C-101CC Practice Missions

Rudel_chw

Hello,

I'm editing a series of Practice Missions for the new C-101CC, and while they are not Tutorials, they do allow you to practice the different aspects of this training aircraft.

I've finished the Navigation Practice series, and will follow with a Weapon Practice series soon. They are 5 missions, with two variants of each: one with no wind, and another more difficult with 5 m/s wind.

6FqKSBv.jpg

You can download them here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303112/

To install these missions, just uncompress on your /Saved Games/DCS/ or /Saved Games//DCS.openbeta/ folders ... the Missions will then appear on DCS on the Missions -> User Missions menu.

As with all my current Missions, these requires use of the following Mod: VPC Airfield Equipment Mod, as I simply can't stand a bare airfield anymore :)

WVFUSbP.jpg

If you dont already have it, you can download the Mod here: https://virpil.com/en/news/58-vpc-airfield-equipment-dlya-dcs-world

Each Mission includes a custom kneeboard with the mission's briefing (also included in PDF format), and Normal & Navigation Procedures.

JYz4g1X.jpg

Y7q7Qzs.jpg

To encourage precision flying, a points score is given at the end of the Mission, after the player has landed.

24jTFtx.jpg

Hope you have fun with them, Best regards,

Eduardo "Rudel" Ahumada

Edited by Rudel_chw

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hello,

I've finished a few missions covering Air-Ground attack with Guns and Rockets. They make use of the excellent Range Script made by Ciribob, so that it is easy to check on the progress of the accuracy of your shooting, it gives immediate feedback when you attack:

feA9c1e.jpg

You can get a Report with your top 20 scores for the current sorties, using the F10 item on the communications Menu, it looks like this:

pa5Htys.jpg

As with my Navigation Missions, you need the Airfield Scenery Mod (download: https://virpil.com/en/news/58-vpc-airfield-equipment-dlya-dcs-world); plus the excellent Range Objects Mod made by the 476th Virtual Fighter Group (download: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=287 )

With this Mod I've edited a Weapons Test Range near Anapa airfield, that has three Target types: For Gun straffing, For Rocket firing and for Bomb dropping:

5xxl3IV.jpg

Here are some images taken during the editing of these Missions:

hY9OSr7.jpg

YyaJjGY.jpg

qz9DEj7.jpg

RDf8ZP2.jpg

At the end of the Mission, after you land safely back at Anapa, you get a performance report, so you can gauge your progress on the use of the Gun and Rockets:

6GFH01y.jpg

Practice make perfect, or so they say ... but it seems to be true, after practicing a bit, my accuracy improved notably, as seen on this video:

You can download these Missions here: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303166/

Currently I'm working on the Bombing practice missions, and at the end I will make a few for the Sea Eagle and Air-Air; I will post them here when they are finished.

Best regards,

Update: January 22th 2019:

Added 4 more missions to practice bombing with different types of bombs, this is the current list of Missions:

wt04HX1.jpg

I also updated the Kneeboard pages, to include the latest weapons info that Vibora provided:

lp7ZktZ.jpg

Update: January 26th 2019:

I had to ditch a Mission for practicing the use of Cluster Bombs, as I found that the range distance script didn't handle that type of Bomb. So, I added an Air-Surface Mission and an Air-Air Mission where you can practice the use of Sidewinder missile and Air-Air Gun against a group of Drones.

The download link is the same as before: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303166/

Best regards,

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
Fixed YT link

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...
I'm editing a series of Practice Missions for the new C-101CC, and while they are not Tutorials, they do allow you to practice the different aspects of this training aircraft.

I've finished a few missions covering Air-Ground attack with Guns and Rockets.

Woohoo! I know what I'm doing all day today..! Just finished the excellent full cold and dark tutorial. I really like it for the fact that it doesn't just say:

"This is the system, this is how you turn it on."

Rather, it shows you where the system is, gives you a bit of background on why it functions like it does, then goes over the reasons you test it and how to test it. Yes, it is a long tutorial, but I feel it is one of the better available because it really does teach you a bit about the airplane instead of just going through the steps. Bravo!

BeachAV8R

Thank you all for the comments .. I’m finding the bombing missions much harder than gunnery and rockets, as the CC doesnt have a telemeter for the sight and the manual doesnt provide depression tables for bombing .... so, being accurate on the CC is kind of hard, its like the F-5 but without the benefit of having depression tables.

I’m finding the bombing missions much harder than gunnery and rockets..

Most definitely. If I want to become effective, I'm going to need to do some calculations and find some angles, airspeeds, and release altitudes that will work as a baseline. I love the target range you have set up using the 476 Range Targets - super stuff. I don't know if you have NTTR, but I'd love to see that range over near Tonopah (that is my favorite airport to fly from). The grading system and points counting thing is awesome.

:thumbup:

I love the target range you have set up using the 476 Range Targets - super stuff.

Thanks a lot ... tough the credit isnt all mine, as this Range is inspired on one created by a member of "La Fundación", a spanish virtual squadron (https://universo-lf.net/)

I actually made a mistake setting up my Range: I wanted it oriented West to East magnetic, but the Mission Editor shows true orientation rather than magnetic. So, I tilted the range by 6º to compensate ... but I tilted it counter-clockwise, when it should have been clockwise.

Didn't notice the error at first on the gunnery and rocketing missions, but when I made the first bombing mission, with that long alignment row towards the target, it became obvious that I had made a mistake.

I've fixed it now, but have not uploaded the revised missions yet (I wanted to do it when I have the bombing missions ready).

Correcting them was easy because I had first created a Static Template for the Range ... so I updated the Template and then on each Mission just deleted the old Range (minus the targets, as they had triggers associated) and re-loaded the Template. I'm attaching the Template if you want to try it on one of your missions.

I don't know if you have NTTR, but I'd love to see that range over near Tonopah (that is my favorite airport to fly from).

I do have NTTR, but have no plans for now to make the Range there, as I alruady did it for Persian Gulf and that is enough desert for me :)

The grading system and points counting thing is awesome.

The hits on the targets are counted by Ciribob's awesome Script, but the grading at the end of the Mission is all mine :D

Best regards

Caucasus - Red - Target Range (by Rudel_chw).zip

PGulf - Red - Target Range (by Rudel_chw).zip

Thank you all for the comments .. I’m finding the bombing missions much harder than gunnery and rockets, as the CC doesnt have a telemeter for the sight and the manual doesnt provide depression tables for bombing .... so, being accurate on the CC is kind of hard, its like the F-5 but without the benefit of having depression tables.

You can download some tables here.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

Vibora said:
You can download some tables here.

Thanks a lot, will give them a try ... hopefully they will help me to have better accuracy with my bombing 😄 ... I'm having a blast with the little plane 🙂

Edit: Tried the 20º table .. released higher than 750ft because the aircraft picked up too much speed, still the precision was quite good:

Can't imagine doing this at 30º or 40º dive, will use the 20º table as a basis for developing a custom table for 10º dive 🙂

Best regards

Edited by Rudel_chw
Fixed video link

This little airplane with White Phosphorus rockets would be a fun little FAC in lightly defended airspace. It is maneuverable enough to spoof some IR missiles and does a good job against anti-aircraft guns like the ZSU, but you definitely have to keep the jet moving in three dimensions.

My short wish lists for this plane:

• Flare ejector
  • NVGs
  • SAB-250 Illumination bombs (the rockets are tough to position)
  • Retarded bombs
  • Sea Eagle "mad dog" launch mode or F10 map targeting

You might have to use speed brake for steep diving. I used it to create the tables, extending it partially or retracting it as required. Pitch moment when using speed brake at high speeds changes a bit so try to keep a constant amount of speed brake. I agree that the most useful setting would be 20 degrees dive at 250 kts from low altitude.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This little airplane with White Phosphorus rockets would be a fun little FAC in lightly defended airspace. It is maneuverable enough to spoof some IR missiles and does a good job against anti-aircraft guns like the ZSU, but you definitely have to keep the jet moving in three dimensions.

My short wish lists for this plane:

• Flare ejector
  • NVGs
  • SAB-250 Illumination bombs (the rockets are tough to position)
  • Retarded bombs
  • Sea Eagle "mad dog" launch mode or F10 map targeting

I take note of your suggestions.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hello,

I've added four more missions, covering different types of Bombs, here is a video I made to show how one has to first select the OBSERVER slot, to give the scripts the chance to activate, and only then select the true aircraft that you want to fly: Ground start or Air start 🙂

I know, the landing didn't went well, because I still haven't fixed the airbrakes on my Hotas 😞 so I landed a bit fast and overshoot at the end of the runway .. thankfully the aircraft didnt damage so I got the 100 point results 😄

I will not be making a mission with the cluster bombs, as they are really ineffective at the moment and the range script doesnt handle the bomblets well.

What I will do is a Mission to practice Air-Surface attacks with the Sea Eagle, and some A-A practice missions against drones, and thus bring an end to this Series, hopefully before the MiG-19 appears.

Best regards and thanks to Vibora for the depression tables 🙂

Eduardo

Edited by Rudel_chw
Fixed video link

Excellent missions, you might consider making versions for the L-39 ?

As I'm waiting for the C-101 to come to Steam I substituted in the L-39C for the C-101CC in

• C101CC – M23 – Rocket Practice 2-MK151 (by Rudel_chw).miz

and it worked really well.

I'm not sure I'll take the effort to update all the documentation/instruction to match the L-39 but they look ideal missions to refresh competencies in MP/Co-op.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to make and share these professional quality missions.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Excellent missions, you might consider making versions for the L-39 ?

Thanks a lot for your kind words, I really tried to edit Missions that would be interesting to play and at the same time provide motivation to perform better with what is essentially a primitive warplane, with no computers to help navigate or deliver weapons.

While I do own the L-39, there is already a fine training Campaign for it (not free, but only 5 bucks if purchased on a Sale) .. while for the C-101 there was very few Missions available, so it seems to me that the effort was more worthwhile if the missions were for the "gallina" (chicken) as it's called on my country's Air Force :)

I'm now finishing the last two missions, for using the Sea Eagle and the A-A weaponry, will upload them probably tomorrow and then the Series will be finished :) Here are some images from these two:

Sea Eagle:

sUtShTN.jpg

skU94A2.jpg

eWrYWaT.jpg

0EETYP3.jpg

Air-Air:

fhJXK23.jpg

od8U4S8.jpg

BLsSwn5.jpg

I'm at the moment quite interested on Razbam's MiG-19, so if the Tomcat isn't yet released I will most likely convert at least the Weapon Practice Missions for use with the MiG-19 :D

Best regards

Attempting to open missions there is an error message.

Text reading I need objects mod.

Before opening mission I downloaded and installed the objects mod?

Its showing in installed modules, just nowhere else. The mod came with no instructions so I had to guess where it went, showing as installed although that's all. I installed the mod with JMGSe

Yes, I use this scenery Mod on all my missions ... I'm sorry that it makes things harder for you, but I simply cant stand a bare airbase anymore. If it makes you feel better, the Mod needs to be installed just once.

The mod came with no instructions so I had to guess where it went, showing as installed although that's all. I installed the mod with JMGSe

There is no need to use JSGME, you just need to copy the Mod files into this path: /saved games/DCS/Mods/tech (use DCS.openbeta in case you are using that version of DCS) ... the filetree should look like this:

CJ5RwXB.jpg

Hope you can get it to run. Best regards,

Eduardo

Before opening mission I downloaded and installed the objects mod?

Its showing in installed modules, just nowhere else. The mod came with no instructions so I had to guess where it went, showing as installed although that's all. I installed the mod with JMGSe

I installed

476th Range Objects ("Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\476 Range Targets\entry.lua, etc.")

VPC Airfield Equipment ("Saved Games\DCS\Mods\tech\VPC Airfield Equipment\entry.lua, etc.")

and had a requirement warning which mods were needed when opening the mission with ME but it didn't stop me editing/running the mission using the L-39C.

Running my edited mission from "DCS>Missions>My Missions" doesn't give a requirement warning.

VPC Airfield Equipment .zip has a number of sub folders, perhaps you've installed it to deep? The default VPC folder name is "main" but I've renamed mine to something more meaning full/less generic.

Like you, I use a mod manager (JSGME) to add/remove the mods as I need.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

For the mission itself, I may be missing a moose thing. If I have to write lua's then that's a no-go.

No need to worry, Moose.lua, random AI flights, range scoring, etc. are in the .miz files.

When initially entering the observer slot, on screen messages appear to confirm the scripts are loaded, prior to changing to an C-101CC slot.

IIRC you use the F10 radio menu to call up the range but also get feedback after each pass and a Score Total after safely landing back at Anapa.

Aye, Thank you for the quick response.

That certainly put things available around the airfield's.

For the mission itself, I may be missing a moose thing. If I have to write lua's then that's a no-go.

All the scripts are within the mission file .. the only extras you may need are the Mods that I used. Please watch the video on this post, it may enlighten you on how to run the mission in a way that gives opportunity for the scripts to load:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3770562&postcount=16