In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

Why is it not possible to get the virtual keyboard back? I can’t see that this is useful in VR without it. 

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Do you guys use touch typing from memory for VR when using this mod?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

I have a keypad, My Razer Tartus, which i can use to type the numbers into pretty fast 

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

23 minutes ago, Draken35 said:

Nope... There is no keyboard near me in my setup... I use the old version of the mod, the one with the keyboard...

Ah, do you mean the one I posted here?  If so, why isn't everyone using this?  Sorry, I think I've missed something recently.

I just tried it, and it still works OK for me.  Well, on monitor anyway, haven't tried VR yet.

I#ve added some stuff to it and uploaded it here (see a later post of me).

I've tried to merge the keyboard in the newest version, but my lua mojo is not strong enough to get it working. 🙂

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Thanks for that. I think your link is missing to the file.

18 hours ago, slowmover said:

At 2D the mod is working. The problem is at VR whne i connect my G2. I can not see the mod.
Installed at: C:\Users\Admin\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scripts

i pressed Ralt+Enter and it worked

That is WAD (Works As Designed). It ALWAYS starts hidden, the same as the kneeboard.

After using it--generally to record coordinates for putting them into the NAV computer--I always hide it again.

Why would I want it up all the time? it would just obstruct my vision.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

1 hour ago, imacken said:

Ah, do you mean the one I posted here?  If so, why isn't everyone using this?  Sorry, I think I've missed something recently.

I just tried it, and it still works OK for me.  Well, on monitor anyway, haven't tried VR yet.

Yes, that one... Didn't realize that it was you who posted it 😄 until now... Belated thanks!

As for why is not used more? Dunno, but I will venture that it is, perhaps, not easy to find.

Well, I can't get it to work any more in VR!  Works OK on monitor, but I can't get any display up at all in VR.  i have tried centring it on monitor and then trying VR. but no luck.  I just seem to get a white cross when I hit the hotkey.

Any ideas?

1 hour ago, imacken said:

Well, I can't get it to work any more in VR!  Works OK on monitor, but I can't get any display up at all in VR.  i have tried centring it on monitor and then trying VR. but no luck.  I just seem to get a white cross when I hit the hotkey.

Any ideas?

Try deleting th cfg file?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

What's the cfg file called?  Can't see one relating to the scratchpad mod.

OK, got it.

It seems that if I move it out of the left hand third of my monitor screen, then it doesn't show in VR. So, i have to keep it in that third which is a bit of a pain!

On 4/10/2022 at 5:30 PM, Captain Orso said:

That is WAD (Works As Designed). It ALWAYS starts hidden, the same as the kneeboard.

After using it--generally to record coordinates for putting them into the NAV computer--I always hide it again.

Why would I want it up all the time? it would just obstruct my vision.

I think you did not understand what i was meaning. I had problem with it. At 2D it was working great. At VR i could not see it. I was pressing Ctrl+Shift+X and nothing. And somewhere in old post a guy said to use RAlt+Enter. I tryed this and work in VR. I do not leave it open all time just only when i want to write something

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

4 hours ago, slowmover said:

I think you did not understand what i was meaning. I had problem with it. At 2D it was working great. At VR i could not see it. I was pressing Ctrl+Shift+X and nothing. And somewhere in old post a guy said to use RAlt+Enter. I tryed this and work in VR. I do not leave it open all time just only when i want to write something

Oh, sorry. I misunderstood you.

Glad you got it working.

• Like 1

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, A.F. said:

Hi,
In my Saved Games folder I already have a folder called "Scripts".
This is for SimShaker.

So how can I install Scratchpad?

Install it into the existing scripts folder...

• 4 weeks later...

So I combined Beerider's keyboard and Binary's newer scratchpad code into the ugliest hack ever.  I was inspired by Cap Orso's hack to output all three formats all the time.  It appears to be working on my system.  I will upload it here for testing.  No guarantees it will work for you.  I am not a LUA coder.

SORRY...the scratchpad always starts visible.  If you decide to just uncomment the hide() function, the entire lua script may not load (it didn't for me...)

Use keyboard CTRL SHFT X to close.

I recommend assigning a button to Ctrl Shift X to open and close the scratchpad in VR

The little X is for closing the scratchpad in VR if you want to do it with the mouse or VR head movement

Use the checkbox (second row right side of the keyboard) to bring up the white dot during F10 map

Escape will release the cursor from the text area

This files are in \Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scratchpad\0000.txt

Let me know if it works for you...

scratchpad-hook_ifly53e.rar

• Thanks 1

All I can say is that it works nicely for me. Well done!

btw, is there a way to get lower case letters? Just wondering. 

On 5/27/2022 at 11:49 PM, Thumbs said:

So I combined Beerider's keyboard and Binary's newer scratchpad code into the ugliest hack ever.  I was inspired by Cap Orso's hack to output all three formats all the time.  It appears to be working on my system.  I will upload it here for testing.  No guarantees it will work for you.  I am not a LUA coder.

SORRY...the scratchpad always starts visible.  If you decide to just uncomment the hide() function, the entire lua script may not load (it didn't for me...)

I recommend assigning a button to Ctrl Shift X to open and close the scratchpad in VR

The little X is for closing the scratchpad in VR if you want to do it with the mouse or VR head movement

Use the checkbox (second row right side of the keyboard) to bring up the white dot during F10 map

scratchpad-hook_ifly53e.rar 10.07 kB · 9 downloads

for me, it is working fine ins SP but the +L/L is missing in MP

• 2 weeks later...

Am 28.5.2022 um 05:49 schrieb Thumbs:

scratchpad-hook_ifly53e.rar 10 kB · 12 Downloads

Hi...

Just tried that mod, but for me it looks like this. There is no window, where the actual writing appears and the keyboard appears to be cut off on the top? Any suggestions?

EDIT: Using an HP G2.

IMG_7457.jpeg

Edited by Phantom711

vCVW-17 is looking for Hornet and Tomcat pilots and RIOs. Join the vCVW-17 Discord.

image.png

• 1 month later...
On 5/27/2022 at 11:49 PM, Thumbs said:

scratchpad-hook_ifly53e.rar 10.07 kB · 21 downloads

anyupdate to make it work on Multi players?

• 2 weeks later...