NO MORE GAME MODE!

Kokomakak

With MAC coming out soon, I would love to see ED get rid of "Game Mode" for DCS World. When I looked at the controls setup drop down menu it looks messy with an odd mix of "Real", "Sim" and "Game" setups for the controls... I wish ED could remove these. I tried but I could not detect any difference between "Game Mode" controls and "Sim" controls. The L-39 is a perfect example as it does not have a "Game"/"Sim"/"Real" controls setup... simply L-39C and L-39ZA. It's useless... I hope most here will agree with me.

Edited by Kokomakak

A simple option to hide the game mode controls settings would do the job without losing game features. With default 'not hidden' for beginners. Right?

Never used game mode and don't like the mess in the controls menu neither. But maybe someone has a use for it!?

Edited by Tom Kazansky

Never used game mode and don't like the mess in the controls menu neither. But maybe someone has a use for it!?

That's a good question. I've never encountered anyone who does have use for it.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

A simple option to hide the game mode controls settings would do the job without losing game features. With default 'not hidden' for beginners. Right?

I've encountered few people in the bugs section.But i don't know if they play for testing purposes.

:thumbup:

Mainboard: ASUS Maximus X Hero Intel Z 370

CPU: Intel Core i7-8086K @ 4.0 GHz

Memory: 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR4-3000

Graphics Card: ASUS NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 10GB

Monitor ASUS PA 329 32" @ 4K

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 256 GB

1 SSD Samsung 860 PRO 4 TB

Windows 10 - 64 V. 2004

CH Pro combatstick, throttle and pedals

IMHO, removing the game mode would be a mistake. In theory, someone could have spent hundreds of dollars/euros/whatever on DCS modules and only use the game mode. It's a huge waste of potential, and it is probably unlikely that many people would do this, but it is still a possibility. If ED then removed the game mode and told people to buy MAC instead, it would not go down too well with the users in question. If you think the whining in the VEAO subforums after the Hawk sh*t the bed was bad, just imagine what would happen if ED chose to prevent parts of their customer base from enjoying DCS by removing the game mode.

And FYI, MAC does not fully replace the low system fidelity game mode of DCS. With one exception (Caucasus), the maps are smaller, and some aircraft are unavailable.

However, decluttering the control assignment menu when game mode is deactivated seems like a good idea.

I would agree with you if the "Game Mode" flight models were decent... THEY ARE NOT AND ARE UNPLAYABLE IN THEIR CURRENT STATE... Don't believe me? try it for yourself, you will find that trim on most planes don't work and the planes behave like they are on old rusted out dented, warped, bent, nicked worn out rails.

With MAC coming out soon, I would love to see ED get rid of "Game Mode" for DCS World. When I looked at the controls setup drop down menu it looks messy with an odd mix of "Real", "Sim" and "Game" setups for the controls... I wish ED could remove these. I tried but I could not detect any difference between "Game Mode" controls and "Sim" controls. The L-39 is a perfect example as it does not have a "Game"/"Sim"/"Real" controls setup... simply L-39C and L-39ZA. It's useless... I hope most here will agree with me.

I'm with you on this one. At least they should get rid of the duplicate thing in the controls menu. It looks very messy there and quite daunting for people who are using the sim for the first time.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Game flight mode is a good feature. Please stop willing to ruin others play!

Although I never used game mode, I am with you. There is no need to eliminate game mode.

It would be a good thing if we could simply hide it with a checkbox in the settings.

If this had already been the case, nobody would have a problem with game mode.

For me the Hornet is the only plane that is suffer in "game flight mode".

Ka-50, L-39, Yak-52, F-5E-3, TF-51D is flyable with easy mode. (Despite these modes using the sim mode control profile.)

Ka-50 is very lovely in easy mode, not try to kill you with "vortex ring state".

GTX 1070 8GB, 16GB DDR3, W8.1 on SSD, DCS on another SSD

The irony of using "Game Mode" on a "High Fidelity Module"... doh.gif But I digressed because my beef is against the ludicrous listing of "Game"/"Real"/"Sim" control setups when they are pointless. Like you noticed, even in "Game Mode" they are not used. So while we could argue about the value of having a "Game Flight Mode", the odd listings in the controls setup drop down menu could be cleaned up now.

I don't mind game mode although I never use it but I wish it would be just a single button.

TICK and all the rudder assists, easy take offs and etcetera would go On... Untick it and all should go off. That would help with initial setup at least. It's a pain to have those on when you install any prop plane for example.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

• 2 weeks later...