In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

1 hour ago, VFGiPJP said:

Let's say I have the TM116K and wish to start the scratchpad with a button, is it possible?

If the TM116K software allows to map a button to a key combination, yes... 

image.png

That's what I do with my Tartarus...

Or you could use something like this:

https://joytokey.net/en/

(I have zero experience with it... just first result with a google search)

• Thanks 1

I use Joykey. Let me see what I can do about it. Thanks.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

17 hours ago, speed-of-heat said:

Depends on what you mean, and which Hotas you have, and it’s software, there is no way to change the keystroke to a dx button.

Not to a DX button but depending on the software used for the HOTAS you can get it to generate the hotkey on a button press (or toggle switch). Works fine.
Using Target Script here.

Edit: Oeps missed the TM116 part but should work on that i guess.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Further question, apart from copy-n-paste, is there anyway to type in something other than using the KB? Cause the kb is not very accessible in VR.

VR Flight Guy in PJ Pants -- this is how I fly. We do not fly at treetop height, we fly between trees(TM)

YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCc9BDi-STaqgWsjNiHbW0fA

My simple missions: https://forum.dcs.world/topic/284071-vr-flight-guy-in-pj-pants-simple-missions/

NSRI - National Strategy Research Institution, a fictional organisation based on wordplay of Strategic Naval Research Institution (SNRI), a fictional institution appears in Mobile Suit Gundam UC timeline.

Voice to text stuff? I don't use any so i can't recommend anything.
And even then i don't see it working with the scratch pad in this stage.

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

• 2 weeks later...

Is it possible to have Scratchpad give Lat and Long in decimal for use in the A10C2? I seem to remember an older version that showed multiple type coordinates. I'm new to Scratchpad and not sure if I'm missing something. Currently using ver 5.0.

Yes it was my modified version. I still need to merge my modifications to the original version. I'm sorry but I don't had the time to do so because of my OFS project.

• Like 1

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

43 minutes ago, Auger said:

Is it possible to have Scratchpad give Lat and Long in decimal for use in the A10C2? I seem to remember an older version that showed multiple type coordinates. I'm new to Scratchpad and not sure if I'm missing something. Currently using ver 5.0.

Once you have installed SP normally, copy the attached 'scatchpad-hook.lua' file into "..\Scripts\Hooks".

This will output all three formats regardless of which aircraft you are flying.

scratchpad-hook.lua

• Thanks 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

13 hours ago, raymondabel said:

Does scratchpad working after last OB update?   mine stop

Works fine for me.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

15 hours ago, raymondabel said:

Does scratchpad working after last OB update?   mine stop

Did you install it on savedgames/DCS.openbeta folder or in the DCS core folder?

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

1 hour ago, raymondabel said:

uninstall, reinstall then start working again.  Maybe a file got corrupted

just note that if you installed on DCS core folder it will stop working again in the next update because the file will be overwritten.

Install it in savedgames\dcs.openbeta folder.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

I've tried to merge the new verion of the original scratchpad into the version with the keyboard. But it didn't work.

I'll try to go the other way and add the keyboard to the new version. But this will take time.

So at the moment you have to choose: old version with keyboard or new one without.

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 3 weeks later...

Works perfectly for me - Oculus Rift CV1.

If you want to be helped, you will have to describe what doesn't work. Just saying "For me it does not work" tells nothing.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

1 hour ago, slowmover said:

For me it does not work in VR. Has anyone this problem?

Did you install it correctly in the saved games directory?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

YOUTUBE CHANNEL: @speed-of-heat

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

• 1 month later...

At 2D the mod is working. The problem is at VR whne i connect my G2. I can not see the mod.
Installed at: C:\Users\Admin\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

i pressed Ralt+Enter and it worked

Edited by slowmover

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Haven't used this mod for some time since the virtual keyboard went. Has anyone managed to get that keyboard back yet?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

The keyboard?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box