DCS Skydive

zaelu

Open the game to more public!

Eagle Dynamics could benefit from more player base no matter what. Make with few resources a free or cheap Modul called DCS Skydive.

Make the player have control over a jumping (BASE or plane or helo etc) character and make it FUN!

-Add at some point ragdoll animations/physics.

-Add controls over parachute and on foot player character.

-Add possibility to carry weapons (sidearms of original ejected pilot or whatever) Don't worry about maintaining the theme! People will create the fun by starting to shoot each other in the air or simply doing serious HALO insertion or Rescue missions in online missions/campaigns... let them be the judges of how to use it so it will be fun for more people even if they would look at DCS World. Don't worry about the graphic engine etc not being suited for FPS style playing. The idea is to create a sand box for start.

-Add possibility to reenter the plane as part of rescue or part of a multiple jumps missions but also as a challenge for people with to much spare time that simple want to reenter the same plane they jumped out of few seconds ago... or just another plane in the air. As realistically as possible meaning they should fly the parachutist through the door at least and not through the propeller or rotor or jet nozzle like in Battlefield series .

-Add possibility to carry inventory. Something you could build upon later if the module is successful as I think it would be.

I recommend going for a free module as the benefits would come afterwards and you can just make it very rudimentary at beginning . So don't worry about the atmospheric modeling at first... add it when is ready later... then you could do also DCS Glider... :)

With it give control of the normal DCS player over his parachutist. Make it so you can be allowed by server to pick a different parachute (model them later or allow mods to do it)

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

I can already see complaints about the flightmodel and that some coalition has an advantage because they got the better parachute.

Specs:WIN10, I7-4790K, ASUS RANGER VII, 16GB G.Skill DDR3, GEFORCE 1080, NVME SSD, SSD, VIRPIL T-50 THROTTLE, K-51 COLLECTIVE, MS FFB2 (CH COMBATSTICK MOD), MFG CROSSWINDS, JETPAD, RIFT S

Modules:A10C, AH-64D, AJS-37, AV8B, BF109K4, CA, F/A18C, F14, F5EII, F86F, FC3, FW190A8, FW190D9, KA50, L39, M2000C, MI8TV2, MI24P, MIG15BIS, MIG19P, MIG21BIS, MIRAGE F1, P51D, SA342, SPITFIRE, UH1H, NORMANDY, PERSIAN GULF, CHANNEL, SYRIA

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776

My Frankenwinder ffb2 stick

no, please no DCS is a simulation and not PUBG

Yes, but the player base of that game would really look good to be on simulators rather. Take what I am saying like the advise with larger hole for the toothpaste tube and slightly longer toothbrush. I am sure some of the board members said: "Huh huh... we are a serious company that deals with public health..."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Yes, but the player base of that game would really look good to be on simulators rather. Take what I am saying like the advise with larger hole for the toothpaste tube and slightly longer toothbrush. I am sure some of the board members said: "Huh huh... we are a serious company that deals with public health..."

Look at what happened to ArmA III. It's more arcade than sim really - And the community is because of all the trolls and RPG players wasted.

Arma 2 was fun, never trolls or big cheaters like in Counter Strike (Source) on the servers, since the player base was quite small and enthusiastic. When everyone bought it for DayZ, shit hit the fan on the normal servers. When the kids got borred of DayZ and all the other mods (I sure have enjoyed dayz mod btw. when it was new and had a small playerbase - before it got hyped by all the streamers, lets players etc.) they came to the other servers and ruined the gameplay for everyone.

Arma 3 is dead for most milsim players because of all this mods and people and bohemia went after the money and is pleasing the audience. (It was already dead for me when it got released, I quit like many others)

So please be careful what you wish for - You don't want to attract the wrong community/audience on such an epic combat simulator... Also don't underestimate to implement some "minor" things - A lot of ressources will be alocated.

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

Without derailing too much... I think ArmA is a different game and its supposedly demise is due to other factors than players. I think no game dies because of too many players.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

@Voodoo

MilSim communities are 99.9% of the time closed to public clans (including here). The composition of the outside community is irrelevant. And if you think modding is somehow a weakness or problem... I can only say you're insane lol Nearly every community here requires mods, too, and a majority of the populace is apt to be making use of them. A3's biggest complaint was 'fake weapons and vehicles', except they weren't fake, just renamed for licensing purposes.

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

You need to differenciate. Mods in the same directions are OK. Mods like an RPG in a Milsim (completly different direction etc.) not so. (Well, live and let live)

The Problem seems, that most of the New players (which make the majority now) want the game to be developed in a different direction - so it fits their needs more.

What does a dev - a company who wants/needs to make a profit - make here? Listen to the biggest part of the community. That seems to be what started to break Armas neck (atleast from looking up recently again how things are ATM)

1000 flights, 1000 crashes - perfect record

If you look at my join date you will see I am not really a new player :D .

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Manual deployment of parachute and making it steerable would be cool. I don't see how it would be a bad thing.

Perhaps adding a server rule so your pilot (alive and well) has to at least touch the ground before respawning would encourage people to think more about survivability, which could be favored by the upcoming points system. Steerable parachute would make the ride down a bit more fun than it is now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Manual deployment of parachute and making it steerable would be cool. I don't see how it would be a bad thing.

Perhaps adding a server rule so your pilot (alive and well) has to at least touch the ground before respawning would encourage people to think more about survivability, which could be favored by the upcoming points system. Steerable parachute would make the ride down a bit more fun than it is now.

agree

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

The Problem seems, that most of the New players (which make the majority now) want the game to be developed in a different direction - so it fits their needs more.

That's a bit presumptuous is it not to state it's all because of new players?

Perhaps you might say the same about me because my join date states i joined the forums in 2016 and i have few posts, yet i have flown since the days of Lock On

It's like my wishlist for a Super Cub to mess around in when not acting out intense military situations i was shot down hard because of "It's a military sim" yet the Christian Eagle 2 has happened, because some folks have realised the quality of the Sim itself to be above the other choices on the market, I understand the confliction between the name of the product and a non military aircraft people have but at the end of the day the more people you can attract to the market the better for the product.

Also it begs the question why on earth do we have aerobatic servers if it's just a military simulator, it shows people want more out of the product in multiple ways

agree

I'll throw down a +1 /Seconded to the steerable chute, amount of times i successfully eject and find myself watching the battle pan out as i descend to terra firma it's quite epic at times especially having a ME109 chase down a spit past you from about 20 feet away...

Infact i'm even down for the skydiving idea, could be quite fun.

as for the complaints over chutes or stupid rag doll effects... i highly doubt you'd get a poor set of effects from ED to the point they'll probably be quite real looking

infact stupid rag doll effects will probably appear as a mod if it did happen.

Edited by lord-gore
apparently incapable of using a keyboard thus had to edit post