C-101CC Practice Missions

Rudel_chw

Yes, Although I see what you mean about naked airfields now, I just cannot stop cluttering up the place with bits and pieces. :)

The extra objects really improve a lot the atmosphere of the airbases, but we have to be extra careful with objects placed on ramps, so that they dont affect the AI aírcrafts.

I’d love to have fuel trucks moving around, but I discarded that in favor of cleaner operation of the AI aircrafts, as I’d rather have background aircraft traffic than trucks traffic. Instead, on my Templates I placed patrol vehicles moving on the perimeter of the airbase :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Glad I stumbled across these....much more to enjoy from the Casa. I love the simplicity, and the included skins are major eye candy, can't wait to see what skins others come up with. My bombing skills are lacking without ccip, got a lot to learn on gunsight depression etc.

My bombing skills are lacking without ccip, got a lot to learn on gunsight depression etc.

I played every bombing mission more than 10 times each while editing them, so I can assure you that practice really does improve one’s scores .. I ended up using 110 depression for all the bombs, as that was accurate enough :) it’s really similar to the F-5E

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...
... except it is the range stuff. I have it placed just like the airfield stuff in same saved games/dcs/mods/tech folder. It detects the airfield stuff but not the range stuff. Not sure what I did wrong.

It's strange as the 476th Range objects are installed just like the airfield objects ... it should look like this on your Saved Games folder (mine is spanish equivalent "Juegos Guardados"):

J17Aj8r.jpg

If you cant solve it, attach your dcs.log file (at saved games/dcs/logs) to gather more info about what may be causing the problem.

Best regards

I see now there seems to have been a snafu when I moved the files seems some got lost/deleted. Will delete and download again. Thank you so much for the quick reply and helpful pic.

ETA: Missions are working great, I have had the chance to fly 1 and 2. Scored 100 and 90 (missed alt on wp2). Thought my landings on both were sloppy and a bit rough but registered as -2 and -1 so I guess I did alright.

Thank you for these they are wonderful and quite fun to fly with all the ambiance.

Edited by autopilotmp

Having a blast flying these missions and learning a lot. I think I spotted a small miscommunication on mission 3:

when you reach waypoint 4 and it acknowledges, it then tells you to turn RIGHT instead of left.

Not a big deal if you are a little more confident but I completely second guessed myself and turned right then realizing I was supposed to change heading from 080 to 030 so flew a complete circle which threw me far enough off course I missed the next waypoint. Just far enough off that I didn't get the points. Please check on this and don't hesitate to tell me i'm wrong if that's the case could be the cold meds playing tricks on my brain.

Thanks again for these missions they are great!

... I think I spotted a small miscommunication on mission 3:

when you reach waypoint 4 and it acknowledges, it then tells you to turn RIGHT instead of left.

Thanks again for these missions they are great!

Thanks a lot for calling out on this bug .. I will correct it and re-upload tonight. Glad that you are liking them :)

Edit: I've just updated the file to include a fix for the M03 mission: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303112/

Edited by Rudel_chw

• 2 months later...
Hey Rudel, would it be possible to get a version without the mod or nah?

It would be impossible to have no Mods, as DCS doesnt have built-in Targets for the Weapons Range used on most of the missions.

So far i haven't installed any mods and personally would rather avoid it unless necessary.

While there are Mods that dont work well on the current version of DCS, you are missing so much by avoiding them ... take a look, these are just a small sample of the Mods created by our fellow users:

S3UVjqY.jpg

WQk7jO9.jpg

TzAD7uE.jpg

OjbGEj4.jpg

Ozd6xbB.jpg

wzv8gZZ.jpg

e5OAMXr.jpg

j4ExOMM.jpg

wiq4JrB.jpg

B4PdvXz.jpg

... well, you get the idea :) ... hope you will reconsider your avoidance.

So, sorry but I don't intend to create bare versions of these Missions, it just doesnt appeal to me and you have to remember that I do this for fun :D

Best regards

• 4 weeks later...
Thanks a lot for calling out on this bug .. I will correct it and re-upload tonight. Glad that you are liking them :)

Edit: I've just updated the file to include a fix for the M03 mission: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/3303112/

I think he meant waypoint 3. Now WP3 tells you to turn right when you're supposed to turn left, and WP4 tells you to turn left when you're supposed to turn right.

WP4 also tells you to land on some other airfield instead of Krasnodar, which seems incorrect. The kneeboard gives you the correct info though.

I think he meant waypoint 3. Now WP3 tells you to turn right when you're supposed to turn left, and WP4 tells you to turn left when you're supposed to turn right.

WP4 also tells you to land on some other airfield instead of Krasnodar, which seems incorrect. The kneeboard gives you the correct info though.

:doh: my bad ... unfortunately, I’m on vacation, away from my PC until the 26th .. will correct this bug as soon as I can and then update this thread. Thanks a lot for letting me know.

Well, gives me time to go through the rest of them.

Mission 4, WP2 tells you to turn the wrong direction, and WP4 tells you to land at Gelendzhik instead of Sochi.

Edit: Also, in the first crosswind mission, the briefing says 5 m/s from the North, but when I asked for permission to land, tower said it was from 180, at 3/ms. Explains why I missed one of the waypoints I guess.

Edited by Rujasu

• 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Unfortunately the mod's link is dead.

Hello, sorry for the late reply .. these missions only require two mods: VPC airfield objects, and 476th target range .. just checked and both links still work, but the VPC mod requires a manual update of some files in order to be compatible with the current version of DCS:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3959911&postcount=275

Best regards.

Hello, sorry for the late reply .. these missions only require two mods: VPC airfield objects, and 476th target range .. just checked and both links still work, but the VPC mod requires a manual update of some files in order to be compatible with the current version of DCS:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3959911&postcount=275

Best regards.

Hey Rudel,

Thanks for the help. I ll give it a try.

Στάλθηκε από το Redmi 6 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Rudel thanks for these missions my only suggestion would be may 25-50 points for basic airmanship the rest for the mission objectives. Airmanship imo should always be apart of any mission’s objective get there safely, do the mission, and get home safely. I’m gonna use these missions to practice until dcs academy has an slit in the usaf phase 1 track of their academy. Thanks again I hope to learn a lot from these missions.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.

... my only suggestion would be may 25-50 points for basic airmanship the rest for the mission objectives.

On most of the weapons practice missions, 60% is awarded to the objectives and 40% to airmanship ... keep in mind that the intended audience has not yet mastered this aircraft, so in my opinion this ratio is adequate.

Best regards

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
... I was really surprised by the lack of training missions and campaign for a training jet.

Yes, it is probably the only downside of the Aviojet and one of the reasons why I started to learn the Mission Editor, so I could edit some for myself.

I've recently learned the tools to edit training missions (to highlight cockpit elements and detect the pilot's actions), so I'm now trying to edit a C-101CC Cold Start Training mission, as the one that cames with the Module is for the EB version .. I expect to have it ready within a few days :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

These missions make use of the great VPC Airfield Objects Mod by @voc. Unfortunately 2.5.6 crashed with this Mod, but I discovered that if I disabled the objects night lighting, it did work fine for daytime missions. I still hope that its author will be able to fix it and thus get the lighting back.

Here is my edited version of the Mod, in OvGME format:

https://1drv.ms/u/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hrlL6eRcl4jOLmhtpg?e=PLd5fh

Please use this version of the Mod, when you attempt to use the missions of this thread.

Best regards,

Eduardo

• Like 1