Steam Transfers now available via DCS Account Profile

NineLine

Can anyone confirm the A-10C is transferable from Steam to standalone? I have a ticket in to them about this. I just learned about DCS a couple weeks ago and dove into the free period for standalone. Fell in love with the F/A-18, AV-8B and the A-10C. I was sure I read that the half-price sale went through end of May, but when I went to purchase yesterday the sale was gone. So I opened a ticket on this, they advised to buy through Steam then do the transfer. I'm probably also going to buy the Persian Gulf map since the sale is going on.

But the wording about transferring from Steam to standalone is ambiguous, something regarding the dates of release, and I'm kind of reading it in a way that says the A-10C is not transferable since it's from an earlier date. Can anyone confirm or deny this? Thanks!

Hey oh, Still confused. I've read some modules can but they have to be (keyless) and I've also read ALL modules can except the mirage 2000. I assume I'm missing something. I just bought the Huey on Steam and then bound my accounts but I dont see it. I guess it's too old, Is it one that can not be transferred??

EDIT: Disregard, it worked! I don't use the Steam version, so I just installed it, but had not run it yet. After I ran the Steam version once the Huey got 'registered' in both Steam DCS and then the license thingy showed up in my ED profile page. I was gonna buy it through ED during the sale, but just kept forgetting lol. Thanks ED for letting us do this!

Edited by Trespasser

Hi,

I guess I am in the same wagon as many else. If I now buy A-10 warthog module from steam can I link it to standalone dcs?

I know how to do it but it's just abit unclear that is the warthog module too old for this transfer thingie.

Question: I have 3 modules on Steam that are redundant - ie I have modules in both steam and DCS standalone...AV8BNA, F/A-18, Persian Gulf. All of these are keyless AFAIK.

Would I be able to gift these modules away? I also have spare keys for Black Shark 2 that I will never use. Id like to see someone get some use out of these as I already have more than one of them and only have them on one computer anyways.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

nobody?

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

Open a support ticket with EagleDynamics and they will help you out, the admins have to unlink the key from your account before you can gift them.

Ask Jesus for Forgiveness before you takeoff :pilotfly:!

PC=Win 10 HP 64 bit, Gigabyte Z390, Intel I5-9600k, 32 gig ram, Nvidia 2060 Super 8gig video. TM HOTAS WARTHOG with Saitek Pedals

As there was relative interest in the binding process as a video, made also a video of creating a stand-alone profile for DCS and doing the Steam account binding.

Here's the video of bringing a DLC (Persian Gulf map in this case) to the stand-alone profile. Video is the same as earlier in this discussion chain.

All the feedback appreciated!

Edited by DisguisedGerbil

:music_whistling:Replying, because Gerbil:megalol:

Pointy end hurt! Fire burn!!
JTF-191 25th Draggins - Hawg Main. Black Shark 2, A10C, A10CII, F-16, F/A-18, F-86, Mig-15, Mig-19, Mig-21, P-51, F-15, Su-27, Su-33, Mig-29, FW-190 Dora, Anton, BF 109, Mossie, Normandy, Caucasus, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Channel, Syria, Marianas, WWII Assets, CA. (WWII backer picked aircraft ME-262, P-47D).

Question: I have 3 modules on Steam that are redundant - ie I have modules in both steam and DCS standalone...AV8BNA, F/A-18, Persian Gulf. All of these are keyless AFAIK.

Would I be able to gift these modules away? I also have spare keys for Black Shark 2 that I will never use. Id like to see someone get some use out of these as I already have more than one of them and only have them on one computer anyways.

I would graciously provide a hanger for those modules if your willing (and able) to gift them still. I'm just now looking at getting back into flight sims in general after being away for many years. The list of previous titles is long, but old in the tooth now of course. I've been looking at getting into DCS for a while and now with a fellow racing sim enthusiast that is dabbling in DCS, it's peaked my interest. Still need to rework my sim pit and upgrade some outdated peripherals, but hoping to get there sooner than later.

@Nineline, moderators ;

Hi guys !

Is it normal that this thread is in the "Official Updates" category ?

Everytime someone adds a post to this thread, I think that ED said something new and presumably important, and that's only friendly chatter between users like me.

Would it be possible to either move this thread out of the "Official Updates" category, or lock it ?

Thanks !

Zip - VEAF :pilotfly:

If you want to learn, talk and fly with french-speaking friends, the Virtual European Air Force is here for you ! Meet us on our Discord and our forum

If you're a mission creator, you may want to check the VEAF Mission Creation Tools (and its GitHub repository) a set of open-source scripts and tools that make creating a dynamic mission a breeze !

Yeah, this thing is being pinged all the time.

I think some of it doesn't belong here, take it to the account support forum IMO.

Edited by Worrazen

Modules: A-10C I/II, F/A-18C, Mig-21Bis, M-2000C, AJS-37, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, P-47, FC3, SC, CA, WW2AP, CE2. Terrains: NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

@Nineline, moderators ;

Hi guys !

Everytime someone adds a post to this thread, I think that ED said something new and presumably important, and that's only friendly chatter between users like me.

Would it be possible to either move this thread out of the "Official Updates" category, or lock it ?

Thanks !

+1000! It seems like this would be more appropriately placed in the Community News forum. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Nineline, moderators ;

Hi guys !

Thanks !

Agree 100%!

• 1 month later...

Since the answers were sometimes vague, I have transferred these modules from Steam to stand-alone and can confirm they do work - the list is of course not complete, since I don't have other modules than these. Also, I have not found any module where the transfer would have not worked so far (again not saying there could not be any).

DCS: A-10C Warthog

DCS: F/A-18C Hornet

DCS: JF-17 Thunder

DCS: MiG-21bis

DCS: Normandy 1944 Map

DCS: Persian Gulf Map

DCS: Spitfire LF Mk. IX

DCS: Supercarrier

DCS: The Channel Map

DCS: UH-1H Huey

DCS: WWII Assets Pack

Spitfire LF Mk. IX Operation Epsom Campaign

Su-33 for DCS World

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Curious...

Is there a benefit to doing this, other than not having to launch Steam?

I also play VR which requires Steam VR already.

Ryzen 7 5800X3D | 64GB DDR4 3600| MSI RTX 4080 16GB Ventus 3X OC  | Samsung 970 Evo 2TB NVME | HP Reverb G2 | DIY Head Tracker Cap | Logitech X-56 throttle | VKB NXT Premium |  Win 11

"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

--Arthur C Clark

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/7/2021 at 5:13 PM, Mike789 said:

I've just tried this and my modules do not appear in Standalone after transfer.  They show transferred on my DCS account profile.  Any chance its linked to the free to play or is there something else going on?

Thanks

Mike I don't know if this would help, but on the main start screen check the Module Manager (chequered box top left of the screen) and see if the modules have been installed and activated.  Click on the "Installed" tab look for the module and ensure the slide switch is green.  If not green just click it and DCS will ask for a restart to install.

The only other thing I can think of is that once on an update, my Steam purchased modules disappeared from my Standalone version.  To get them back I reinstalled the Steam version and relinked the licences and they reappeared.  Then I uninstalled the Steam version.  It might be a bit long winded and hopefully there is  an easier solution somewhere but it worked for me.  I hope this helps?

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Guys,

I need  help. So the MODS that I purchased on Steam once I transfer it to DCS account, I will not be able to play again the MODS in DCS World Steam Edition? Reason I asked because just now I got an alert for my F/A18C mods that I can play on Steam only for 2 days.

• 1 month later...

Let’s say you bind a steam module to dcs standalone, then decide to go back to Steam so you unbind it, but then decide later to bind it to dcs standalone again, will it let you?  Or can you only bind it once?

7) When you click the "Unbind" button, all your Steam transferred licenses will be revoked and the binding removed.”

the whole “license is revoked” thing concerns me.

Edited by bonesvf103

"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot