In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

29 minutes ago, imacken said:

It is difficult to know why there are these fundamental differences. For me, that file overrides anything that is in the one you guys use. 

I do have that file as well. I thought it must get generated when Scratchpad is first run taking the config values from the other Lua files. Odd that when I swapped out the Scratchpad-Hook.Lua file when I updated from ScratchPad to the Extensions version, it took the Hotkey from the Hook.lua file as I needed to use the default, vs. taking it from the Config file that would have been there already with my edited Hotkey, which I would have expected since that is the one YOU are editing so it must be persistent.

Edited by Recluse

Played around with different versions and a combination of those.
Latest version 0.61:
- Works including the F-10 map but nothing of the stuff in the Extensions folder show up, no matter where i put these, so no keyboard, no sitrep, no clear.

Version 0.50 (Github):
- Works with working keyboard (integrated into scratchpad-hook / scratchpadwindow).

Version ilfy53e (from somewhere in this topic):
- Works with working keyboard (integrated into scratchpad-hook / scratchpadwindow).

Files (both hook.lua and window.dlg) are all of different sizes in each version and when compared there are quite a bit of differences in each.

Then i ran combinations of the 3, either the hook or the window file but then nothing works, no scratchpad at all.
Then i ran scratchpadplus solo (removed everything else) because it also contains the same files, hook and others, no scratchpad at all.

@imacken: could zip up your currently hooks and scripts folder and include the scratchpadconfig.lua from inside the Config folder and PM me this?
I'm just curious if there are any differences with what i have, what makes the extensions works on your version and not on mine?

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

2 hours ago, Lange_666 said:

@imacken: could zip up your currently hooks and scripts folder and include the scratchpadconfig.lua from inside the Config folder and PM me this?
I'm just curious if there are any differences with what i have, what makes the extensions works on your version and not on mine?

Happy to do that, but the standard download of the extension version linked to above works for me, so try that. I've attached the Config file.

ScratchpadConfig.zip

@Lange_666just sent my Scripts folder to you on PM.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

20 minutes ago, icemaker said:

Looking into scratchpad logs found this : [...] \Extensions\KeyBoard_AZERTY.lua"]:13: attempt to call global 'addRow' (a nil value) 

It seems that addrow function has been removed from Scratchpad, this function is used to add keyboard lines.

I'm not seeing that.  I don't have anything relating to AZERTY in my install.  I use a QWERTY lua, but the point is that the standard keypad.lua doesn't work for people here. So, not sure.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

1 hour ago, imacken said:

Happy to do that, but the standard download of the extension version linked to above works for me, so try that. I've attached the Config file.

ScratchpadConfig.zip 316 B · 0 downloads

@Lange_666just sent my Scripts folder to you on PM.

Thanks for that, just tried without the config file, your version works including Keyboard (changed it already to an azerty layout), CLR (not needed since it's included in the keyboard) and sitrep.
Didn't use the config file since it worked without.
Now... why does your version work and the latest 0.61 doesn't show keyboard, clr and sitrep?.
One thing i already know is that the keyboard file i used doesn't work on your version either.
But that's not all because now also SitRep and CLR works so the problem lies somewhere else.
I'm gonna check the hook.lua and window.dlg against each other because they (version 0.61) differ in size then yours.

Edited by Lange_666

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

@imacken:
Found the difference already, the hook file you use contains an extension part in the code, the 0.61 version from Github doesn't (just did another download to be sure). Hence the difference in filesize, yours 28KB, 0.61 is only 20KB.
There are more differences then just the extension part but that one is the major difference.
I'm gonna use the one you currently use.

Edited by Lange_666

On 10/29/2022 at 10:00 AM, Binary said:

(The experimental extensions branch has also been updated: https://github.com/rkusa/dcs-scratchpad/archive/refs/heads/extensions.zip )

This is the one I use.

I tried that one but with the keyboard file that doesn't work so i thought that that version didn't work. Now i know that the problem was the keyboard file for that version.
The non extension version (0.61) does not work with any keyboard file.

Personal opinion: The different versions and options (made by various people) make it messy if you get stuff mixed up.

Well, all I can say is that I use that download straight except for adding a qwerty keyboard and it all works ootb!

6 hours ago, imacken said:

Well, all I can say is that I use that download straight except for adding a qwerty keyboard and it all works ootb!

Except I did that...exactly.. and it doesn't work for me. Neither the keypad.lua from the download nor the QWERTYKEYBOARD.lua

Just re-downloaded it, removed the other Scratchpad/Hooks folders installed again and tried again No joy with either of the extensions.  I also wiped the config.lua and allowed it to be re-created.

LOL.. we always want what we can't have.  I was perfectly happy with the normal ScratchPad functionality, and then ScratchPadPlus added another step forward. Now I am pursuing the next shiny object!

Edited by Recluse

Correcting the files? What do you mean?

Stating the obvious, but we still have not solved why it works perfectly ootb for some people and not some others here. 

7 minutes ago, icemaker said:

removed addrow function and corrected the insert lines.

feel free to compare new files with old ones

Unfortunately still doesn't work for me. Maybe some competing Mod??  At one point I installed Open Kneeboard 0.3 and I have DICE installed. Wonder if that makes a difference? I had files from both of them in the HOOKS folder (but I did try removing them and only leaving ScratchPad related HOOK files.

I just dropped in the new QWERTY Keyboard @icemaker just posted.. and I still don't see it  😞

I must be doing SOMETHING wrong. @Lange_666 did get it working, I think, by using the Extensions version vs. the 0.61 version. I still can't. Gonna try renaming my Scripts folder and creating a new one with JUST the ScratchPad extensions stuff. Stay tuned!

Edited by Recluse

Just tried to use scratchpad, no luck, is there an updated version?

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Doesn't show anything related to extension processing:

[13:38:23] Loading config file...
[13:38:23] Configuration exists...
[13:38:23] C:\Users\bobtu\Saved Games\DCS\Scratchpad\.
[13:38:23] C:\Users\bobtu\Saved Games\DCS\Scratchpad\..
[13:38:23] C:\Users\bobtu\Saved Games\DCS\Scratchpad\0000.txt
[13:38:23] found page C:\Users\bobtu\Saved Games\DCS\Scratchpad\0000.txt
[13:38:23] Creating Scratchpad window hidden...
[13:38:23] Crosshair window created
[13:38:23] loading page C:\Users\bobtu\Saved Games\DCS\Scratchpad\0000.txt
[13:38:23] saving page C:\Users\bobtu\Saved Games\DCS\Scratchpad\0000.txt
[13:38:23] Scratchpad window created
[13:39:22] saving page C:\Users\bobtu\Saved Games\DCS\Scratchpad\0000.txt
[13:39:22] saving page C:\Users\bobtu\Saved Games\DCS\Scratchpad\0000.txt

[13:03:25] Loading config file...
[13:03:25] Configuration exists...
[13:03:25] C:\Users\*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scratchpad\.
[13:03:25] C:\Users\*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scratchpad\..
[13:03:25] C:\Users\*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scratchpad\0000.txt
[13:03:25] found page C:\Users\*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scratchpad\0000.txt
[13:03:25] Creating Scratchpad window hidden...
[13:03:25] Crosshair window created
[13:03:25] loading page C:\Users\*\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Scratchpad\0000.txt
[13:03:25] Scratchpad window created

And I will execute vengeance in anger and fury upon the heathen, such as they have not heard.

Micah 5:15

Pretty sure 0.61 doesn’t work with extensions. 

3 minutes ago, imacken said:

Pretty sure 0.61 doesn’t work with extensions. 

No not with extensions... I think @rwbishUP was late to the party and just finding out that the normal ScratchPad function of pulling coords off the map was broken in 2.8

Both versions were fixed for THAT..

Edited by Recluse