In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

1 minute ago, greyeagle787 said:

Hey Guys, I have the scratchpad version with the keyboard and for the life of me, I can't find the white Dot. I moved the scratchpad around and the map around and did not see it. Any Ideas? Thanks 

That's because it's a new feature. Go to https://github.com/rkusa/dcs-scratchpad/releases/tag/0.5.0 for the latest version, but be aware, the keyboard is not in it. That is something someone added in themselves and posted here.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hmm, just tried the new version in VR and I can't see the mod box at all!  Works OK in TrackIR.  I'm sure it's something obvious!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

38 minutes ago, imacken said:

Hmm, just tried the new version in VR and I can't see the mod box at all!  Works OK in TrackIR.  I'm sure it's something obvious!

Probably off screen in VR. Try moving it more to the center of the screen in non-VR, or removing DCS.openbeta\Config\ScratchpadConfig.lua (or deleting windowPosition from it). I'll add something to detect if the Scratchpad is off screen eventually.

Author of Scratchpad, DATIS, and maintainer of DCS-gRPC.

Fantastic mod! 

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

• 2 weeks later...
  • Coordinates are now added in the formatted best suitable for the aircraft you are sitting in, or all formats (DDM, DMS and MGRS) are added if you are a spectator, or the aircraft you are sitting in hasn't been specifically added to the Scratchpad code.

maybe this ? three formats ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Has anyone managed to get the keyboard into the latest version yet?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

10 minutes ago, speed-of-heat said:
  • Coordinates are now added in the formatted best suitable for the aircraft you are sitting in, or all formats (DDM, DMS and MGRS) are added if you are a spectator, or the aircraft you are sitting in hasn't been specifically added to the Scratchpad code.

maybe this ? three formats ?

Thx, didn't realize there was update.

I've contacted Binary to integrate the keyboard. But it will take some time.

The different versions confuses a lot of people.

• Thanks 3

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Excellent news!  Your amazing utility is not really usable in VR without the virtual keyboard, so I'm still using the older version.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, gunterlund21 said:

Im not getting all three versions of the coords. Only mgrs and 2 decimal... not 3 decimal. Is there another setting.

Figured it out. Its aircraft specific. It wll give you the format based on the jet your in. If you go in as game master you get all three... Clever

I was in Art of the Kill D#@ it!!!!

3 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

Does Hornet use MGRS?

Yes! Hornet uses both of these (DDMMSS.ss & MGRS)

• Like 1

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

8 hours ago, Taz1004 said:

I thought A10C only uses DDM and MGRS.  But it shows DMS and MGRS. 

I don't fly the A10C so I could have found the wrong information while trying to find out which format the A10 uses. I suppose that it makes sense that it is the same format as the F16 ('cause airforce) and I've looked into the manual of the A10 which looks like DDM, too.

I've updated the mod to return DDM for the A10, I'll not make a new release right away, but you can still get the latest version with the change here: https://github.com/rkusa/dcs-scratchpad/archive/refs/heads/master.zip

Btw, if anyone wants to update the formats for their favourite plane, feel free to send a pull request. The only place that needs to be updated is: https://github.com/rkusa/dcs-scratchpad/blob/master/Scripts/Hooks/scratchpad-hook.lua#L260-L271

• Like 2

Author of Scratchpad, DATIS, and maintainer of DCS-gRPC.

• 3 weeks later...

Is there a way to have the scratchpad open and still use the numpad of the keyboard to enter coordinates into the CDU?

Currently everything gets entered into the scratchpad when it is open, so I have to use the mouse to punch buttons on the actual CDU or UFC.

Thanks,

I fly an A-10C II in VR and post my DCS journey on Is your phone a YouTube Signature Device? - Gizmochina     |   Subscribe to my DCS A-10C channel   

Come check out the 132nd Virtual Wing                                   |   My 4090 VR Performance Optimization  
SYSTEM SPECS: Ryzen 7 5800X3D, RTX4090, Varjo Aero, VKB Gunfigher MKIII MCG Ultimate with 10cm extension,VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle, VPC Control Panel #2, TM TPR Rudders. 64GB RAM, W10, Gametrix Jetseat, PointCTRL (currently broken), OpenKneeboard, Wacom Intuos.

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

1 hour ago, Ready said:

Is there a way to have the scratchpad open and still use the numpad of the keyboard to enter coordinates into the CDU?

Currently everything gets entered into the scratchpad when it is open, so I have to use the mouse to punch buttons on the actual CDU or UFC.

Thanks,

Press ESC

19 minutes ago, Taz1004 said:

Press ESC

Thank you!!

132nd.Ready_Signatur.png

Or if you are still on the F10 map, click outside of the scratchpad window to shift the focus off the SP. I'm not sure if this works in the cockpit.

• Thanks 1

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Can you make it work in the ME(Mission Editor)?
It doesn't work in 0.5.0...
ME not work.png

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

The whole point of the SP is to quickly and easily grab the coordinates of a point on the map for using in-cockpit, like creating waypoints. Since the last excellent update which lets you copy the coordinates onto the SP with a single click, work has become SOOOO much easier.

But in the ME what would you do with the coordinates other than create a waypoint?

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler