In-Game Scratchpad Mod Available - Works Great In VR!

Fubarbrickdust

• 2 weeks later...

Can Scratch-Pad capture BRA calls and JTAC transmissions directly? Or can the player copy and paste those messages( or any part) into Scratch-Pad?

I've had this loaded in OB since pg 8 but haven't had time to play around with it till now. So I'm late to the party, but better late than never.

This is simply brilliant and free beer for the author.:thumbup: and all those contributors. You guys should get together and organize this into one mod github.

Brilliant! Just freaking awesome.

Night Ops in the Harrier

IYAOYAS

Can Scratch-Pad capture BRA calls and JTAC transmissions directly? Or can the player copy and paste those messages( or any part) into Scratch-Pad?

I've had this loaded in OB since pg 8 but haven't had time to play around with it till now. So I'm late to the party, but better late than never.

This is simply brilliant and free beer for the author. and all those contributors. You guys should get together and organize this into one mod github.

Brilliant! Just freaking awesome.

As there exists a Voice Attack profile for it you should be able to dictate that yourself. But very interesting idea. If one could redirect the sound to Voice Attack, or like a plugin, that could be awesome.

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

Is the version linked to in the first post still the latest?

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Is the version linked to in the first post still the latest?

No. I think this is the newest one:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=4448628&postcount=238

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

Thanks for that.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

Do you have reinstalled it? Checked if the Shortcut if diffenrent? Or if it is used by another command in DCS or application?

SYSTEM: Mainboard MSI MEG X570 | CPU Ryzen 7 5800X @ 4.5 GHz | RAM 64 GB @ 3200 MHz | GPU GIGABYTE RTX 4090 | 1 TB SSD | Win 10 x64

DEVICES: ASUS 27" LCD | TrackIR 5 | LukeClip | Quest 3 | PointCTRL | Virpil HOTAS | MFG Crosswind | TableMount MonsterTech

MODULES: To much to list. But I stopped buying more, because of too much bugs in e.g. A-10C(II). @ED: Fix the bugs and I spend money on modules again. Promised.

PROJECTS: OpenFlightSchool: DE / EN

• 3 weeks later...

Dumb question as I didnt see this asked in the rest of the thread...but can you save what is typed down in the scratchpad? And I mean without the need of copy pasting to notepad on desktop...I mean save the file directly when you exit. Excellent utility btw! I love it.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

Dumb question as I didnt see this asked in the rest of the thread...but can you save what is typed down in the scratchpad? And I mean without the need of copy pasting to notepad on desktop...I mean save the file directly when you exit. Excellent utility btw! I love it.
If you look in scripts\scratchpad in your Saved Games folder after you exit DCS you can find a txt-file that contains what is written in the scratchpad. Mine is usually called 0000.txt

Skickat från min D5503 via Tapatalk

Yes! All the pages you create and update in In-Game ScratchPad™ are saved on exit into 'c:\Users\user_name\Saved Games\DCS{.openbeta}\Scratchpad\'. The first page is '0001.txt' with subsequent pages being '0002.txt', 0003.txt' etc.

While DCS is not running, you may copy, move, and edit them as you wish (I recommend using 'Notepad++' as the default text editor) -- I'm not sure what happens if there is no '0001.txt' present in the Scratchpad folder when starting DCS -- which starts the In-Game Scratchpad™ scripts, but you can try it to find out -- you probably won't be injured too badly... ;)

I use this fact to implement map specific pages, depending on where I am flying. So for example I have one page with the coordinates of Persian Gulf airfields I find important. If I'm going to fly in a PG mission, I simply slip that page into the Scratchpad folder and adjust the names as required. You can think of it as a kind of quick-kneeboard-extension.

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

So all I really need to do is just close scratchpad and it saves?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

So all I really need to do is just close scratchpad and it saves?

No, you must stop DCS. In-Game Scratchpad is based on scripts, which are hooked into DCS run by it. You cannot start nor stop In-Game Scratchpad independent of DCS, and as far as I have seen, DCS only updates the Scratchpad files when DCS itself is shutdown. Opening and closing the scratchpad window is only that. It's like minimizing and restoring a windows app.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Scratchpad is not an independent app which you start on it's own. It is scripts hooked into the DCS environment so that when DCS starts, it also loads the scratchpad scripts and runs those along with DCS'es scripts.

Therefore, you cannot shutdown scratchpad, you can only close the overlay-window. It's still running so-to-say, albeit with nothing to do. You can just as well quit your mission and stop DCS without closing the scratchpad window. It's all the same.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Scratchpad is not an independent app which you start on it's own. It is scripts hooked into the DCS environment so that when DCS starts, it also loads the scratchpad scripts and runs those along with DCS'es scripts.

Therefore, you cannot shutdown scratchpad, you can only close the overlay-window. It's still running so-to-say, albeit with nothing to do. You can just as well quit your mission and stop DCS without closing the scratchpad window. It's all the same.

I have D/L the lua file to the right place. But, I can't seem to get it and DCS to work at the same time, though. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I see that I can change the Hotkey, and wonder if it can be changed to a command in my Hornet VoiceAttack file.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

I have D/L the lua file to the right place. But, I can't seem to get it and DCS to work at the same time, though. Any idea what I am doing wrong? I see that I can change the Hotkey, and wonder if it can be changed to a command in my Hornet VoiceAttack file.

Read the README.md file. It says, "Copy the Scripts folder into your DCS Saved games folder". That means also all of its contents, and not just A lua file.

Once scratchpad is properly installed, you can set the hotkey to whatever you wish, and of course you can configure VoiceAttack to 'press' the hotkeys you have set.

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler

Read the README.md file. It says, "Copy the Scripts folder into your DCS Saved games folder". That means also all of its contents, and not just A lua file.

Once scratchpad is properly installed, you can set the hotkey to whatever you wish, and of course you can configure VoiceAttack to 'press' the hotkeys you have set.

"DCS Saved games folder" ?? I read somewhere else that Saved Games is not far enough. Like, maybe into a sub folder within Saved Games? Its own Scratchpad folder, or into the scripts folder? I'm confused.

TWC_SLAG

Win 10 64 bit, 2T Hard Drive, 1T SSD, 500GB SSD, ASUS Prime Z390 MB, Intel i9 9900 Coffee Lake 3.1mhz CPU, ASUS 2070 Super GPU, 32gb DDR4 Ram, Track IR5, 32” Gigabyte curved monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, CH Pedals, Voice Attack, hp Reverb G2.

"DCS Saved games folder" ?? I read somewhere else that Saved Games is not far enough. Like, maybe into a sub folder within Saved Games? Its own Scratchpad folder, or into the scripts folder? I'm confused.

Yes inside the saved games folder, you will find a folder labeled dcs or dcs.openbeta you will find a number of folders, including a scripts folder inside that, that is where you place the scratch pad fikes

SYSTEM SPECS: Hardware Intel Corei7-12700KF @ 5.1/5.3p & 3.8e GHz, 64Gb RAM, 4090 FE, Dell S2716DG, Virpil T50CM3 Throttle, WinWIng Orion 2 & F-16EX + MFG Crosswinds V2, Varjo Aero
SOFTWARE: Microsoft Windows 11, VoiceAttack & VAICOM PRO

1569924735_WildcardsBadgerFAASig.jpg.dbb8c2a337e37c2bfb12855f86d70fd5.jpg

Yes inside the saved games folder, you will find a folder labeled dcs or dcs.openbeta you will find a number of folders, including a scripts folder inside that, that is where you place the scratch pad fikes

Here are the files I have in the Scripts folder:

README

ScratchpadConfig

Scratchpad-Hook

ScratchpadWindow

These are all in the xxx/Saved Games/DCS.Openbeta/Scripts

And it still doesn't work. Is there too much, or not enough, there, or what? Should they all be packaged in a Scratchpad folder in Scripts?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG

Here are the files I have in the Scripts folder:

README

ScratchpadConfig

Scratchpad-Hook

ScratchpadWindow

These are all in the xxx/Saved Games/DCS.Openbeta/Scripts

And it still doesn't work. Is there too much, or not enough, there, or what? Should they all be packaged in a Scratchpad folder in Scripts?

Thanks,

One other question: The README says activate with "control+shift+X keys". Are those controls and shifts lefts or rights?

Thanks,

TWC_SLAG