F-14 & rudder pedals

Hummingbird

... I would also recommend the Thrustmaster T.Flight Rudder Pedals. ...you might end up crushing your balls every now and then. The workaround is simple though...

*snip snip* ??

Seems a little pricey for some cheap rudder pedals :lol:

Seriously I need rudder pedals and these look like the best option for my under desk space and price point.

If you are able to spend more than 150€ definitively crosswinds. I missed my Saiteks not a minute and the crosswinds will fullfill all needs perfectly.

i9 9900K @ 5,0GHz | 1080GTX | 32GB RAM | 256GB, 512GB & 1TB Samsung SSDs | TIR5 w/ Track Clip | Virpil T-50 Stick with extension + Warthog Throttle | MFG Crosswind pedals | Gametrix 908 Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...
Best consumer grade pedals? Slaw RX Vipers

Best consumer value? MFG Crosswinds

Somewhere in the middle? Thrustmasters

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can vouch for the slaw pedals. Best by far, but you do need the damper. I hated my tm tpr pedals.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Thrustmaster TPR! I had mine delivered about three weeks ago as an upgrade from the Saiteks. Total game changer. My only regret is I didn't order them at release.

They're $500 on Amazon Prime and I have no issues using them in any module (including the F14).

i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra 11Gb vRAM

I should mention why I didn't care for the TM TPR pedals, and actually preferred the cheaper Saitek ones at the time. though the tpr pedals are MUCH smoother than Saitek, the movement path is yuck. They "scoop" in their motion. They don't push straight forward, they push down then scoop up. Feels horrible, especially compared to the slaw pedals.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

If you're going to spend $500, what's a few hundred more to get the Slaw Viper RX pedals? Definitely worth the upgrade, coming from someone who has been on the Saitek, TM, Slaw path

I thought hard about the Slaws, but I couldn't stomach wiring that amount of money direct to an off-shore back account and possibly not see my product for 6 months or more depending on when they decide to go on vacation, sickness, etc. I know there is no history of issues, but one illness or family issue could change that in such a small operation. Call me impatient, but having my pedals delivered the day after I ordered them was magical.

I should mention why I didn't care for the TM TPR pedals, and actually preferred the cheaper Saitek ones at the time. though the tpr pedals are MUCH smoother than Saitek, the movement path is yuck. They "scoop" in their motion. They don't push straight forward, they push down then scoop up. Feels horrible, especially compared to the slaw pedals.

I noticed this when I first tried them out of the box. I barely, if ever, notice now when in the game. The sliding action of the MFGs or Saiteks have never felt natural since I'm a private pilot IRL. I immediately felt right at home with the TPRs.

i9-9900K@5GHz, 32GB RAM, RTX2080Ti FTW3 Ultra 11Gb vRAM

That's exactly why I like mine.

have MFG at home, and really like them, but ordered TPR pedals since they have the "heels on the ground" design which i am used to in my daily business.

i should be able to pick them up later today from my post office...i am really curious how they will compare to the MFG pedals.

I thought hard about the Slaws, but I couldn't stomach wiring that amount of money direct to an off-shore back account and possibly not see my product for 6 months or more depending on when they decide to go on vacation, sickness, etc. I know there is no history of issues, but one illness or family issue could change that in such a small operation. Call me impatient, but having my pedals delivered the day after I ordered them was magical.

Just a short notice on this one: I've ordered my Slaws beginning of March and was told that the delivery time is around two months at the moment. So should be May for me. Ordered means: I wrote an email and got a response that I'm on the waiting list. I didn't have to pay anything until now and will be informed once the pedals are ready for shipping. Then I'll have to pay via bank Transfer or PayPal (+5% PayPal fee).

Just as a side note that you don't have to pay in advance for several months and if you don't feel comfortable with wiring money to an offshore bank you now have the possibility to pay via PayPal.

Modules and maps: all of them :doh:

Specs: ASUS ROG STRIX Z370-I, Intel i7-8086K@4.9GHz, 32GB Corsair Vengance RAM, Nvidia RTX 2080 FE, 2x1 TB Samsung EVO 970 M.2, WIN10 64bit, HP Reverb

Thrustmaster TPR! I had mine delivered about three weeks ago as an upgrade from the Saiteks. Total game changer. My only regret is I didn't order them at release.

They're $500 on Amazon Prime and I have no issues using them in any module (including the F14).

+1.

I had the TFRP pedals, which for £70 were great, but the TPRs really are game changers. I love the pendular motion instead of the usual unnatural central rocker arrangement.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Well I'm very pleased with the game accept I can not map my Thrustmaster TPR Pendulum Rudder System to the F-14. I have to use the coolie switch on my HOTAS WARTHOG for my rudder and brakes. Is there anyone out there with the same problem that maybe using the TPR Pendlum Rudder System. It's very disturbing to me that I have one of the most expensive rudder systems out there and I can't use it. Is there anyone that can help me? Thanks in advance.:joystick:

I know this is an old post, but I was wondering if you got that all sorted out. I have no issues with the TRPs in DCS. Literally just plugged them in and they were ready to go!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Good points SouthPaw. I did order my slaw pedals from Ebay, so didn't have the typical wait time, but some inherent risk in the product and delivery - I got lucky. My tpr order took 2 days from Amazon, big plus - definitely agree with you. I guess the feel of the rudders is a subjective thing, maybe they're closer to the real thing than my reference from a virtual pilot experience. The slaws with a damper feel so dang good. But I just saw a video of someone jimmy-rigging a damper onto the tpr pedals. I wonder how that would improve things, especially for those that already like the tpr pedals?

Well I'm very pleased with the game accept I can not map my Thrustmaster TPR Pendulum Rudder System to the F-14. I have to use the coolie switch on my HOTAS WARTHOG for my rudder and brakes. Is there anyone out there with the same problem that maybe using the TPR Pendlum Rudder System. It's very disturbing to me that I have one of the most expensive rudder systems out there and I can't use it. Is there anyone that can help me? Thanks in advance.:joystick:

See this thread: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=235194

I had the same problem with slaw pedals. Thought it was an f14 issue. It can be resolved on your end. Delete all the input config files from your f14 folder in saved games. Rebind from scratch, start with rudder. In my case, there was an issue with one of my modifiers.