windows 10 Pro 64-bit - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070

TrackIR5 - TM Warthog HOTAS Stick & Throttle - TM Cougar MFCDs - TM TPR Rudder Pedals - Razer Orbweaver - SoundBlasterX G5 DAC

My suggestion....pick a subject and go to YouTube, click that off the list and go to the next subject of interest. Don't want to demean the DCS training videos but they're really not as good as what you'll find on YT.

They are not training 'videos'. They are lessons with an instructor that interact with your input. You have time to review his instructions and implement them as you go along.

Sure, there are some hiccups on the way, but they are, in my opinion, invaluable to learning each aspect of modules.

YT tutorials are all well and good, but are not a real substitute.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box