Can't get wypt distance working on HUD

Razgriz

I have been getting back into the Harrier lately and the only issues I'm having are with adding waypoints through the UFC. Following Chucks guide, I create a single waypoint (WYPT 1), then go to NAV mode while on the ground and the HUD shows 0.0 nm to both WYPT 0 and to WYPT 1.

To be specific, I was doing this in the Aerobatics Online server. Spawning at Krymsk. Tried this with the INS pre-aligned and also manually aligning (INS set to saved heading only).

Then enter in the coordinates for Anapa into WYPT 1. HUD provides no navigation assistance or distance to the waypoint. However, when I fly towards Anapa, I can see it on the moving map as a circle with a dot in it.

Shouldn't the distance and bearing from my aircraft be showing up on the HUD instead of it always showing 0.0 WYPT(x)?

Are you selecting wpt 1 in EHSD using the up/down ISB on the right?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL

Yes, WYPT 1 selected. However, once I add a waypoint 1 through the UFC, back on the EHSD the waypoint selection seems to get stuck on waypoint 1.

I don't know if the aircraft doesn't know where WYPT 0 is automatically (like the hornet) or what?

Edited by Razgriz

Press mk1

Probably no flight plan

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift

I've also noticed some inconsistencies about waypoints since the Dec 20 patch.

For me, boxing TCN and then WPT again on the EHSD fixed the WP information shown on the HUD.

Also, on some missions (that come with existing waypoints), I came across a weird behavior when trying to add WPs manually. The coordinates would keep resetting to 00 00 00 (or their old value, if editing an existing WP) after pressing ENT. The only way I managed to change the existing waypoint was via TDC slew.

Press mk1

Probably no flight plan

I was going to say that ; in the EHSD page, one of the bottom buttons will be labelled MK1 ; press it to create a markpoint and therefore a flight plan.

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Press mk1

Probably no flight plan

I was going to say that ; in the EHSD page, one of the bottom buttons will be labelled MK1 ; press it to create a markpoint and therefore a flight plan.

This has fixed my issue, thank you!

Just to note, the button text for me was MK0 initially, then it incremented to MK1, MK2, etc. as I added markpoints.

This has fixed my issue, thank you!

Just to note, the button text for me was MK0 initially, then it incremented to MK1, MK2, etc. as I added markpoints.

Yeah, I noticed later after I sent. Glad you figured it out.

Aurora R7 || i7K 8700K || 2TB 7200RPM SATA 6Gb/s || 2TB M.2 PCIe x4 SSD || GTX 1080 Ti with 11GB GDDR5X || Windows 10 Pro || 32GB Dual Channel DDR4 at 2667MHz || Virpil Warbird Base || Virpil T-50 Stick || Virpil MT-50 Throttle || Thrustmaster TPR Pedals || Oculus Rift