Jester AI - damage model

ET22RULZ

I think you meant to ask 'can the RIO be injured or incapacitated in any way?'

In which case - I don't know.. fairly sure it's been asked before, but I'm sorta doubtful that the DCS damage model allows for pilot injuries in the way a certain WW2 sim does. I just don't think that shrapnel is modelled to detect specific fragments and whether or not they would penetrate the cockpit.

- i7-7700k

- 32GB DDR4 2400Mhz

- GTX 1080 8GB

- Installed on SSD

- TM Warthog

DCS Modules - A-10C; M-2000C; AV8B; F/A-18C; Ka-50; FC-3; UH-1H; F-5E; Mi-8; F-14; Persian Gulf; NTTR

I think you meant to ask 'can the RIO be injured or incapacitated in any way?'

In which case - I don't know.. fairly sure it's been asked before, but I'm sorta doubtful that the DCS damage model allows for pilot injuries in the way a certain WW2 sim does. I just don't think that shrapnel is modelled to detect specific fragments and whether or not they would penetrate the cockpit.

Your copilot and door gunners in the Huey can be killed. They slump over in the seats and don’t shoot / aim their guns. Jester would be infinitely more complicated but I think the mechanics of it are there.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D / Asus Crosshair VI Hero X370 / Corsair H110i / Sapphire Nitro+ 6800XT / 32Gb G.Skill TridentZ 3200 / Samsung 980 Pro M.2 / Virpil Warbrd base + VFX and TM grips / Virpil CM3 Throttle / Saitek Pro Combat pedals / Reverb G2

Your copilot and door gunners in the Huey can be killed. They slump over in the seats and don’t shoot / aim their guns. Jester would be infinitely more complicated but I think the mechanics of it are there.

And so does the pilot. If you fly the Huey as the pilot and get killed, you have to continue flying as the copilot (provided he is still alive). Getting killed inside the cockpit is actually the number 1 reason I get shot down, as it often happens to me that I get shot dead in the cockpit, while the aircraft is still fine. It happened to me in other aircraft as well, although it's less likely to happen than it is in the Huey. So this would be possible for the Tomcat as well, if Heatblur decides to do so.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg