2.5.4 Low FPS then sudden improvement

Deano87

Hi all.

I fly in VR, I have a good enough computer for the settings that I'm pushing.

Ever since the last Open Beta patch I've been experiencing low FPS for some indeterminate period at the beginning of the flight. It mainly happens in reasonably sized online scenarios but I will have sub-45 fps stutters and double-vision for 15-20 mins and then pop, suddenly the FPS is back up to where it should be and things are silky smooth. Its really weird. It doesn't seem related to whats going on on-screen at all. Seems to be some background issue. Nothing happens in the mission at that time to reduce the load and if I leave the server, close DCS, open DCS back up and join the server again I have the same stutters again, and I have to wait a while again for them to clear. Its all very odd..

Am I the only one experiencing this?

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

I have seen this on the PG map SP but not on the other maps (yet) I have only been on the Caucasus in MP since 2.5.4.but apart from the odd lag event it seems okay.

One thing I had to update my nVidia driver after updating to 2.5.4 although for me the driver was causing other random dropouts and the occasional DCS crash.

Although I do get the odd freeze frame which I haven't been able to find the cause of it, CPU usage normal and GPU usage well under 100% when it happens and FPS stays at 45FPS.

Maybe check with task manager and see if there is any correlation to either high GPU or CPU usage.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

+1

+1

• CPU : Intel i7 8700k@5.0ghz cooled by Noctua NH-D15 / Motherboard:Asorck Z370 Taichi / RAM: 32GB GSkill TridentZ @3600mhz / SSD: 500GB Nvme Samsung 970 evo+1 TB Sabrent Nvme M2 / GPU:Asus Strix OC 2080TI / Monitor: LG 34KG950F Ultrawide / Trackir 5 proclip/ VIRPIL CM2 BASE + CM2 GRIP + F148 GRIP + 200M EXTENSION /VKB T-Rudder MKIV rudder /Case: Fractal Design R6 Define black

+1

Intel i7-8700k Coffee Lake@stock

G.Skill TridentZ RGB 32GB (2x16) 3200MHz

ASUS ROG STRIX GTX 1080 Ti

Maximus X FORMULA Z370 BIOS 1401

NZXT Kraken x62

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 500GB (OS)

SAMSUNG 970 EVO M.2 2280 1TB (Games)

Corsair AX1200i 1200 Watt

Cooler Master HAF X

HOTAS Warthog | VKB MCG Pro GunFighter Mk. II | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR 5

Heatware

+1

Although strangely this doesn’t happen in the Hornet. It does with the Mirage and Harrier though on PG & NTTR...although strangely not on Caucasus.

Weird...

i7 8700k @ 5.0ghz. Strix GTX1080Ti. 32GB RAM @ 3600. 2x Hyper X SSD’s with DCS on one. Oculus Rift S. Asus PG278-QR. Liquid Series PC with liquid CPU and GPU cooling.

Since the last open beta update I've had a steady loss of around 30 fps on average. Beforehand I used to have an average of 60 and above with my current settings, but since this update mu average is around 30 and 40 fps (strangely enough, it still runs smooth at those fps somehow, when flying).

Sometimes, when flying Nap of the Earth the fps hits extreme low (under 20) and starts stuttering. The faster you are going, the more stutters.

I've talked with couple of other people and seems like a common thing is that we all have 10 series nVidia cards. Even a person with a 1080ti said he was experiencing the same thing. I got a 1070.

What information should I provide ?

i5-3570K @ 4.5Ghz;

GTX 1070;

16GB of RAM;

DCS is on a Samsung 860 Evo SSD;

Playing at 1080p;

rHI3l9J.png

Game run perfectly fine and smooth before the last open beta

Edited by Shadow KT

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

I'm having the same problem. When loading into the cockpit, my fps falls to 25 for about half a minute and then it goes back to normal. The same happens when I go into external or map view and return to cockpit view.

i7 8600k @ 4.8ghz, 64gb Ram, SSD, 1080ti FTW3 (driver 416.94)

Running 2.5.4.25729 OpenBeta

3440x1440 locked at 60fps for trackIR 5

Intel i7-8700k @ 4.8Ghz

H100i v2

MSI Z370 Gaming M5

Corsair Dominator DDR4 64GB (4x16GB) 2400MHz

EVGA 1080TI FTW3

ADATA XPG SX8200 240GB (Win10)

SAMSUNG 850 SSD (DCS & Saved Games Folder)

EVGA SuperNOVA 1200 P2, 80+ PLATINUM 1200W

Phanteks Enthoo Pro

HOTAS Warthog

CH Pedals

TrackIR 5 w/Delan Clip Fusion

Logitech FSP

Gametrix Jetseat kw-908/Buttkicker 2

• 2 weeks later...

I'm noticing a performance hit myself when low among the trees. trk file provided. I used to get away with 2.0 pixel density with the odyssey with a minimum of 45fps. I had to lower it to 1.6 with the odyssey to stay above 45fps using the latest version of 2.5.4 and this track file. Can't say for sure if this started with the patch on the 16th or the latest nvidia driver, or perhaps even something between steamVR 1.1.4 and 1.2.7 I've adjusted various settings in nv control panel as well as in game, ran a dcs repair. Unsure what gives.

FPS is fine until I start looking at the trees or flying inverted above them.

Can post screenshot of my settings if needed, but would be nice to know if others are seeing a significant sudden framedrop.

fpshittrees.trk

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.