In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

For those using the Keyboard version that (apparently) doesn't save the on/off state between sessions I finally took the time to dig through the LUA code to figure out how to change the default state to off (so you don't need to turn it off EVERY TIME YOU LOAD DCS).

In the Scripts\Hooks\scratchpad-hook.lua file (again this is the Keyboard version of the scratchpad provided a few pages back), uncomment the scratchpad.hide() function call at line 1478. Should look something like this when uncommented. (Turns out I don't speak/read Romanian but "sa apara ascuns" means something along the lines of "to appear hidden" according to google so this makes sense!)

scratchpad.hide()    --sa apara ascuns

The scratchpad is now hidden on load and you can bring up using the usual hot-key when you need it in cockpit.

Great! Thank you very much. :thumbup:

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

I addded this code and after (+ L/L button) I see in Scratchpad:

- "..[string " -- thanks MIST! https://github.com/mrSkortch/MissionScriptingTools/blob/master/mist.lua..."]:101: attempt to index global 'mist' (a nil value).."

I think this works only if the mission includes the MIST framework.

This one works for me:

local alt = round(land.getHeight({
               x = mark.pos.x,
               y = mark.pos.z
           }), 0)
           -- result = result .. "\n" .. tostringLL(lat, lon, 2, true) .. "\n" .. tostring(alt) .. "m, " .. mark.text .. "\n"
           local altft = round(alt * 3.28, 0)
           result = result .. "\n" .. tostringLL(lat, lon, 2, true) .. "\n" .. tostring(alt) .. "m/" .. tostring(altft) .. "ft, " .. mark.text .. "\n"
       end
       return result

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

kaltokri писал:
This one works for me:

Works fo me too thumbup.gif

And more....

Сoordinates of all currently existing mark points transmit to Scratchpad in DDMMSS.ss format (like 24° 15' 35.36"). Is it posiible add DDMM.mmm cordinates format (like 24° 15.589') for F-16 ?

DDMM_mmm.jpg.3ae5caf3ee25506a90d2ab16ba686972.jpg

Edited by SMN

Окурок, выброшенный в урну, гораздо патриотичнее флажочка на автомобиле

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

How do I get the scratchpad to be present in DCS each time I run the sim?

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

Falcon XT/AT/3.0/4.0 | LB2 | DCS | LOMAC

Been Flight Simming Since 1988!

Useful VR settings and tips for DCS HERE

How do I get the scratchpad to be present in DCS each time I run the sim?

I don’t understand, installing it in the saved games directory mean that it is present in the game each time you run the sim? Press ctrl shift x ?

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

What I mean with my question is how do I get it so that the little window that appears in DCS is on when I run the sim? Right now I have to turn it on each DCS session with the ctrl+shft+x keys. I just want it to stay on so it's there when I run DCS.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

derekspearedesigns.com 25,000+ Gaming Enthusiasts Trust DSD Components to Perform!

i7-11700k 4.9g | RTX3080ti (finally!)| 64gb Ram | 2TB NVME PCIE4| Reverb G1 | CH Pro Throt/Fighterstick Pro | 4 DSD Boxes

So if you use the keyboard version, it does that by default.

If you are using the standard version, you would have to edit out the lua file

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4436973&postcount=221

And comment out this line.

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero

Cool, based on this I edited line 388 in the necessary lua for the non-keyboard version so that the scratchpad is persistent and present upon DCS startup.

Derek "BoxxMann" Speare

I did some improvements for A-10C pilots:

- Waypoint name first.

- N / E in front of coords

- degrees, minutes, and seconds + degrees, decimal minutes

- Some additional formating

I hope you like it.

See scrennshots for preview and attached file if you want to use it.

PS: I try to contact the original author if he can implement the changes to the original mod, so we have only one version to maintain and enhance.

scratchpad-hook.lua

Screen_200808_114139.jpg.368ac4c9eccd0e18a50067d046dab0d7.jpg

- Waypoint name first.

I hope you like it.

PS: I try to contact the original author if he can implement the changes to the original mod, so we have only one version to maintain and enhance.

Wow! that is a really nice addtion!

- Waypoint name first.

I hope you like it.

Does not work (not open) this for me ...(after replacements "scratchpad-hook.lua") :(

With stock "scratchpad-hook.lua" - work OK

Edited by SMN

TM Wartrhog Stick + VPC MongoosT-50Base + VPC TMW Extension 150mm / TM Wartrhog Throttle / CH Pro Pedals / 2-VPC Deck Mount / TrackIR5/

i5-10600K Over to 5.0MHz/32GbDD4-3200/RTX4070/System-SSD1 DCS-SSD2/32" 2560x1440

Maybe both files must match together.

Here a zip file with my working version, with all files.

ScratchPad.zip

Here's a hint for both you guys:

USE VERSION NUMBERS!! :music_whistling:

That way you can maybe discover and announce which version of which package works with which and eliminate confusion.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

- Waypoint name first.

Hmm, how does this work?

All i can seem to do is type it like it is presented in your screenshot but then i could do that before also. Or do you get that WP1 and WP2 info directly from somewhere else? I feel that i'm missing something...:book:

Win11 Pro 64-bit, Ryzen 5800X3D, Corsair H115i, Gigabyte X570S UD, EVGA 3080Ti XC3 Ultra 12GB, 64 GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600. Monitors: LG 27GL850-B27 2560x1440 + Samsung SyncMaster 2443 1920x1200, HOTAS: Warthog with Virpil WarBRD base, MFG Crosswind combat pedals, TrackIR4, Rift-S.

Personal Wish List: A6 Intruder, Vietnam theater, decent ATC module, better VR performance!

Here's a hint for both you guys:

USE VERSION NUMBERS!! :music_whistling:

That way you can maybe discover and announce which version of which package works with which and eliminate confusion.

Version numbers are only possible if the mod comes from one source!

Not if 3 different people are hacking on it.

That's the reason I contacted the original author to add my changes to his repository: https://github.com/rkusa/dcs-scratchpad/issues/13

Sorry, that I want to share my enhancements. Maybe it is better to avoid this in future (great community :smilewink:).

Hmm, how does this work?

All i can seem to do is type it like it is presented in your screenshot but then i could do that before also. Or do you get that WP1 and WP2 info directly from somewhere else? I feel that i'm missing something...:book:

Hmm, yes, I'm confused as well.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Hmm, yes, I'm confused as well.

I added mark points on the F10 map in a single player mission like it is described in the readme of the project:

Insert Mark Point Coordinates

This is unfortunately only available for servers (the client hosting a server, or in singleplayer). If you are the server, there will be a + L/L button below the text area of the Scratchpad that can be used to automatically append the coordinates of all currently existing mark points (the mark labels that can be added in the F10 map) to the currently opened page.

Maybe both files must match together.

Here a zip file with my working version, with all files.

I inserted in my stock "scratchpad-hook.lua" this code from you "scratchpad-hook.lua"

return latHemi .. " " .. string.format('%02d',  latDeg) .. ' ' .. string.format('%02d', latMin) .. '\' ' ..  string.format(secFrmtStr, latSec) .. '"' .. '   '
               .. lonHemi .. " " .. string.format('%03d', lonDeg) .. ' '  .. string.format('%02d', lonMin) .. '\' ' .. string.format(secFrmtStr,  lonSec) .. '"'
               return latHemi .. " " .. string.format('%02d', latDeg)  .. '° ' .. string.format(minFrmtStr, latMin) .. '\'' .. '     '
               .. lonHemi .. " " .. string.format('%03d', lonDeg) .. '° ' .. string.format(minFrmtStr, lonMin) .. '\''
           -- result = result .. "\n" .. tostringLL(lat, lon, 2, true) .. "\n" .. tostring(alt) .. "m, " .. mark.text .. "\n"
           local altft = round(alt * 3.28, 0)
           result = result .. mark.text .. "\n"
           result = result .. tostringLL(lat, lon, 2, true) .. "\n"
           result = result .. tostringLL(lat, lon, 3, false) .. "\n"
            result = result .. "Elevation: " .. tostring(alt) .. "m / "  .. tostring(altft) .. "ft" .. "\n\n"

And now I have DDMM.mmm (degrees, decimal minutes) coordinates format for F-16C & elevation ft :thumbup:

Whats code needs for " - Waypoint name first" ....wp1 wp2 ?

DDMM_mmm.jpg.3ae5caf3ee25506a90d2ab16ba686972.jpg

• 1 month later...

Is anyone else having difficulty using the keyboard version ... Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, I can press a key and it's recorded, correctly the next kepress on the onscreen keyboard is not...

Can't say I'm seeing that. What is an example of things going wrong?

As an aside, how does the '+L/L' thing work?

EDIT: Never mind, I noticed the post above, so I guess it only works with MP servers.

Edited by imacken

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

No mark points yet on the Hornet?